Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

vCash
    It was pretty inevitable and a required first step, if only to appease the membership, however it won't be enough. We need some amazing signatures before too long

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Well for what it's worth..rain or shine I will renew.. I cannot imagine life without my rugby membership.
    I have read most of the posts and frankly I feel a tad sick.. I agree we as loyal fans and members, need more dialogue as to what is going on. I am fed up with "he said they said"... time for a truthful update from those at RugbyWA.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    It was pretty inevitable and a required first step, if only to appease the membership, however it won't be enough. We need some amazing signatures before too long
    If Foley is not coaching they need to get a new coach in place asap to assist in getting any new signatures. I would hope that coming to the force will be more enticing to prospective players without Foley. But Rugby WA has not even acknowledged the article in the Telegraph, but surely the whole coaching set-up needs to be addressed as the assistants and strength and conditioning coaches have also failed in the past 2 years.
    Won't hold my breath in waiting for Rugby WA to actually do something let alone tell us loyal supporters of 11 years due to past experiences.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    but surely the whole coaching set-up needs to be addressed as the assistants and strength and conditioning coaches have also failed in the past 2 years
    That right there is the key reason giving Foley the DCM was never going to work. We can only hope rugby WA has the cash available to attract a coach of sufficient quality

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post

Foley has won just 31 per cent of his 55 matches in charge of the Western Force.[/URL]
    So Michael Foley has won 17/55 - 31% having taken on Squad after it was a basket case after Richard Graham's time.

John Mitchell was given 5 years with better squads of players yet only achieved 24/65 - 37%.

I don't reckon that anybody is recognising the mess that Foley inherited nor how much his hands have been tied by the organisational disfunction and lack of sponsorship/funding.

Some times "you just don't know what you've got 'til it's gone!"

Have we been told anything about the brave new world for the Force and RugbyWA under more ARU input?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    they paved paradise and put up a parking lot?

Have we been told anything about the brave new world for the Force and RugbyWA under more ARU input?
    As many others have so eloquently put it "We ain't been told shit!"

vCash
    I don't reckon that anybody is recognising the mess that Foley inherited
    He HAS had cotrol over team makeup for a significant amount of time now. You raise a good point about the organisational dysfunction, and Foley is certainly a victim of that, but a good coach will get a team up for every match regardless of who he has and how badly they've been stuffed around by the organisation.

For me, Foley being axed is a token, it will get the media heat off the Force a bit, and they are at least demonstrating some level of commitment to getting results.

and no, I don't think that sacking Foley is the golden bullet, there is a mountain of restructure required.

C'mon the

vCash
    So Michael Foley has won 17/55 - 31% having taken on Squad after it was a basket case after Richard Graham's time.

John Mitchell was given 5 years with better squads of players yet only achieved 24/65 - 37%.

I don't reckon that anybody is recognising the mess that Foley inherited nor how much his hands have been tied by the organisational disfunction and lack of sponsorship/funding.

I do think we need to look both at how much of a basket case it was before Foley took on the role. We do need a full review but one of the questions is how much the ARU are controlling things. Ticketing... well let's face it.. it couldn't get much worse! Marketing, I'm not so sure about. I really thing there needs to be someone locally to be part of the leadership team.

The other critical bit is keeping the right players and getting rid of the ones that aren't performing. I think our WA born player strategy is working well as is some of the South African imports. Jono Lance is critical to keep and I think should be our next captain. In such a short time he has been amazing. He doesn't shirk hard work, puts the time in twit the fans and leads from the front. He would be an excellent replacement for Hodgo when he retires. I have huge admiration for him manning the club Facebook page after the match the other week. That would not have been easy with all the stuff being posted by disappointed fans!

Sinderbury was very responsive to the local fans and they are continuing to try and make the game day experience a good one. It is however a difficult thing to do when the team is playing badly. What has happened to Ben Tapuai?? He looked good and he's not even in the squad. Is it my imagination or has the fan communication gone backwards since the ARU became involved???

AND BRING BACK THE BADGER!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by WF2404; 06-05-16 at 13:27.

Apprentice
    vCash
    So again we have to hear about wots goin'on from leaked information from newspapers from the East Coast.
    Obviously this is the ARU and Sinderpuppet's work coz that's how the ARU role over there.
    There's more intentional leaks from ARU HQ than from Tony Abbott's cabinet meetings.

andrewg's got a point coz Foley inherited a real cluster and it takes time to rebuild.
    From what I hear Graham and Styles raped and pillaged and left scorpions in cupboards and booby traps before they left.

Some more background.
    Got on the slops last night with a South African mate who was close to many of the South Africans who played for a short time with the Force.

Do you remember when the new links to SA was goin' to be the way of movinfwd for the Force?

It seems that Force HQ (and ALL of this was under Sinderpuppet's control) decided to do all of the Visa arrangements themselves rather than use a professional service provider while they learned the ropes. Just to save some dollars.
    They stuffed up almost every one. I'd forgotten that Franc van Wyk had to go back home last year to sort out his visa.

Willem Steinkamp went home totally pissed off coz he wanted his new kid to be born in Australia and have Aussie options in the future but even that was stuffed up.

If this is an example of how the ARU's man Sinderpuppet can fix things up then I won't be holdin' me breath.

I think that with the ever increasing quotas being put in place for blacks in the SA SR and Test team that Perth CAN be a very happy home for many young SA players. We should be getting heaps of them over on 2 year work visias, provide a boost for local rugby in the hope that they can make their name in the Force. Seems smart to me.

Can't support bringin' the HBadge back. Offered nothin' last year and has looked rubbish playing in the 7s. Was it just 1 try early in the season.

Taps obviously hasn't been playin' the game plan, makin' few m, runnin' no support. So he's been disciplined.
    You guys are a hard mob. One minute Foley's too soft and then when he gives bloke a kick up the bum you start bitchin'.
    Foley has always said that he'll reward effort commitment and performance.
    Clearly some of the little favourite darlins just don't put in.
    Watching some of them around club land they do appear to think that they'd made it just by being picked in the Force squad.

Last edited by MovinFwd; 06-05-16 at 13:55.

Red Carded
    vCash
    there has been changes all over the organisation in key positions over there 10 plus years the only thing that hasnt changed dramatically are the cling ons on the board
    the base that make these decisions are still there covering there ass
    they are in fact identical to the 'parramatta board that just cant see the destruction they have caused and continue to create destroying people lives and reputations along the way

vCash
    He HAS had control over team makeup for a significant amount of time now.
    and no, I don't think that sacking Foley is the golden bullet, there is a mountain of restructure required.
    I'd like to know more of just how much control that Michael Foley has actually had.

I understand that Foley makes recommendations to the CEO but ALL contract negotiations are done by Sinderberry.
    That's how it was explained at the initial meetings when they were both new. Or was it one of the fan days? I can't remember.
    Both have undoubtedly been hamstrung due to lack of funds.

vCash

So when you add in Foley's 4/16 at the Waratahs in 2011 his overall record as head coach becomes 21/71 or a win percentage of 29%.

With numbers like that across a 5 year coaching career it's going to be hard to mount a case for Foley to remain in charge of the Force.

vCash
    You raise a good point about the organisational dysfunction, and Foley is certainly a victim of that, but a good coach will get a team up for every match regardless of who he has and how badly they've been stuffed around by the organisation.
    Meant to cover this in my original reply with some smart cut and pasting but failed.

Isn't that exactly what Michael Foley did in the first season? When the team outperformed all expectations.
    But after that year we quite surprisingly lost players that many thought we should keep. With no explanations.
    But we don't know is how other problems, many associated with the shortages of sponsorship and other income, have effected the team.

Look how quickly the wheels have fallen off the Brumbies over their CEO/Board issues and even Larkham's competency is being questioned.

If only part of what MovinFwd's been talking about is true then it's just proof that a fish rots from the head. Has the CEO been an ARU man all along? Was that part of the plan to gain control? I don't know.

How much support has Michael Foley really had from the organisation, his CEO and the Board?

We need to remember that Foley is only responsible for the Western Force not the whole RugbyWA interface - that's through the CEO and other officers. Sinderberry calls the shots in all of these aspects including the interface with clubs.

Foley has the call re player health, fitness and preparation management.
    He must have been doing something right in the first year.
    There has to be a lot more to this saga.

vCash
    Didn't the ARU have a hand in getting the Force to promote RG to coach? Maybe they've been the puppeteer for longer than we think!

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast