Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    replacing who?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Ideal opportunity to give Brad Lacey a crack
    If the highlanders play the regular back 3 it's not the time to have him there.
    With Eberson kicking all the force ball to this lot will not do the kid any favours
    There has been plenty of opportunity to play this kid against seeker opponents to give confidence and experience but this bunch of peanuts wouldn't have a clue in how to manage a player or a team

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Hate to say it but the only thing to save the WF is that the Highlanders sometimes have a day off. Hope this is the day, maybe Jamie Joseph will feel sorry for the place he spent some of his youth.
    Realistically our game plan should suit the Highlanders so I am stocking the fridge so I can numb the senses a little.
    Shame Joe Wheeler is out injured, love seeing the bloke do his work.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    If the highlanders play the regular back 3 it's not the time to have him there.
    With Eberson kicking all the force ball to this lot will not do the kid any favours
    There has been plenty of opportunity to play this kid against seeker opponents to give confidence and experience but this bunch of peanuts wouldn't have a clue in how to manage a player or a team
    From what I have seen of Brad Lacey he would have done a better job of stopping that fijian that plays for the Tahs. He is very strong defensively. I have no doubt he would relish the challenge when given his chance.

Give him a go Foley!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    The Badger was on 6PR last night and they asked him about any selection changes. He said team announcement on Thursday but did mention a young fella getting a crack......good to get a chance on the bench. Could be Lacey or Nikoro?

Of course Mitch still hasn't been given a decent chance to make an impact but his presence was enough to get the team up against the Tahs!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Of course Mitch still hasn't been given a decent chance to make an impact but his presence was enough to get the team up against the Tahs!
    it was his wildly thrown pass that got them over the mark when he came on for the blood/head bin...

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    If it was a shot everytime a Force player does a hit-up from a standing start, after ten minutes...

Is that a picture of me outside the Paddo after the 141 challenge?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    9 Louwrens
    10 Burton
    11 Badger
    12 Godwin
    13 Brache
    14 Lacey
    15 DHP

Give Lacey a crack. Bring on Scott at the 55-60min mark. Its time to see what some of these young fellas can do.

If the reports of Sias being unhappy are true then the coaches need to look at the situation, adjust things, adjust the selections or grant him a release and keep persevering with Zack and Burto. I mean its not like Sias or the coaching staff is leading us to the promised land with the kick at all costs mentality. It is most certainly leading to all sorts of frustration for the players and fans. Blind Freddy can see that our own lack of daring play is what frustrates the players and paying public and keeps the scoreboard sleepy. Weve got to keep cycling through our squad to see whos up to it and whos not. The Rabble seem to have found a couple of hidden gems in Reid and Naivalu and an attacking mindset is getting them everywhere this year and we should have a serious look at what they have done to be competitive on a shoestring budget too. First and foremost is to play some attacking rugby though and find players who want to attack.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by NTT; 21-05-15 at 14:14. Reason: not happy with post
    There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    9 Louwrens
    10 Burton
    11 Badger
    12 Godwin
    13 Brache
    14 Lacey
    15 DHP

G
    I'd be happy with that 9 to 15 and Mitch on the bench.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Thursday, 21 May 2015

HAYLETT-PETTY RETURNS TO FACE HIGHLANDERS

Fullback Dane Haylett-Petty will return to the Western Force’s starting XV when the Western Australian club takes on the Otago Highlanders at the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium) on Saturday (23 May).

Haylett-Petty resumes his regular place in the ‘15’ jersey after being a late omission in the Force’s last match against the NSW Waratahs with a groin injury.

Outside back Marcel Brache, who started on the wing against the Waratahs, will start at outside centre against the New Zealanders, linking with Kyle Godwin in the midfield, who will shift to the ‘12’ jersey in place of the injured Solomoni Jnr Rasolea (ankle).

On the bench, local product and Wests Scarborough winger Brad Lacey is set to make his Asteron Life Super Rugby debut, having also represented the Australian Under 20 at last year’s IRB Junior World Championship, and progressed through the Perth Spirit in the 2014 Buildcorp National Rugby Championship. Lacey becomes the 10th local player to represent the Western Force in 2015.

Lock Sam Wykes is set to make his return from a foot injury that has sidelined him for three matches.

Tickets are available for the Western Force’s home match against the Highlanders at the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium) on Saturday, 23 May. Tickets are available from www.ticketmaster.com.au.

2015 Asteron Life Super Rugby – Week 15
    Western Force v Highlanders
    The ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium), Perth
    Saturday, 23 May 2015
    Kick-off: 7.45pm

1. Pekahou Cowan
    2. Nathan Charles
    3. Tetera Faulkner
    4. Steve Mafi
    5. Adam Coleman
    6. Angus Cottrell
    7. Matt Hodgson (c)
    8. Ben McCalman
    9. Ryan Louwrens
    10. Sias Ebersohn
    11. Nick Cummins
    12. Kyle Godwin
    13. Marcel Brache
    14. Luke Morahan
    15. Dane Haylett-Petty

Reserves
    16. Heath Tessmann
    17. Chris Heiberg
    18. Guy Millar
    19. Sam Wykes
    20. Kane Koteka
    21. Alby Mathewson
    22. Luke Burton
    23. Brad Lacey

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Hallelujah!!! Kyle to 12!!! About friggen time. Marcel to 13!!! Lacey getting a crack. All positive signs. I think Sias will benefit from Kyle moving back to 12.
    Good to see the coaches finally making some moves selection wise. Hopefully they get the backs to unleash the shackles and have a red hot crack with ball in hand.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by NTT; 21-05-15 at 14:28.
    There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    9 Louwrens
    10 Burton
    11 Badger
    12 Godwin
    13 Brache
    14 Lacey
    15 DHP

Give Lacey a crack. Bring on Scott at the 55-60min mark. Its time to see what some of these young fellas can do.

If the reports of Sias being unhappy are true then grant him a release and keep persevering with Zack and Burto. I mean its not like Sias is leading us to the promised land with the kick at all costs mentality. If I played outside him in the backline id be pissed with the guy for not giving any ball to his teammates. Blind Freddy can see that our own lack of daring play is what frustrates the players and paying public and keeps the scoreboard sleepy. Weve got to keep cycling through our squad to see whos up to it and whos not. The Rabble seem to have found a couple of hidden gems in Reid and Naivalu and an attacking mindset is getting them everywhere this year and we should have a serious look at what they have done to be competitive on a shoestring budget too. First and foremost is to play some attacking rugby though and find players who want to attack.

Agree with what you're saying and I'd like to see that backline get a run.

I know we all complain about Sias's kicking but I've got a feeling he's only doing what the coach is telling him to do. We know MF likes a game plan where we continually try to play it in the oppositions half. If the game plan was to play attacking rugby (very unlikely) & Sias kept kicking possession away wouldn't the coaching staff hook him?
    With the season lost already why can't the coaching staff be brave enough to try a different strategy. I'm sure all the guys would love to play running rugby and entertain the fans, who knows we may be less predictable and even start winning.

vCash
    I'm glad to see Louwrens starting, he really does show potential. Am a big fan of Alby's and I think he can really make an impact coming on in the last 25-30 mins. I hope they give Lacey a decent run and bring him on with about 15-20 mins to go .

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Hallelujah!!! Kyle to 12!!! About friggen time. Marcel to 13!!! Lacey getting a crack. All positive signs. I think Sias will benefit from Kyle moving back to 12.
    A big tick from me as well, lets hope he performs as we know he can. Marcel can defend and he is going to have to.

Rookie
    vCash
    Full lineup announced and only change is Godwin to 12, Brache to 13 and Burton on the bench. Wykes back in as reserve and Lacey getting a crack instead of Scott.

I like the changes in the center, just hope Sias uses them.
    https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/pr...c9ae5c0002.png

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast