Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Force v Reds Round 16

vCash
    I don't think there were any conspiracies going on. I think it was just a very inexperienced ref who was getting a bit flustered, trying his best but a bit overwhelmed. As he gets more experienced may turn out to be Ok (or maybe not, who knows).

While we remain one of the also-rans of the comp we will get more than our fair share of the less experienced refs.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post

While we remain one of the also-rans of the comp we will get more than our fair share of the less experienced refs.
    So we will only be charged half price next season as we only have a second rate team and will only get second rate refs!
    I was planing on renewing for one more year so half price will do me!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    So we will only be charged half price next season as we only have a second rate team and will only get second rate refs!
    I was planing on renewing for one more year so half price will do me!
    Did you read about the Perth Glory offer to their members?

Perth Glory to offer discount memberships for 2015/16 season in the wake of salary cap scandal
    May 30, 2015 4:43pm

BRADEN QUARTERMAINE Perth Now

PERTH Glory has slashed membership prices by as much as 18 per cent for next season in a bid to hold on to its core membership base in the wake of the club’s salary cap scandal.

Glory will begin its membership drive on Tuesday and the special discount prices will apply for existing members who renew for next season before July 15.

Existing members will also be offered other sweeteners to stick with the embattled club, including free admission to any FFA Cup matches the team plays at home this season — which includes the November 7 final should Glory qualify for and host the showpiece match.

The Terrace, Shed and Silver memberships have all been cut from $275 to $225 for renewing members, Gold memberships have been reduced by $40 to $380 and Platinum memberships cut by $95 to $650.

There will be moderate increases on this season’s prices for new members.

Glory membership manager Joseph Marafioti said the discount memberships were aimed at “rewarding our core group of members who have supported us every step of the way and stayed loyal to us”.

“We acknowledge that our members were hurt, like the rest of us were, after missing out on finals football,” he said.

“They saw 14 of the best home games that Perth Glory has ever played last year, but they didn’t see a final. We have listened to their feedback, and more importantly, we have acted.’’

Glory was dumped from the finals and fined $269,000 by Football Federation Australia for salary cap rorting.

Perth, which led the competition for much of the season, would have finished third and hosted an elimination final against Melbourne City at nib Stadium.

Glory members will receive a renewal letter from coach Kenny Lowe this week.

“The back end of Season 10 was a trying and testing time for the club but we are confident we are moving in a positive direction,” Lowe writes.

“We need your support to help our proud club back to Glory and hope you will remain part of our Glory family.’’

A new slogan, #WESTVSREST, will also be unveiled to replace this season’s #NOTGIVINGIN.

Glory is not expected to have its full squad in place when pre-season training begins on June 17. The draw for the FFA Cup Round of 32 will be held on July 1.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Interesting Chibi!
    If the few remaining 10yrs are offered a discount, which we deserve IMO, will that be enough to to keep a ses of blue?
    Having been a member since day one this year has made we wonder if membership is worth while!
    I find Friday games a problem to get too. I'm not impressed with the new format for next year. Do I want to turn up for another 8 weeks of second place again!
    I think that next year I'll just turn up and buy a ticket at the door.
    But there's at least another month before they send out the memberships and I will probably have changed my mind!

vCash
    An interesting concept would be to give the members a dedicated section. I think with the smaller group of Force supporters packed into one section may in fact create an atmosphere. Of course, that may negate people's choice as to where they can sit, but I think it might be good to concentrate 10-year fans in the areas of e227 e228 e229 e230 etc.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Put away the tin hats. The penalty count was 11-12 in favour of the Reds. They won because their players are better and far more experienced. They are coached by a dickhead but they have brought in someone much more capable. They also had some top personnel returning. Our team is currently not Super Rugby standard. The reasons are obvious but it is what it is. The equation has not changed. Become a dominant team and win despite poor refereeing.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Put away the tin hats. The penalty count was 11-12 in favour of the Reds. They won because their players are better and far more experienced. They are coached by a dickhead but they have brought in someone much more capable. They also had some top personnel returning. Our team is currently not Super Rugby standard. The reasons are obvious but it is what it is. The equation has not changed. Become a dominant team and win despite poor refereeing.
    Penalties conceded was Force 13 Queensland 10 according to the match stats on the Fox Sports website. Not exactly as one sided as some have suggested.

Two other stats would be the 53% Possession to Qld and the 64% territory to Qld as well.

Or how about 21 missed tackles from the Force, a side that "prides" itself on defence?

Not once did the Force hold the ball for 7+ phases and Qld did it 4 times.

But let's make the Ref the scape goat.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    We would have lost that game even if we had a ref straight out of the Sea of Blue! But when they send refs over who don't even know the laws of the game one gets a bit peed off!
    Apart from not knowing the difference between rucks and mauls he was quite clearly heard saying at lineouts "numbers didn't matter" during the second half.
    He made what was a dismal display even more painfull with his decision making and lack of! The use of the TMO is not helping the flow of the game and I'm not just talking about Friday's match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Or how about 21 missed tackles from the Force, a side that "prides" itself on defence?
    That's been the jarring thing for me all season. I have been able to accept that the attack plan has been very limited, and that they have no "plan B" in attack, but the lack of the defence we have seen in previous years galls me the most.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    I remember ones of the ARs telling the main ref to STFU at scrum time and get on with it.
    I hope that wasn't the same AR that couldn't see the forward pass to Turner for the Reds second try.....?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Penalties conceded was Force 13 Queensland 10 according to the match stats on the Fox Sports website.
    Got 11-12 from SMH. The ref is hopelessly inexperienced and made some terrible decisions but pretty irrelevant to the result. Had we won, the Reds supporters would be outraged at the bad calls too. But he didn't lose it for us. Our blokes were never in the hunt.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    whatsdoin--sorry to rain on your parade re coaches who leave never to be seen again,but have you never heard of Tommy Fearn?
    Whoops you are right BDG. My bad!
    I believe he is at Nedlands and doing lots of good things with young players in first grade. I remember him coming to our club and helping coaches. We had kiwis and aussies and SA's and we all asked the club for him to get him back, which he did.
    My point I was trying to make tho was that no one stays. So the team and its culture is FIFO so to speak.
    Tom Fearn would be a great asset for Rugbywa, NRC would be good spot to get him back involved.

vCash
    Given the TEN years we have had I hardly think we have a "I want it now" problem
    The reality is we have had plenty of time to do better and we have made little progress
    My wife and I will definitely renew our gold memberships next year, just like we have for the last ten years - because we are devoted to this team and rugby in WA. However, it is still reasonable for us to expect a lot more than what we have seen this season. Unless the administration accepts that the on-field performances are way short of acceptable and drives some serious change, we will continue to see the club erode and a bad situation will only get worse.
    Don't lose faith, but also don't accept what is currently being delivered, because, after 10 years, it simply isn't good enough..

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well said Macattack. That sums up my feelings too.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Genia the weasel-snake and the cheating ref from last night are why I have decided I absolutely REFUSE to let the east coast shysters beat us into submission! I will be first in the queue to renew my membership just to show them that the West will NEVER lie down and let those f*ckwits win the war!!!
    Wow. Why not secede from the commonwealth while you are at it?

Speaking as a supporter of another team that has been mightily unimpressive these past two years, might I suggest that you will achieve more if you lose the conspiracy theories and chip on the shoulder and look at re-building through a campaign of agitation through your board and in the media.

The Reds members have been active in direct communications to the QRU and in the media. The message that Richard Graham is toxic, seems to be finally working.

Don't underestimate the power of grass roots discontent.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast