Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Force v Reds

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    So was Mozza off side for the last try?

If so, it would make up for Alby's being disallowed by Georgie in the TMO box.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Happy to get the win. Conditions looked pretty tough with pre game showers and high humidity. Not as many handling errors as vs Rebels, played the conditions well with our kicking although still more kicking than i like to see. Coleman another stand out game with his carry numbers increasing this year. Better impact at ruck time with better clean outs from all players.
    Biggest worry though is the percentage we made the gainline. At one point was less than 50%. This means we still didn't achieve enough front foot ball to attack effectively. Also we still lack variety around our strike runners. Too much of just one out runners looking to hit the 3rd-4th defender from rucks. No real interplay to attract the extra defenders to open wide spaces. Need to look to offload around these areas to test the defence.
    Also, with consideration given to the conditions, we still need to find another gear in attack. The overall speed of our attack is worrying. Too much posturing from our 9 around the rucks, looking to organize options instead of shifting the point of attack to create defensive confusion. Was better when Prior came on, looked to flow quite a bit better but still not at a speed that will trouble the better sides.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    FOOTNOTE:
    Compare these numbers with the Force numbers - especially Cowan and Millar. It's Millar's work rate around the park which impresses Foley - not just his work in the scrum (But he needs to improve his tackling efforts). Cowan made more tackles than Holmes and Daley combined.
    Interesting re Millar - WF stats show 68 mins played, 1 x tackle, 1 x carry and 1 x clean out - 6 penalties against...... something is not right with someones assessment and or stats ???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    So was Mozza off side for the last try?
    Not in any way whatsoever. The replay confirmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    If so, it would make up for Alby's being disallowed by Georgie in the TMO box.
    Alby's try was correctly disallowed, we all might have wanted him to ground it, but it was knocked away before he got it down. Unfortunate I know, but them's the breaks

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Happy to get the win. Conditions looked pretty tough with pre game showers and high humidity. Not as many handling errors as vs Rebels, played the conditions well with our kicking although still more kicking than i like to see. Coleman another stand out game with his carry numbers increasing this year. Better impact at ruck time with better clean outs from all players.
    Biggest worry though is the percentage we made the gainline. At one point was less than 50%. This means we still didn't achieve enough front foot ball to attack effectively. Also we still lack variety around our strike runners. Too much of just one out runners looking to hit the 3rd-4th defender from rucks. No real interplay to attract the extra defenders to open wide spaces. Need to look to offload around these areas to test the defence.
    Also, with consideration given to the conditions, we still need to find another gear in attack. The overall speed of our attack is worrying. Too much posturing from our 9 around the rucks, looking to organize options instead of shifting the point of attack to create defensive confusion. Was better when Prior came on, looked to flow quite a bit better but still not at a speed that will trouble the better sides.
    "Too much posturing from our 9" - I agree! Alby has always frustrated me in that regard. At scrum time too - too much waving of arms to marshall the backs instead of getting the ball away quickly.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    Interesting re Millar - WF stats show 68 mins played, 1 x tackle, 1 x carry and 1 x clean out - 6 penalties against...... something is not right with someones assessment and or stats ???
    were the penalties all scrum? can't really complain about them against a prop with so much more experience. was active in the rucks at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I would suspect that the number of tackles expected would be inversely proportional to the number of rucks hit (for the most part)

ie if you're going to shirk the work at the ruck, you'd better be making tackles to counter that!
    Unless you're a Matt Hodgson who is usually 'top of the pops' in both - or in the Front and Back rows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    Available stats to me confirm the low tackles, 1 carry for 32m, 1 Pass and 1 TOW and only 4 Penalties (I think all in Scrums - but could be wrong).
    WF stats don't show his 17 Ruck involvements at a reasonable arrival and impact. Far better than either of the experienced Reds above.

I reckon Foley is not saying that he's ready now but has the potential to make the grade.
    If you were Millar wouldn't you want to hear that from your coach???

vCash
    Some plots regarding Aussie Rucks Involvements from Round 2.

Name:  Rucks 1.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  50.4 KB

Total rucks fairly much the same.

Waratahs effected by Yellow Cards to Skelton and Dennis.

Name:  Rucks 2.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  57.6 KB

Western Force Front Row have stepped up their work rate.

Name:  Rucks 3.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  57.7 KB

Waratahs and Western Force Front Rows showing strong support of ball carriers.

Rebels Backs stepping up to support their ball carriers and cover lack of involvement by Locks..

Name:  Rucks 4.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  48.6 KB

Marked improvement in involvement by WF Front Row.

More involvement by Reds Locks over WF Locks.

Big efforts by Brumbies and Rebels Back Rows on putting pressure on opposition ball carriers.

Waratahs Backs stepping into the fray to to cover Yellow Cards and lack of involvement by Front Row.
    Also countering the effectiveness of the Brumbies' ball carriers.

vCash
    Two stats showing significant improvement over Round 1 efforts by the WF

Name:  Rucks 5.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  32.3 KB

WF as good as it gets. 87% last week.

Name:  Rucks 6.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  29.9 KB

WF nearly halved handling errors from Round 1 (28).

Last edited by andrewg; 08-03-16 at 19:29.

vCash
    All this talk about Mafi and his stats. Would be interesting to see the difference when he played 6 instead of second row. I think most of his damaging runs came when he played 6 last year.

Last edited by Herbasimplex; 08-03-16 at 19:31.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    All this talk about Mafi and his stats. Would be interesting to see the difference when he played 6 instead of second row. I think most of his damaging runs came when he played 6 last year.
    His stats in 2015 whether playing as Lock or No6 are surprisingly similar.

Last year he averaged (per 80 minutes):
    5 tackles at 85% (The lowest number of tackles in Aussie SR at either No 6 or Lock)
    8 carries for 25m - 3m/carry.
    23 Rucks (18A/5D) - 1TOW.
    3 Line Outs.
    1 Penalty.

In his 2 games so far he's averaged:
    14 rucks
    10 carries for 28m (3m/carry)
    4 Tackles/0 missed
    5 Line Outs
    1 Penalty.

He's showing 50% of last year's ruck involvements - Game Plan???

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Thanks Andrew great work as usual!

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Geez peoples are are a bit harsh on Guy. I reckon he'll be a cracker for the force and not very far away from making a real statement either. One thing about the clown he was up against which (no one has failed to highlight) is that most of the time he does a Joe Marler and doesnt pack straight on. The same bloke from memory got threatened with a yellow in the 2nd half last year against us after the ref opened his eyes and saw what he was doing was dangerous and wrong. Wait till the culprit comes up against Sio! We'll see how good the joker goes! Millar stays in my team.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Interesting clip from South Africa Refs about the TMO and the first "try"

In the backgound you can hear Matt Hodgson ask if the Reds player was offside and Angus told him he didnt need his input.

Angus did seem dumbfounded when George told him it was not offside but went with the decision.

http://www.rugbyonslaught.com/2016/0...ight-have.html

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast