Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Hurricanes v Force - Round 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I thought the guys did well to be in there up to 60.
    But, if it give ammo to the Fern brigade, so be it.
    Don't have a lot of problems with the first half, although the Force did struggle at times with the physical side. Ran out of juice at the hour 'Canes took over. Gotta be able to run with these big blokes - defend for long periods, and then have a go. It's already cold and wet, and the Force face some real character tests in the coming weeks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Two more tough games in NZ against the Chiefs and Highlanders and then back at home to the Crusaders. Realistically we could be 1 and 6 and another season will be gone.
    Deja vu.

I feel like Charlie Brown with that football, after Lucy once again promised that this time it would be different.
    11 years - can you believe that, 11 years of this?

Name:  Charlie-Brown-kick-528x396.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  59.7 KB

vCash
    BUGGER
    Just home from a wedding to watch the replay and found the 41:6 scoreline.
    I think I'll leave the replay until tomorrow.
    35 missed tackles (73% success rate)
    Only 39% Possession and 33% Territory in 2nd half!!!
    88% Rucks won.
    Back to 15 Handling Errors.
    Set piece OK (?)
    Hurricanes: 158 runs for 811m - 26 Line Breaks
    Force: 92 runs for 320m - 4 Line Breaks
    Totally worked over in the last 17 minutes.
    Blown away by more than just a strong wind!!

Last edited by andrewg; 19-03-16 at 01:58.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    At least we had our shit together at the start and not down 30 nil before we decided to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Back to 15 Handling Errors.
    on the bright side it wasn't marcel this time.

I'll leave it to you to guess who.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Again questions asked and no answers from the Force. Game plan is ok the players and the coaches just can't execute it.
    What pissed me off was that we won our first few lineouts easily then it went to shit.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    Trying to find a solution within your garbage boof!
    The problem with one year being conservative to then trying to be expansive is that unless it is a natural instinct with the coach and players it will then have to be too structured. All coaching staff are ex forwards so the skill development required is not there. The development coach has never played the game, the future force officer will have no say. So everything is foreign. The best team in the world have three ex backs as coaches and mike cron coaches scrum only! Plus they had an ex afl coach working on skills!
    The force were beaten by a team that moved the ball wide early to spread the defence, then went thru the middle where now there was space then just literally had the force indecisive in defence and tore them apart.
    The force had enough ball to pressure the canes on the scoreboard but kept playing the same way this week as they did week 1. Teams will analyse this easily hence the force then try and play too deep behind gain line - fear!
    Foley and Hodgson have a team with heart but play with fear!
    Thanks for answering my rant and offering up an option to the mess we have. I too believe that we are too structured at times especially at penalty time.Why do we have to keep looking around for someone to make a decision play on quick will also keep the other team going backwards. It also frustrates the shit out of me when the lads get camped down on our 22 in defence for so long only to clear the ball barely past the 22 line to defend again. Just plain dumb and outdated play. I don't mind being beaten when we've had a redhot go and attacked last night in the 2nd half we went back to our old conservative garbage that just doesn't work. Hence no one on the field to have the smarts and back themselves to read the game and change the pattern of the game back in our favour. We have NO KILL instinct.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I didn't notice any "get the ball, kick it away" in that game.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Because a good coach can change things as we have seen in past and recent times and when this happens all you dysfunctional fans can fuck off
    I am fully aware of the benefits of a good coach. My question was why would any established coach want anything to do with the Force? They don't take up positions out of charity and we don't have the cash to win a bidding war for their services.

As for your pathetic attempt to insult me, you can go fuck yourself, you ignorant twat.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Yeah I mentioned the Dockers. Because at some point they realised they needed to blow the whole thing up and start again from scratch after being West Coasts bitch and a laughing stock in the AFL. New coach, new players, new campaign aligning the team to the traditional routes and heritage of South Fremantle and East Fremantle footy clubs. !
    That's true. But after being shafted by the Melbourne-centric (at the time) AFL at their launch - no player concessions relocation subsidies etc; they at least had a salary cap and draught system that allowed them to future plan for success. Compare that to the current AFL policy on legging-up expansion franchises. Then compare that to the recruiting restrictions that the Force have had to operate under since day 1. In addition compare our situation to how the Rabble were launched. Then you can see how effective a blowtorch a approach might be. It's just not that simple. While ever Rugby WA operates under a seemingly unsympathetic Eastern States hierarchy, corrupt contract system and uncooperative RUPA, not much can be realistically changed, IMO.

One area you mentioned that could do with a lot of improvement, if what my unqualified self reads in these pages is right, is the alignment with and support of local grass roots Rugby. Build that bridge and develop a true siege mentality that will generate loyalty rather than antagonism, though that seems pretty ingrained unfortunately. Might even get some hyper-critical Kiwis on board when their home team isn't in town. The situation the Force find themselves in is not totally unique when you look at the history of the Highlanders, Cheetahs and Lions. So there is hope. Just not a lot as things are.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    I didn't notice any "get the ball, kick it away" in that game.
    There was a fair bit of "kick the ball from deep in the 22 directly to one of the best couterattackers in the world"

And I even saw a little "kick the ball infield to a man, but don't chase it"

They were constant companions last year

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    There was a fair bit of "kick the ball from deep in the 22 directly to one of the best couterattackers in the world"

And I even saw a little "kick the ball infield to a man, but don't chase it"

They were constant companions last year
    Agreed gigs! Personally i still think we have the lads who can make the game look good. Just wish some one could teach them or guide them to use some nous or take a risk and see what happens. Just kicking the ball away in a panic is just not positive rugby. Try putting it through some hands and then clearing kick seems to work for most of the top teams. I also think that having some of the lads still playing from the dull times of our playing days is not going to promote the positive game that we need. One thing i was stoked about was the rolling maul in the first half from a ruck worked a treat but only did it once in the game. Cmon boys i know you can do it but every once in a while take a risk on yourselves in attack and cause some grief.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I am fully aware of the benefits of a good coach. My question was why would any established coach want anything to do with the Force? They don't take up positions out of charity and we don't have the cash to win a bidding war for their services.

As for your pathetic attempt to insult me, you can go fuck yourself, you ignorant twat.
    its the only way to fix it
    reading all the comments are desperate people talking shit
    the players have the same fitness should have the same skill level the only thing missing is between there ears
    they emulate there coaches persona which at best is boring who comes across as someone who should be coaching chess which i am a fan of
    There are plenty of rugby tragics that should want the spot example paul roos taking on melbourne with a succession plan to a up and comer more about building the franchise to have supporters like melbourne who would not let there club die or be relocated
    sinderberry should have some sort of personal relationship with Mcqueen from the brumbies
    this bloke would get this franchise back on track within 12 weeks
    you insult yourself with your negative and defeatest attitude towards the problem and the problem is the coaching setup
    as i have said this team is not the best but certainly not the worst and should be in a position to win some scare a few top sides while keeping there fans interested
    if you have problems reading between the lines and taks things personally you should go flatting with foley and nestor

vCash
    My simplistic two bobs worth
    I thought we were doing OK for the first sixty minutes, but our inability to covert within the last 10 yards hurt big time. To me this really changed the whole game – The Force mindset lost its conviction whilst the Highlanders continued their game confident we didn’t have the ability to convert. If even one of those forays had been successful, I think the game could have been much different.
    Some basic tackling and failure to cover our opposition led to many of the Highlander’s tries.
    I don’t think the ref really had much of an influence on the game like it had against the Brumbies.
    Disappointed by some of the handling (DHP’s two high ball fumbles surprised me but he made up for those imo), Almost a return to the mindless kicking gameplan in the second half.

I’ll give them 8/10 for commitment but 4/10 for implementation.

I was feeling quite despondent but then went back and watched the Tahs getting done over by the Highlanders 30-0 for a while..but then the tahs fought back..ahh well made me feel better for a while..

I am looking forward to the game against the Chiefs and believe the Force still have the conviction and ability to make a true contest out of that.. I still have Faith!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    A very good summary of a game which wont be played for 2 weeks,Andrew--hope this is not a prediction--haha

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast