Thread: Chiefs v Force - Round 5

vCash

Chiefs v Force - Round 5

Message for Force: Lift skills, cut the errors
    Nick Taylor - The West Australian on March 24, 2016, 12:41 am

Western Force captain Matt Hodgson says players must take responsibility for their mistakes and lift their skill levels as they head into Saturday night’s Super Rugby clash with the Chiefs in Hamilton.
    Their endurance faces another examination in the second of their three-game tour of New Zealand.
    The Force are in a crucial period with only one win in four games and need to re-start their campaign after last Saturday’s 41-6 defeat by the Hurricanes.
    Despite the disappointment of the loss in Palmerston North, Hodgson said the side could return to winning ways.
    “We are obviously disappointed with the way we have let things slip but we can bounce back,” Hodgson said.
    “We’ve had a good review and some solid sessions and we will get better.
    “We have plans to score, we just have to execute them. We have to lift our energy levels and work even harder in that area.
    “You can see how the game plan is working to create opportunities but it is coming down to individual skill errors at crucial times in crucial areas of the field. When we get into those scoring opportunities we have to take them because you may only get one or two chances in a game.
    “We are creating opportunities, the frustrating thing is we are not converting them into points. The options are right. It’s our execution and skill error rate.
    “We have to be harder individually on ourselves to make sure we don’t give the ball away.
    “It is an area of our game we have been working hard on during training.”
    Hodgson said the team had to be smarter at the breakdown and not commit too many players into the ruck. “The Chiefs are like the Hurricanes and will pick certain rucks to compete in,” he said.
    “We have to be smarter about how many people we throw into the breakdown and what we are doing at the breakdown to make sure they have to commit.
    “We have to control the breakdown, look at the numbers we go in with and commit the opposition. At times against the Hurricanes there were too many people in the line and that was down to how we were playing.”
    Chiefs prop Pauliasi Manu is out for the season after tearing his Achilles at training in Hamilton yesterday. The 28-year-old was preparing for his 50th match. Atu Moli appears likely to come on to the bench.
    But captain Sam Cane will lead the Chiefs after he was cleared of a dangerous tackle that forced Jaguars prop Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro from the field last week in Argentina.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...t-lift-skills/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Another weekend of rugby, cannot wait.

We look like we are a work in progress this season and it will be good to see what happens this week.

Irrespective of the score line, if we show a lot more of what is mentioned in the article I will be happy.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Well thats me done.were is the open attacking rugby.Get a coach in that can coach it.Going side to side cant see any 3 man plays or attacking shape and players that can bend the line.Ive read numerious times dhp is in wallaby contention , give me a break he wouldnt know how to hit a hole at pace or set up his outsides.In d there tackling is passive and teams get across gain line with ease.Thats me done until they get a coaching group that can coach attacking shapes and instill some believe
    DO THE RIGHT THING FOLEY AND YOUR BELOW AVERAGE COACHING GROUP AND LEAVE.
    I will not watch another force game again changes at the top have been made

Last edited by Bally; 26-03-16 at 16:32.

vCash
    Apologies as I can't find the other NZ/Chiefs thread.

Brumbies 23:48 Chiefs - 2 April 2016

Today's result in Canberra put the Western Forces efforts against the Chiefs into some sort of perspective.

The Brumbies run-on XV had 5 Wallabies who played in the 2015 RWC Final, 6 other Wallabies from the 2015 RWC Squad, 1 other recent Wallaby and 1 Test experienced player from Argentina; 12 test players out of 15 (plus another RWC squad member on the bench). (429 Total Tests)
    AND THE BRUMBIES WERE PLAYING AT HOME.

The Brumbies were down 13:20 at Half-Time.

The Chiefs outscored them by 18 points in the 2nd half.

The Brumbies were within 6 points at the 61 minutes.
    The Brumbies didn't score after the 61 minute mark - the Chiefs scored 19 points.

Small recap from last week.

At Half-time the score was Chiefs 12:10 Force (pretty good effort).

At 46 minutes the score was Chiefs 19:10 Force (still a good effort and within reach).

Cottrell got his YC at 55 minutes.

The Chiefs scored 17 un-answered points while Cottrell was in the bin.

Q. How many points do you think the Chiefs would have scored against Brumbies today if the Brumbies were playing with 14 men? The reality is that we'll never know......

Once back to 15 men the Force held the Chiefs scoreless until the 72 minute mark.
    The Chiefs then scored 3 more tries (18 Points).

In case you forgot.....

The Force had the following Test experience in it's XXXIII against the Chiefs:

+ I member of the Wallabies RWC squad (47 Tests - who started the Final on the bench - as he did for the Force as yet to get match fit after Japan)
    + 3 Players with Wallabies experience (23 Tests between) + an All Black (4 tests) + Springbok (5 tests) in the run-on XV.
    +1 Wallabies player (4 Tests) + Tongan (17 Tests on the bench). (100 Total Tests)

It's always good to get a bit of perspective.

But then again without that perspective I s'pose I should simply call upon the sacking of Steve Larkham for the total capitulation by the Brumbies - currently the best performing Australian team - in the last 20 minutes. What a National disgrace!!!!

But then again - perhaps not.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 03-04-16 at 09:08.

vCash
    Andrewg thanks for putting into words exactly what I was saying during the game. Much to Mrs Snobs annoyance!
    This isn't for you AG but I would love to see the percentage of offloads the NZ teams complete to the number Au's attempt!
    It feels like we manage 1/10 but the Kiwis manage 9/10.
    At the current rate I have a horrible feeling that we may get one team to the finals and that may well be because they are top of the conference. A few Kiwi teams may be ahead of us and lose out and I must say that, even as an Au supporter won't sit well!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Love your work Andrew.

Can you provide some similar perspective for our game vs the Landers vs the rebels-landers.

Unfortunately nothing can atone for the canes game or the rebels game.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    Well thats me done.were is the open attacking rugby.Get a coach in that can coach it.Going side to side cant see any 3 man plays or attacking shape and players that can bend the line.Ive read numerious times dhp is in wallaby contention , give me a break he wouldnt know how to hit a hole at pace or set up his outsides.In d there tackling is passive and teams get across gain line with ease.Thats me done until they get a coaching group that can coach attacking shapes and instill some believe
    DO THE RIGHT THING FOLEY AND YOUR BELOW AVERAGE COACHING GROUP AND LEAVE.
    I will not watch another force game again changes at the top have been made
    Travelling Gerry knows how to coach anything you want!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Andrewg thanks for putting into words exactly what I was saying during the game. Much to Mrs Snobs annoyance!
    We need to ensure that our wives never meet!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    Travelling Gerry knows how to coach anything you want!
    Nah, thats Sevenmile, taught Tom Fearn everything he knows.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Yawn!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Spot on tg fearn only ran through my Chanel once and never came back again certainly helped with his passing both ways as he always had a good kick

vCash
    Puts our performance against them in a slightly better light.

There is financial mismanagement at the club. Have required ARU intervention previously. Management is eating itself. Not enough ACT products coming through. Relying on players developed elsewhere which is making the other franchises weak. For the good of Australian Rugby Brumbies should be wound up. Waiting for those articles to appear.......or maybe they just hate the force.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I find it all quite interesting. The Brumbies only got 13k to the Chiefs game despite being Australia's best (only) performing team. We got 16k last time we played the Chiefs.

You have to wonder- what would it take to get Brumbies crowds to match their performances? Is it ever going to happen? They seem to only have stayed in the black with a dodgy real estate deal. Perhaps it would be better to move them to Western Sydney.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Pocock cited, attacking a players neck, ironic