Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Cheifs v Force in NZ...

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    fair enough to get rid of the coach-but at the same time a number of players should go with him!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    My 2 cents worth...... I think the boys need a behind closed doors session were what is said stays in the room.. Some players really need to be told what they doing wrong. Give them a choice pull ya heads in or move on Hodgo puts in every week... Also if the Force are to survive this week everything needs to be put out for the public to see.. We have been managed by Ex Eastern States shit kickers and I think the ARU have had a hand in this.. ( Before Bill Pulvers time ) They did not want the WA team but due to public pressure it had to happen then brought the Rebels into the fold basically straight away. Listening to the fox idiots the Force is gone.. Foley needs to take a good look at his position..

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Agreed. Give some more local NRC players a go, cost less and will probably try harder. Or at least not spit the dummy and give in.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    fair enough to get rid of the coach-but at the same time a number of players should go with him!
    Maybe but he picked or recruited a fair amount. Shows he and his assistants have no idea .
    Let's not forget the development system when these boys get to this level they no idea!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well I suspect this disastrous tour of NZ will be a catalyst for major change - God know's what change, given the franchise has made wholesale changes in the past and we are still at the bottom. I really don't know what the answer is, but two things have to be dealt with - the club is in the toilet financially and with current on-field performance it will only get worse. As much as I dislike the ARU, I suspect them taking over administration is probably the right action - at least that way they may have enough skin in the game to fund it for success (he says hopefully). I also suspect Foley's days are over - not sure who would want to take us on though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    Here we go, and the ref again!
    First job of the loosies especially is to see how the ref is working, if he's letting it go, or being a stickler. Sounds like he was letting it go both ways, didn't see all the match, if the ref is consistent, then fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    Poor hodgo!
    He looked crushed in that post game interview - even the Kiwi interviewer felt sorry for him. And his promises that "we will win soon" sounded so desperate. Poor Hodgo indeed - he does not deserve this. He has given is soul to rugby in WA and I hate that he is hurting so much :-(

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    He looked crushed in that post game interview - even the Kiwi interviewer felt sorry for him. And his promises that "we will win soon" sounded so desperate. Poor Hodgo indeed - he does not deserve this. He has given is soul to rugby in WA and I hate that he is hurting so much :-(
    I thought he was gonna bawl the other week (when he got his head split open). Look on the bright side, after a few more games like this he'll be in such a depression he wont be able to cry.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Disagree a great coach teaches young fellas the hunger required, a great coach teaches better skills, a good coach makes the hard decisions required during the game. We' ve got none of those. Us diehardv members deserve better and so does Hodgo. We don't deserve the trumped up bullshit that gets served up from management and coaching staff. Shit has to be sorted now or this Franchise is unsalvageable. 41 unanswered points and only 3 tries in 3 games what a load of garbage and coachable.
    You can't coach hunger. You either have it or you dont.

Senior Player
    vCash
    You can create hunger if you sheep hook em earlier in the game and no match payment until you show more promise and desire to kill your mother to keep and get the ball. Too many times we had players standing over the ball trying to protect while waiting for alby to get to the ruck! pick the fucken thing up and run with it you never know you might put the opposition on the back foot. Or is this not to the coaches outdated game plan?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Moono74;409318]You can't coach hunger. You either have it or you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Too many times we had players standing over the ball trying to protect while waiting for alby to get to the ruck! pick the fucken thing up and run with it you never know you might put the opposition on the back foot.
    I wish I could "thumbs-up" that comment more than once.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    Didn't say they were. I was just curious cos you'd think they could find a few refs that weren't kiwis!
    There's an Aussie in charge of the Sunwolves vs Bulls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    We actually matched them in the first half, our fitness is rubbish compared to other teams.
    We obviously need to improve a lot in all areas but I am genuinely perplexed at our habit of falling away early in the second half. The team looks and plays like they are at a much lower level of fitness. Just can't believe the conditioning of the players is that bad.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Agreed. Give some more local NRC players a go, cost less and will probably try harder. Or at least not spit the dummy and give in.
    Wrong. We need to have some recognised star quality players that the rugby public and the general public have heard of to generate some excitement back in the brand and get the fans back attending games. Who apart from family and friends is going to turn up to a rugby comp one level below International to watch no names run around. You need to earn your spot to make it at this level. I don't care if your WA born or not. If you aren't good enough you don't play.

Rugby WA and the ARU should go all out to get Ewen McKenzie in as a bloody salvage job to turn things around. Plenty of players would like to play under Link and we know he can coach an exciting brand of football .

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast