Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fix the Force

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I dont think kyles to blame for the Harris try pek was lazy coming off the pillar. Kyle had another marked outside Harris.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Zac Holmes has blistering pace off the mark. He has the ability to make a break. I dont think hes a 10...he crabs sideways and has a pop gun kick. Not great habits in a 10. His line breaking ability and speed would be good somewhere. Any ideas
    Holmes' kicking out of hand has been better than Ebersohn lately. I too always thought he was short on distance, but he's been making some meters lately.

To be honest, Ebersohn only knows one thing - to hoof it. When they're playing that game, great. But, it doesn't seem like they are (although I'd struggle to tell you what kind of game they're playing).

vCash
    What we need is a 150 tonne dump truck full of money and zero interference from the ARU as to how it is utilised.

Shuffling the deck chairs probably won't produce the desired results but should be tried anyway (same old, same old hasn't gotten us anywhere). We are going to get clobbered in SA so we might as well experiment.

Anyone not 100% fit should not go on tour.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I agree that Rasolea needs to go and go back to Godwin at 12 and Brache at 13. Dellit is reliable but is not going to win you any games so no point trying him.

Just give the other outside backs a crack now - Nikora, Scott, Yamada - he has scored so many tries for Japan he must go alright. Then again what is the point it is not like they get given the ball.

Rookie
    vCash
    I think our flanker play has been pretty average and that's hurting us. I don't notice them getting around the field and involved as much as their opposite numbers. I like the idea of Mafi having a go at 6, but not sure he will be as impactful there for 80 mins as we all hope. I've been disappointed in Stander's play based on his production last year as a sub. Alcock and Cottrell don't do much for me either. I think in the spirit of trying anything, give KK a chance to start.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    a lot of us support both-if you can't bring yourself to,that's your problem & probably time you go back to living under a bridge
    Constructive criticism always brings the negative people to the fore
    Try.watching Cocoon it's more your style

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Constructive criticism always brings the negative people to the fore
    Try.watching Cocoon it's more your style
    if your idea of constructive criticism consists of"They are genuine crap there is no fix",I think you may have a problem

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    I dont think kyles to blame for the Harris try pek was lazy coming off the pillar. Kyle had another marked outside Harris.
    Kyle rushed up leaving Pek exposed to the inside step and when he went to readjust he was over committed and slipped over. You teach u/10s not to rush up past your inside defender in case he needs help to clean up his situation. And always stay on the attackers inside shoulder and force him out to the guy 1/2 m to a metre behind you on a diagonal on your outside shoulder. Defence 101.
    Dont get me started about wearing mouldeds studs on a wet field. Another rugby 101 you shouldn't do.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Amen to that last bit about the studs NTT!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Last year our good defensive centre-pairing was 12.Godwin and 13.Brache, it's unfortunate they broke that up. If they ever did play Dellit again, I hope they only consider him for centre, he was all at sea on the wing.

I dunno if all the shuffling matters though, the structure and instinctive play from 1 to 15 isn't there at the moment.

Last edited by chibi; 16-03-15 at 18:37.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onions View Post
    If we look back to last year, we will recall Junior broke his arm against Otago- I think that was the 4th game of the season. Kyle did his knee against the Cheetahs-5th or 6th game- I'm unsure. Is it possible both of them have been selected as a centre combination on reputation and the deeds of others.
    He broke it against the Reds in our 6th. Kyle did his knee in the 10th. Brache had some good games (in his time against the Reds and Waratahs especially). I don't know if they worked a whole lot better than Kyle/Rasolea. Kyle seems badly out of form at the moment and isn't taking the ball into contact a lot. Most of the kicks are painful to watch. I wonder if he is carrying some niggling injuries. I'd much rather see him at 10 or 12.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Kyle rushed up leaving Pek exposed to the inside step and when he went to readjust he was over committed and slipped over. You teach u/10s not to rush up past your inside defender in case he needs help to clean up his situation. And always stay on the attackers inside shoulder and force him out to the guy 1/2 m to a metre behind you on a diagonal on your outside shoulder. Defence 101.
    Dont get me started about wearing mouldeds studs on a wet field. Another rugby 101 you shouldn't do.
    Any of those in the southern stand could see how dirty Pek was on Kyle after that - there were words and looks that could kill, Kyle just shrugged his shoulder and ran off to join the other backs. That was one of the most disappointing moments I saw on Saturday night.
    I think some of that magic "team culture" we had last year has disappeared/worn off. Frustration is starting to show.
    Really hope they can turn it around, and before Hodgo gets back.

vCash
    If you don't like statistics then read no further.

However, if you want to see how Sam Wykes' stats compare to other Western Force Locks in 2014 and for 5 games in 2015 then read on.
    You can also see how his stats compare to Locks from the other Aussie sides in 2015.
    The numbers show that he's doing a lot better than many.

Attachment 3721

Attachment 3719

There may be many other important parts of a Lock's game but these show things that can actually be measured.

On 2014 form Wilhelm Steenkamp replaces neither Wykes nor Mafi.
    Hence until Adam Coleman can prove himself match fit, Sam Wykes and Steve Mafi are our best Lock combination.

Last edited by andrewg; 17-03-15 at 08:25.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You are putting up a gallant defence based on fact, however, often fact and truth diverge.
    Truth of the matter is he ineffective as a leader and not having an impact after halftime as a player.
    He is a long term clubman, I haven't just decided on a whim to hate on the guy.
    He probably thinks he is doing a great job, and he quite possibly is performing to the best of his ability, trouble is that isn't proving to be good enough.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    You are putting up a gallant defence based on fact, however, often fact and truth diverge.
    Truth of the matter is he ineffective as a leader and not having an impact after halftime as a player.
    He is a long term clubman, I haven't just decided on a whim to hate on the guy.
    He probably thinks he is doing a great job, and he quite possibly is performing to the best of his ability, trouble is that isn't proving to be good enough.
    I have discussed elsewhere why Wykes is the current Captain. He is likely to remain until Hodgson's return.
    Wyke's stats show some improvement on last year.

As far as WF Locks are concerned what are the options?
    1. Unfortunately Coleman's fitness currently keeps him off the pitch for any extended period. I hope that changes soon.
    2. Steenkamp has even less impact than Wykes.
    3. Walton even more so with less discipline - but I reckon he'll come good.

Last edited by andrewg; 17-03-15 at 01:32.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast