Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Force v Reds Round 16

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    If we seceded from the Commonwealth and played in the WRC and played the Wallabies in the final, with our record over the Tah's we would be a BIG chance!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Got 11-12 from SMH. The ref is hopelessly inexperienced and made some terrible decisions but pretty irrelevant to the result. Had we won, the Reds supporters would be outraged at the bad calls too. But he didn't lose it for us. Our blokes were never in the hunt.
    Fair enough, the point is that the penalty count was not as one sided as some may have thought. The ordinary calls went both ways and the reference to a cheating ref is laughable.

14th vs 15th isn't going to attract the best ref's. Agreed that he is a bit inexperienced but he'll hopefully learn from it as much as the players will from their own performance.

We didn't front up at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Wow. Why not secede from the commonwealth while you are at it?

Speaking as a supporter of another team that has been mightily unimpressive these past two years, might I suggest that you will achieve more if you lose the conspiracy theories and chip on the shoulder and look at re-building through a campaign of agitation through your board and in the media.

The Reds members have been active in direct communications to the QRU and in the media. The message that Richard Graham is toxic, seems to be finally working.

Don't underestimate the power of grass roots discontent.
    dirt has to be worth more than it is for that to occur.

i don't think you can make too many comparisons between force and reds and their organisation. reds are in a traditional rugby state, have large membership and have been successful relatively recently, we have always been like the ugly stepchild and struggled with recruitment of coaches and players. when looking at the reds performance, the obvious deficiency is in coaching. our deficiencies seem to be across players, coaching and management and its less obvious where to apportion responsibility for bad performances.

I do agree, however, that the tin foil needs to go back into the cupboard and we need to have a long hard look at every aspect of our organisation when the season ends. given our isolation and small rugby community, community input may be more effective in achieving accountability and change.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Foley slams Force attitude after defeat

Nick Taylor
    June 1, 2015, 7:52 am

Young local Western Force product Luke Burton is likely to start in the key playmaker role for the first time in Friday night's Super Rugby clash with finals contender the Brumbies at nib Stadium.

First choice fly-half Sias Ebersohn damaged ribs in the uninspiring 32-10 loss to Queensland on Saturday night that virtually doomed the Force to the wooden spoon.

Burton, who came off the reserves bench for Ebersohn, was fly-half for Australia at the 2013 and 2014 Junior World Cups.

He has been Ebersohn's back-up in the last three games ahead Zack Holmes and coach Michael Foley said Burton's move from centre was part of his future planning.

"One of the decisions we made a number of weeks ago was to start grooming Luke into potentially playing in the 10 position." Foley said.

Foley was unhappy and frustrated with player attitude, particularly at the breakdown, in the loss to the Reds that exposed a depth in player quality.

They were always on the back foot with just 65 per cent possession overall, a figure that blew out alarmingly to more than 80 per cent early in the second half because of their inability to get out of defence.

They only had the ball in the Reds half five times in the second period and it took 25 minutes before the first opportunity.

They were also forced to make 177 tackles but did so with a 90 per cent success rate, their highest of the year.

"You always assess the attitude in physical aspects of the game. We were off in that area," Foley said.

"Attitude is central to what we want to see. The reality is we made it easy for the Reds to get the ball back.

"We're a battling team that can mix it in some areas but unless we play as a team it's going to be too difficult.

"A number of basics let us down, set piece, some defensive moments, the way we exited our own half and most importantly the breakdown.

"We were beaten pretty soundly at the breakdown. Fundamentally that area was the biggest difference. They were just a step faster than us.

"If we are getting slow ball we are running into brick walls and there's just no point."

Captain Matt Hodgson said players needed to put their hand up.

"We were reactive rather than proactive," Hodgson said.

"In our breakdown we'd probably hold back and wait for someone else to do it rather than putting your hand up and doing it yourself.

"We'd wait one second and that's all they needed to give them an opportunity. We were always behind the gain line."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...-after-defeat/

vCash
    I wish WA could secede then I wouldn't have to to share this nation with condescending, arrogant primates such as yourself. Go and play in your own sandpit you weasel.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Go and play in your own sandpit you weasel.
    Weasel? Wow! I thought that was Genia. Or is that all Queenslanders? Maybe the Mungos should take it into Origin. Canetoads is too lame but Weasels is almost as derogatory as Cockroaches. I like it!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Speaking of secession, HAPPY WA DAY EVERYBODY!

That's HAPPY FOUNDATION DAY for all us over 30's!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Senior Player
    vCash

Numbers

27-Feb Hurricanes 14,670
    13-Mar Rebels 9,972
    11-Apr Cheetahs 9,710
    18-Apr Stormers 10,823
    09-May Waratahs 10,115
    23-May Highlanders 13,554
    30-May Reds 9,259

Somewhere, there's a pattern in these attendance numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I wish WA could secede then I wouldn't have to to share this nation with condescending, arrogant primates such as yourself. Go and play in your own sandpit you weasel.
    Okaaaaay...... I think I'm sensing where the problem is, and why it is likely to remain a problem.

I'm a bit confused as to whether I'm a primate or a weasel, but either way, I shall withdraw from your scintillating contributions.

Sorry that I offered you some insight as to how we are handling similar problems in the deep east. How arrogant and condescending of me.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Okaaaaay...... I think I'm sensing where the problem is, and why it is likely to remain a problem.

I'm a bit confused as to whether I'm a primate or a weasel, but either way, I shall withdraw from your scintillating contributions.

Sorry that I offered you some insight as to how we are handling similar problems in the deep east. How arrogant and condescending of me.
    Look who you're quoting though.
    I wouldn't waste too much effort replying.

vCash
    Well "Petalz", at least I have a contribution to make. Whereas you, it seems, only crawl out of the woodwork to stir trouble and stick your nose into business that has nothing to do with you. Happy to hear your thoughts on the Force this season. Assuming you have any idea of course.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Okay, it was shite, however the blame, in my opinion, is with the whole organisation. Somewhere something is not right and it is been seen in the results. BUT they are my rugby team and I will support them regardless.

vCash
    Sias looked okay at training this morning, however Dane appeared to be on the outer with what looked like a knee guard on his knee with Paddy Dellit running the moves, hope all are okay for the game.

Do not read too much in Taylor's article Foles said as much in training, he also gave a bit of insight into the need for kicking options and that Cooper played well and was probably worth fifteen points extra on his own to the Reds, good news Dog is almost signed and we should have some good news before the week is out.

Roll on Friday

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Speaking of secession, HAPPY WA DAY EVERYBODY!

That's HAPPY FOUNDATION DAY for all us over 30's!
    yep, i am now over thirty, by about 12 hours... Happy Foundation day!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Gee whiz Alison you've been chewing out some people today! Everything ok?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast