Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Force -v- Chiefs, Round 11 - Cowan's Century

vCash
    Why the hell was Zack not in NZ? Is Foley turning stubborn again not seeing the wood for the trees? I swear Sias is a loose cannon, he's putting so much pressure on the team to keep defending every time he kicks the ball away.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I doesn't say much about the mental strength of the Force players when they can only lift because Hodgson is playing. I'm not going to blame Wykes's captaincy either; these guys have played the game all their lives and made it all the way through the club grades to Super Rugby and some even test rugby, yet they can't lift themselves for their long-suffering fans who turn up to every game?

They need Hodgson to coddle them or stick a rocket up them, just so they can attain some sort of structure? None of them have the independent creative mental capacity to do it themselves? They can't talk to each other and garner ideas on-field during a match and apply innovative rugby-thinking without him?

I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well, after 5 seasons at Waikato he went to the mungos and played another 10 seasons, setting a record for consecutive goals along the way. Then lost it to his successor at the Dogs, Hazem El Masri. So he's been on the dark side a while
    Legendary North Sydney goalkicker, Daryl Halligan Name:  mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views: 347
Size:  2.9 KB

Name:  $(KGrHqZHJCIE7y)zN6m5BPIfMpu2rQ~~60_35.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  12.1 KBName:  4054524_orig.gif
Views: 493
Size:  26.5 KB

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 25-04-15 at 17:36.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post

I don't get it

Legendary North Sydney goalkicker, Daryl Halligan Name:  mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif

They have played OK and been beaten since the Hurricanes debacle so maybe Hodgo's return had minimal effect.

on the Norths photo.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Reckon Zack must be asking himself the same question Val!!! Much as I love what Foley's done to turn us around from Graham's reign of decimation and destruction, some of his selections and game plans baffle the hell out of me!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    They need Hodgson to coddle them or stick a rocket up them, just so they can attain some sort of structure? None of them have the independent creative mental capacity to do it themselves? They can't talk to each other and garner ideas on-field during a match and apply innovative rugby-thinking without him?
    I don't think so. I think people don't realise how good Hodgson is as a player. Alcock and Koteka have some good aspects to their respective games but are not in the same league. Also, his combination with a guy like Ben McCalman is far more advanced than with the other two. We perform better with Hodgson and that is not just down to leadership.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Hodgson Does make a massive difference to the team cause he can lead them. And he's just a really good player..... Also i would like to have seen Zack in the team he's sooooooooooo much better and consistent than Sias

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzy View Post
    Hodgson Does make a massive difference to the team cause he can lead them. And he's just a really good player
    Of course you are on the mark. My comment about minimal effect should have read "minimal effect apart from being one of thd best opensides on the planet." He certainly adds to a team that was already punching above their weight without much reward on the scoreboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I don't think so. I think people don't realise how good Hodgson is as a player. Alcock and Koteka have some good aspects to their respective games but are not in the same league. Also, his combination with a guy like Ben McCalman is far more advanced than with the other two. We perform better with Hodgson and that is not just down to leadership.
    Indeed, I don't think they can either. We saw some great offloads and natural support-play during the latter stages of the game the other day, something bereft from the rest of the season. And there's no question the back-row combination is so much better with him in it; our ruck-play actually becomes significant rather than a non-entity. He should dead-set be a Wallaby main-stay.

We lose Hodgson, we lose everything. The rest of the team (experienced professional rugby players) becomes useless without him, I can't stand it.

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I doesn't say much about the mental strength of the Force players when they can only lift because Hodgson is playing. I'm not going to blame Wykes's captaincy either; these guys have played the game all their lives and made it all the way through the club grades to Super Rugby and some even test rugby, yet they can't lift themselves for their long-suffering fans who turn up to every game?

I don't get it

Absolutely Chibi. As much as I didn't want to see him get injured. It gave us an interesting insight as to life after Hodgo.

What if this had been the first year after his retirement? We'd be farked

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    I remember the FoxSports numpties saying our season would be stuffed with Hodgo out for so long, and me thinking, "he's just one man; what rubbish!". But it seems they were right (much as it sticks in my throat to say so!!)

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I remember the FoxSports numpties saying our season would be stuffed with Hodgo out for so long, and me thinking, "he's just one man; what rubbish!". But it seems they were right (much as it sticks in my throat to say so!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    My sentiments exactly. And on a side note, it might put Foley's coaching efforts from last season's tremendous performances into a stark new perspective. He might be nowhere near as good as last season made him out to be, and good god I feel sick saying this, maybe the Waratahs were correct to get rid of him and Cheika really was the Tah-Messiah.

Oof, there's vomit in my mouth.

I HOPE I'M WRONG, THIS ALL JUST ME THINKING OUT LOUD FOLKS.

And when does Yamada get a game?

Last edited by chibi; 25-04-15 at 21:20.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Absolutely Chibi. As much as I didn't want to see him get injured. It gave us an interesting insight as to life after Hodgo.

Life after Hodgo won't be as bad as that. He'll be with us until the end of 2016 or 2017. By that point a lot of our younger guys, particularly the local ones, will have developed into a much stronger team such that we don't rely so heavily on one player. I am really hopeful that in 2 or 3 years half our squad will be local.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    The local players are the back-bone of a successful future. Honestly I can't wait until the days the Force morphs into the actual WA State Team, that's gonna be awesome for us, and for Aussie rugby as a whole.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Massive effort on such a special weekend. To come away from a loss with the winning team looking deflated requires a very special effort.

Hodgo you're a legend. Pek you're a legend. Ryan Louwrens take a bow.... awesome debut.
    Louwrens was awesome!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Why the hell was Zack not in NZ? Is Foley turning stubborn again not seeing the wood for the trees? I swear Sias is a loose cannon, he's putting so much pressure on the team to keep defending every time he kicks the ball away.
    Sias did some good things. And I don't think he'd be in the team if he was not doing what Foley has asked of him.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast