Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brumbies to sign super-boot Nick Jooste to Super Rugby contract

vCash
    Wow..totally underwhelmed by all of the trash talk following some trash talk by the manager of a good young kid with potential.
    Let's all dump on the Western Force for something that hasn't even happened yet!
    Neither the Brumbies nor the Force would be doing Jooste a favour to play him in SXV for the next 3 years as he needs a lot of physical development.
    But I do like his potential but for 2016/17 I'd back Luke Burton against Nick Jooste.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Agree with Andrew G, also worth noting the two of the six mentioned at the start of the thread were signed by us.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Wow..totally underwhelmed by all of the trash talk following some trash talk by the manager of a good young kid with potential.
    Let's all dump on the Western Force for something that hasn't even happened yet!
    Neither the Brumbies nor the Force would be doing Jooste a favour to play him in SXV for the next 3 years as he needs a lot of physical development.
    But I do like his potential but for 2016/17 I'd back Luke Burton against Nick Jooste.
    All spot on points.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    From Rugby WA Community FB Page

SCHOOLBOYS: Good luck to WA's Nick Jooste (Hale School) who will start at flyhalf for the Australian Schoolboys this afternoon against the New Zealand Schoolboys.
    Watch the match live from 3.45pm (AWST) this afternoon at the link below!

LIVE: Australia vs New Zealand - Schools International Tri-Nations 2015
    YOUTUBE.COM

vCash
    It looks like the deal is done.

Brumbies website:

Jooste excite to learn from larkham

Bitter sweet for us, good luck to the kid.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Jooste's signing may have gone to his head-saw the second half of the schools game & he was having a barry crocker

Player
    vCash
    Another promising youngster slips through the gaps ... How did that happen again?? Good luck to him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Another promising youngster slips through the gaps ... How did that happen again?? Good luck to him
    You know what? I'm sick of this rugbyWA mismanagement bullshit every time a WA player signs outside the state. The way I see it, we have got Luke Burton, who is a couple of years older than Jooste and ahead on the pecking order (without having seen the kid, I'd say rightly until Burton proves not to be up to scratch)

Let's assume Burton does make the grade (since any player manager worth his salt will be telling Jooste the worst case scenario) that'll mean he's playing second fiddle for an entire career, waiting for Burton to move on or retire....all that bench time won't do a kids game any favors and hell be past his prime by the time he gets his shot.

Flip to a deal with the Brumbies, they have Too,us and Leiliifano, one is a concussion-prone Wallaby in a world cup year....read that might not last another 4 years and the other seems to be pigeonholed as a 12 more than a 10. Being coached by the best flyhalf the country (and arguably the planet) has seen on a full contract, not an academy gig. I cant see how the Force can match that until they're sure that Burton is the man.....they need somebody there while Jooste learns the ropes, because he won't be ready for regular bench time straight out of school (adding the inevitable proviso that the kid might be Jonah Lomu, that mutha was ready for pro rugby in the womb!)

Can't we just accept that there wasn't room on the roster for him at the current time and try to get him back when there is?

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    You don't have to agree.

The timing is inconvenient for the Force, but talent like his is rare. It is disappointing that we could not find room for him, we will find out in time how big a mistake it was.

I wish we had room in the squad for a couple of the Spirit players to step up into. We seem to have an excess of developing players and not enough established reliable players. But that is what you would expect from a team at the bottom of the ladder.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    While your point is valid cowboy, unlike other super teams we have too few wallabies that hold the team together and open spots on the roster that enable them to carry a few more fringe players, with us our situation is that we have lots of hard grafters and they carry each other, unfortunately we do not have the scope or the depth to add and players like jooste have to look else where, who knows if we can ever get him back as in the past players really have to gravitate towards the Waratahs if they want any chance of a wallaby spot.

That said I love our force and irrespective who makes the roster, dons the jersey I will be 110% behind and realise our board and coaching staff are playing on a very unlevel playing field but like us they do not give up, the soldier on as I will continue to follow do

By the way I have paid my membership for the year and agreed to purchase again next year as I am as committed as all those involved with the force

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    While your point is valid cowboy, unlike other super teams we have too few wallabies that hold the team together and open spots on the roster that enable them to carry a few more fringe players, with us our situation is that we have lots of hard grafters and they carry each other, unfortunately we do not have the scope or the depth to add and players like jooste have to look else where, who knows if we can ever get him back as in the past players really have to gravitate towards the Waratahs if they want any chance of a wallaby spot.

That said I love our force and irrespective who makes the roster, dons the jersey I will be 110% behind and realise our board and coaching staff are playing on a very unlevel playing field but like us they do not give up, the soldier on as I will continue to follow do

By the way I have paid my membership for the year and agreed to purchase again next year as I am as committed as all those involved with the force
    Well said!!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post

I think that this is kind of what I meant. Except the membership renewal part, I know I didn't go there.

In the Force's first year the question was asked "how long until the Force is an all WA team?" at the time my thoughts were that it didn't really matter, as long as we were developing young players and they joined super rugby teams across Australia that the talent would end up where it was needed. A bit like how AFL works. It took time for AFL players to get used to the idea though and the same applies to super rugby players

Maybe Nick Jooste is the sign of that theory, I would like to feel that talent from other states is equally happy to come here. But Adam Coleman is evidence of talent making it's way here. So who knows?

I hope whoever plays No. 10 for us this year guides the boys around well, be it Grant, Burton or Jono Lance.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Even the Brumbies, after so many years in existance, have less home grown players than the Force.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3