Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Baysie in trouble

Player
    vCash
    Hello Kev,
    Great idea. Most clubs have some kind of informal jobs network going on.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Down at Baysie tonight speaking to one of the u19's coaches who is not very impressed about the contact some his players have had from someone down at Wests. These young men are our home grown talent and future prem players. Westies Man, if you are so concerned about Baysie surviving then tell your mates down at Wests to back off and grow their own colts side. You may not realise this is happening but I have it first hand that it is. Wests may not be the only club doing it but they are the only ones doing it down at Baysie.

Champion
    vCash
    We called a meeting tonight between a few junior coaches and a few concerned club and committee members about the poaching allegations going round about Wests. My advice to you is contact Carl Greenwood[West's president],you can get his contact details off our webpage. He won't deal in hearsay or innuendo but if you furnish him with facts and names of people from our club along with the names of the players involved he will then set up a meeting with a Rugby WA rep and we will get to the bottom of this. We are sick of these allegations without anyone providing facts to back them up.
    If we are not provided with evidence then we cannot act and if it is proven to be true then we will act.
    I'll tell him to expect a call from you Weiry to put an end to this once and for all.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 25-02-15 at 05:21.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Lets have a look at the Clubs which have the least success and whose supporters whinge the most. There is a common thread with most of these clubs, and it comes down to coaching. A great number of clubs in Perth still persist in appointing coaches from overseas or interstate who have no idea about the culture of the clubs they are going to. They are then stuck with these guys for the next few years.
    You should look closer at the resumes of the people you are appointing.
    So if the these coaches don't get immediate success the club heads down the long slippery slope to failure. they then whinge about losing players to clubs who through good management have a successful programme in place.
    Good players will always look to improve themselves and unless the club they are with has a workable plan in place they will leave, or become a FIFO.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    Lets have a look at the Clubs which have the least success and whose supporters whinge the most. There is a common thread with most of these clubs, and it comes down to coaching. A great number of clubs in Perth still persist in appointing coaches from overseas or interstate who have no idea about the culture of the clubs they are going to. They are then stuck with these guys for the next few years.
    You should look closer at the resumes of the people you are appointing.
    So if the these coaches don't get immediate success the club heads down the long slippery slope to failure. they then whinge about losing players to clubs who through good management have a successful programme in place.
    Good players will always look to improve themselves and unless the club they are with has a workable plan in place they will leave, or become a FIFO.
    The coach isn't the problem at baysie

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I think you should look a the last 10 seasons.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Happy to follow this up and good to hear Wests are concerned, this group of young men have been playing together for a very long time and no "choice" the coach isn't the problem, he has been coaching most of these boys for years including my son and has produced some outstanding young players.

vCash
    As a proud Baysie man I will say this. Apart from the odd bad apple we have a good attitude and club culture going. Success on field is being very short sighted (Choice). Player movements will always occur, but more and more a ledged poaching is happening. You can have the best coach in the world, but if the players you grow and develop get taken by the lure of the almighty $$$$ it matters little.

vCash
    Muddly for Premier grade!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    I think you should look a the last 10 seasons.
    So your willing to attribute all problems to coaching? There are a number of reasons players leave clubs which have been pointed out many times. You won't stop player movement nor player "poaching"

A good solution is to limit the amount of internal transfers at the premier grade level. I know in Some top comps the limit was 6. THats 6 player who played div1 rugby in that comp the last season. Now that's over a 3rd of a size but at the moment there is nothing so it could be a start. As for age grade transfers in afraid I don't have any decent ideas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Muddly for Premier grade!
    Only if you join me buddy!!

Rookie
    vCash
    Heard today Baysie lost their handy center Maaloga Konelio to Joondalup..... may have heard wrong though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddly View Post
    Only if you join me buddy!!
    I don't want to play for Baysie.

Player
    vCash
    Not all but it is a start.

Prospect
    vCash
    I dont think Baysi is in trouble guys as they look to have had big numbers at training and apparently lots of imports arrive, if the stats online tell a story, however, maybe lets just wait and see the start of the season. If players choose to jump clubs and dont have any loyalty to that club then it is the players issues not the clubs. How can you retain people if they always think the field is greener on the other side of town. It will always happen. Look when Baysie wont the premiership in the 90s they lost most of their team. But they are still here...if Joondalup have money to throw around good on them. So does Baysi and every other club if push came to shove and they were desperate I am sure they too would throw money about, but at what cost? of club facilities and junior development?. All the players you are talking about are not $$ material and hence wasting your money. Do you see any of those players mentioned here being prominent in the Spirit team -no? Should you be all fighting and ranting over these random non loyal players and their status and info about players and clubs that most people dont even have hard facts about? No, we all have better things to do. Focus this energy in making club rugby work. Guess what? If that fails we all lose our passion - RUGBY in WA. I might add that most kids stay from juniors through to seniors with their own club due to loyalty and families and the hard work put in by the volunteers. Lets not forget what rugby is about, having fun playing a sport. Its not sheep stations (sorry kiwis).

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast