Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force vs NSW Waratahs - Round 13 - May 9 2015

vCash
    I am a wee bit sick and tired of being made to feel like I should be ashamed for criticising my team for putting in a poor performance (especially a string of them) when they are capable of so much more. I am a passionate supporter, not an obsequious sycophant. Loyalty and faith should never be taken for granted - it must be earned. RugbyWA need to know that.

Sorry GB, but I find your "knitting circle" comment insulting.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Alison; 08-05-15 at 08:32.
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Anyone have an update on the Benny Mac contract negotiations? (we need to keep him so bad)
    This was on The West online today:

Wallabies and Waratahs coach Michael Cheika believes it will be hard to prise Ben McCalman away from the Western Force.

The Tahs have made no secret of their desire to lure McCalman, who would help offset the pending departures of Wycliff Palu and Jacques Potgieter.

The Force had been hoping to announce McCalman’s re-signing before tomorrow night’s clash with the reigning champions at nib Stadium, but contract talks have not been completed.

Cheika, who leaves the Waratahs at the end of the season, said he had not been involved in talks with McCalman, but was not surprised his NSW club was pushing hard.

“Any team would be interested in Ben, but I think it will be hard to get him away from the Force,” Cheika said.

“One thing in speaking to Ben, he has loved his time and his footy at the Force. Whatever he’s going to do, that is going to count a lot.”

The Force’s only success this season came against the Waratahs in round one.

Cheika said he was wary of the Force, despite their 10 consecutive losses.

“The Force’s performances haven’t really told the tale of their place on the table at all. I genuinely think they’ve had a bit of bad luck,” he said.

“They have not had the rub of the green. They have lost a player at a key moment or have had a few little injuries to important personnel.

“Round one is long gone. If we are thinking about that we’re finished. We’ve got to be thinking about this round.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...ling-mccalman/

I wonder if the ARU are dragging their feet in the contract negotiations in the hope he will sign with the Tahs.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Would not be at all surprised Kept One.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I am a wee bit sick and tired of being made to feel like I should be ashamed for criticising my team for putting in a poor performance (especially a string of them) when they are capable of so much more. I am a passionate supporter, not an obsequious sycophant. Loyalty and faith should never be taken for granted - it must be earned. RugbyWA need to know that.

Sorry GB, but I find your "knitting circle" comment insulting.
    Oh okay.
    Just so I know, everyone is only allowed an opinion if it's negative about the Force.
    Because trying stand with the team, believing that they can - is seen as a seemingly silly - but even though everyone wants rugby to succeed here in Perth, it's more fun to throw rocks at the players we have and then shake heads in confusion and wonder as to why
    players leave and WA is battling to entice other players to go West?

Sure I'm gutted by the results, for everyone, RugbyWA, the coaches, the players, the fans - everyone, but I figure tearing strips off players and coaches, only aids to create a more negative environment.

But hey, if you choose to be insulted - that is your choice, I can't prevent you.
    In the same way that I got "outraged" at Palitu awhile back.

Now! What superhero are you coming dressed as on Saturday?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Please God.. Cut us some slack and luck... we desperately need it

vCash
    Now! What superhero are you coming dressed as on Saturday?[/QUOTE]

There's only one.... SHARPIE OFCOURSE...WHO ELSE??? Duh!
    Zippideedoodar Zippideeyay!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll be coming as a real superhero who is impervious to pain. A supporter in gear, with my 5 year and 10 year badges on the jersey.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    GB - you're missing my point. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That's not in dispute. What I am objecting to is being chastised for having one that is negative. I don't criticise anyone for choosing to live in what I believe to be cloud cuckoo land and I don't like others criticising me for living in glass half empty land. Opposite opinions are what make the world do round. Belittling people for having one that is opposite does not.

Anyway let's draw a line under that and hug and make up :-) Superhero? I'm going to find a beard like yours! 😆

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Oh okay.
    Just so I know, everyone is only allowed an opinion if it's negative about the Force.
    Because trying stand with the team, believing that they can - is seen as a seemingly silly - but even though everyone wants rugby to succeed here in Perth, it's more fun to throw rocks at the players we have and then shake heads in confusion and wonder as to why

Sure I'm gutted by the results, for everyone, RugbyWA, the coaches, the players, the fans - everyone, but I figure tearing strips off players and coaches, only aids to create a more negative environment.

But hey, if you choose to be insulted - that is your choice, I can't prevent you.
    Not at all GB, I quite admire you're positive outlook & no one criticises you for being positive. Maybe the world would be a better place if we were all a little more that way inclined. But, the sad reality is I'm (& some others) are not.

It's incredibley frustrating seeing the same flawed game plan each week. We're only able to turn it on when we're chasing a lost cause. I'm unable to curb my frustration in the same way you are.

[/QUOTE]Now! What superhero are you coming dressed as on Saturday?[/QUOTE]

The Wolverine... been growing my sideys for weeks!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post

There's only one.... SHARPIE OFCOURSE...WHO ELSE??? Duh!
    Zippideedoodar Zippideeyay!
    Damn Jo, I can't see you pulling off that costume change in a phone booth!!

vCash
    I don't think anyone on this forum supports the team any less and most on this forum will be the game this Saturday in their Force gear.

After 10 straight losses questions need to be asked. Simple as that.

I can cop it when they play well and have a win, lose or draw. But when they play like spuds they deserve a bit of flak.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Oh okay.

G Beard I cannot agree more with what you say.

We all talk about the team not doing this and not doing that and playing for half the time ect........

Our team, and I think we all recognise that it is simply not as big, strong, skilled ect as the rest of the Super 15 teams, yet every week I see them playing their hearts out and giving it their all and I am sure turning up with very sore bodies in the recovery sessions and then getting up the next week to get bashed around again, yet I do not hear them complaining like we all seem to do in this and other places.

I for one appreciate what it must take to play rugby at this level and realise that despite the uneven they are there each week for me to cheer on and escape from the reality of other day troubles for a few hours, so they are my super heroes and I too will come out dressed in my Force gear, however not for the pain they cause me but the pain they suffer to entertain me and the rest of the sea of blue.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    yet every week I see them playing their hearts out and giving it their all
    to clarify my feelings (and I'm sure those of some others) I'm not sure that I see this every week.

Case in point, the Chiefs game, I was proud of the effort, the boys were out against a pointy end team, littered with internationals and supported by quality. They played good hard rugby to the best of their ability, I was proud. Against the Blues, they simply didn't. It wasn't a case of putting in the effort and being beaten by a better team. They were beaten by a team that is almost as mentally fragile as themselves. The difference was that the B,use turned up and the Force didn't.

I'm sure they don't choose to be this inconsistent, nor do they enjoy it, but it happens....and it frustrates me.....and I lament about it publicly.

All I ask is the right to do that without having to justify my frustration every time I express an opinion.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Be weewy weewy qwiet....I'm hunting wabbits..bunnies that is!

Name:  Force 15.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  110.8 KB

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    If it was the Reds, I'd half expect a press release tomorrow saying they'd signed McCalman, with a "Sorry, guess we were mistaken" on Sunday...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast