Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force vs NSW Waratahs - Round 13 - May 9 2015

vCash
    Despite all the negativity over the past week on this site, for all intents and purposes this is the closest to the strongest team on paper that we can put out there.

I have watched the posts about giving this one and that one a chance and throw the towel in and just play how we feel like cause the season is over has had me stewing, look how many players have had a chance and yes they have blossomed but we cannot give every one a chance we need a certain amount of stability.

Our team, yes our team is a professional outfit there to play rugby in the best way they know how, when we go to work and lose a deal do we just then give in no, we try and close the next deal using our most trusted methods, lets get real. Why weaken an already weak team just to give every one a turn,. That is not how the world works, each and every match you put your best team forward and not change for the sake of change.

I will be out their in my Force jumper and irrespective of the result I will wait behind to shake the hand of every Force player that comes to the sideline and thank them for putting themselves on the line so that I can enjoy MY TEAM.

Go The Force

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Greetings again from the UK.
    Planning to watch the game with a mate in Essex.
    Would love to be at NIB for this one!

Some team comparisons:

Starting XV:
    FORCE: 787 SXV caps; 8 (7W/1T) Test Players - 91 caps
    WARATAHS: 1,105 SXV caps; 12 Test Players - 496 caps.

Benches:
    FORCE: 285 SXV caps; 1Test Player (AB) – 4 caps.
    WARATAHS: 396 SXV caps; 2 Test Player - 5 caps.

Packs:
    FORCE: 892 kG
    WARATAHS: 926 kg (+34kg)

Waratahs have significantly more SXV and Test experience.
    (Anybody want to talk about an “even playing field”?)
    Waratahs +34kg on starting pack and +3kg with replacements.

Force needs put in for full 80 minutes.
    Force needs scrum to hold its own, lineout to lift and back row to stay together.
    Force need to run the ball themselves as Tahs will take full advantage of our kicking game.
    Force need to lift tackling efficiency. (Anywhere above woeful would be great!)

3 in a row against the Waratahs would be excellent!!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    If the forecast was for rain on Saturday I'd be thinking twice about going. That's how over the current 'game plan' I am.
    Unfortunately, the selection of Sias betrays Mr Foley's (forward-driven, but not forward thinking) game plan.

It will be kick for the corners, kick to the heavens, hope they make a mistake, try to pressure them (if we get there in time and the kicks are accurate - big if!), and then try something unimaginative in their 22, but then come to life in the last 10 minutes running the ball from everywhere and getting a fine consolation try when the game is well and truly lost!

Yes, I'm a Force man, and I know the game plan...!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    At least we know what the three most words uttered at the game will be, DON'T KICK IT!!! followed by a big sigh.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It is going to be an interesting match, if only to see how the Waratahs handle our game plan. If it is our normal one and bothers them at all, it won't bode well for the Wallabies later in the year...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I wonder if the players back themselves and go out and express themselves? I wonder if Junior and Kyle might switch around on-the-fly into last year's stoic combination? Show some creativity as the game plays, so to speak? Reckon DHP could start really barking some orders in from fullback and directing the play a bit more as he sees it. Ball-running Mafi and old-head Hodgson could start seeing a few weaknesses and take the initiative (as they're known to do) and call-for-the-ball or pick-and-drive unexpectedly, bringing in Cottrell and Coleman in support and surprising the opposition while they have their eyes on McCalman out there waiting for his next hit-up? I think Koteka and Steenkamp might enjoy coming off the bench and having an input into that improvisational role too. If the backs look like they just might be on-song and Sias just can't distribute in the right direction, could Hodgson make the call and get Burton on instead? Maybe he can tell DHP to go into first-receiver?

Should be interesting if the players go out there and back their rugby instincts and experience, they've been playing this game all their lives after all.

I think we have more chance of winning this game than the Blues one last week. Not that I'm calling New South Wales lightweights, but the Blues can still fall back onto basic rugby initiative and team-play if they get hassled out of their comfort-zone; I'm not sure the Aussie teams can.

Now for my broken-record, I would really like to see Yamada before the season's out though.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    And no Zack again?

vCash
    Anyone have an update on the Benny Mac contract negotiations? (we need to keep him so bad)

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I wonder if the players back themselves and go out and express themselves? I wonder if Junior and Kyle might switch around on-the-fly into last year's stoic combination? Show some creativity as the game plays, so to speak? Reckon DHP could start really barking some orders in from fullback and directing the play a bit more as he sees it. Ball-running Mafi and old-head Hodgson could start seeing a few weaknesses and take the initiative (as they're known to do) and call-for-the-ball or pick-and-drive unexpectedly, bringing in Cottrell and Coleman in support and surprising the opposition while they have their eyes on McCalman out there waiting for his next hit-up?
    Dane and Mafi are the most consistent go-forward men in the team. All the backs need to run off DHP and be ready for the offload. The forwards should do the same with Mafi. It's the only way to bend the defensive line these days, then get quick ball and go wide looking for gaps.

And please, can we see some imaginative running lines in attack?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    At least we know what the three most words uttered at the game will be, DON'T KICK IT!!! followed by a big sigh.
    Actually, it's FOUR words now:

DON"T F@#*@*NG KICK IT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Actually, it's FOUR words now:

DON"T F@#*@*NG KICK IT!
    Just falls on deaf ears - we're back to the bad Ol days again!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Despite all the negativity over the past week on this site, for all intents and purposes this is the closest to the strongest team on paper that we can put out there.

I have watched the posts about giving this one and that one a chance and throw the towel in and just play how we feel like cause the season is over has had me stewing, look how many players have had a chance and yes they have blossomed but we cannot give every one a chance we need a certain amount of stability.

Our team, yes our team is a professional outfit there to play rugby in the best way they know how, when we go to work and lose a deal do we just then give in no, we try and close the next deal using our most trusted methods, lets get real. Why weaken an already weak team just to give every one a turn,. That is not how the world works, each and every match you put your best team forward and not change for the sake of change.

I will be out their in my Force jumper and irrespective of the result I will wait behind to shake the hand of every Force player that comes to the sideline and thank them for putting themselves on the line so that I can enjoy MY TEAM.

Go The Force
    I think you and I speak a similar language!
    Now if the knitting circles could stop whinging for a bit...

Player
    vCash
    In response to some of the previous posts. The reason we have a squad of players is to cover for injuries and allow us to bring other players in if the form/attitude of an existing starter warrants them being benched or dropped. The Force are more than just the incumbent 1 to 15 plus reserves. Its the entire squad and to not maximise your chances of winning by calling on the strengths of the entire playing squad is plain dumb. There is talent there.

To infer that giving a squad member a shot in the starting team is simply window dressing and undeserving of selection is disrespectful to them. How would Ryan Louwrens have ever got his shot if not for Alby getting an injury and Prior getting a Red Card. He would still be playing club rugby and we would be none the wiser. He's now our starter.

No one is calling for wholesale changes to the team. The Force 1 to 9 is consistent and warrants selection on form. DHP at 15 has been very good. 10 to 14 however can and should be looked at based on form. This doesn't require massive changes and some only a positional switch. Everyone thinks Godwin should be at 12. The Force thought Godwin should be at 12 in 2013 and 2014. The Wallabies thought Godwin was a 12. Why do the Force now think he's a 13? It wasn't broken....switch Godwin and Junior back.

To infer that any posters not towing the Force company line and offering up an opinion on current selections makes them a lesser supporter is ridiculous. This isn't communism. We can have an opinion that goes against the status quo.

After 10 years we should be asking where the Force are going as a team. That's not being a traitor that's just smart business.

I too will be there on Saturday as always cheering the boys on. Go Force!

vCash
    Well said.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    I think you and I speak a similar language!
    Now if the knitting circles could stop whinging for a bit...
    I hope I finish my beanie before the match!😉

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast