Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

Senior Player
    vCash
    From what I understand we were waiting for the winner to get back...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    + What new sponsors have come on board? What happened to the wrist watch sponsor (Haigh & Hastings)? That looked like a winner.

PS. Did I miss the TWF Player Awards night for 2015?
    Matty Hodgson only has two wrists

Yes you missed it like everyone else. a) Big Dog the winner went from RWC to Japan and straight back to Super Rugby. b) new staff at HQ, promises made, never kept.

It was a shame to lose good people from HQ last year like Nick Smith (Media) & Darryl Regan (Memberships)

Double header this year

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Andrewg, I spoke with Simon the CEO of Haigh and Hastings and he said they were getting nothing out of the Force deal and were looking at other codes! Hence Dockers and a Mungo team over east. Bloody shame that a WA company has to go over there.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I agree TIF that a lot of very good people have been lost. Nick and Elise were fantastic assets to the organisation and I am so sorry they are no longer there. Mary too (even though she was a bit fearsome!). Is Maryanne (the CFO) gone too? The lady who came up with the "Belong" campaign was a huge loss too (can't remember her name, sadly).

I think the ARU "take over" of the admin functions is a massive shame.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    For what it's worth.. I sent an email yesterday to RugbyWA candidly written by Exile.. (I received his permission before doing so ...) Within say 30 mins I received a phone call from RugbyWA advising that they will send me news of current discussions etc, that I will be able to put on here.. I was asked to give them a couple of hours.. So far nothing has been received. If and when I do I will let you know...

I have contacted Foles to see if I can attend the Captain's Run on Friday and he replied that he will get "Crangie" to organise it.. Anyone know who "Crangie" is?

Senior Player
    vCash
    probably Adam Crane the team manager "Craney" I am guessing
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/staf...sional%20Rugby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dear xxxxxx

I want to update you on the various issues you may have read concerning RugbyWA and the Western Force over the past few months.

It is no secret that our financial position has been under pressure for some time, seven years of losses, on-going team performance issues and the challenges we all face with the WA economy has brought the matter to a head.

Over the years all of you have supported us and without that support this moment may have come a lot sooner. It is clear that the Western Force has some of the most loyal fans in Australian rugby.

In our discussions with Bill Pulver, CEO of Australian Rugby, it is clear that the ARU, as much as the WA Rugby community, all want the same outcome;

1. For the Western Force to be based in Perth,
    2. to be a competitive team and
    3. for rugby to continue to grow in Western Australia.

To that end the ARU are prepared to support the Western Force for the foreseeable future through an alliance which guarantees our position in WA going forward. The model we are developing will serve all of rugby and look to improve the long term competitiveness of our team.

Over the next few weeks I look forward to sharing with you our new structure and plans to continue to grow rugby participation and talent in WA.

Thank you for your ongoing support and I look forward to seeing you at the game this Saturday evening.

Mark Sinderberry
    CEO, Western Force

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    I'm lookin fwd to the NEXT letter from Sinderpuppet.

An interesting development in the Brumbies saga from the SMH.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/br...13-gouoxi.html

It includes the following comment--

"The Brumbies board opted to appoint ARU integrity manager Phil Thomson as Jones' temporary replacement while they start a search for a permanent successor.
    It's believed the Brumbies board will engage a third party agency to help recruit a new chief executive.
    The announcement of Thomson's appointment prompted fears in Canberra rugby circles that the ARU was plotting a take over of the capital's Super Rugby team.
    Thomson allayed fears by saying he was now a Brumbies employee, but the ARU is keen to pursue its vision for a centralised model where it controls all of Australia's Super Rugby franchises."

Interesting.

vCash
    Not much more could have been said at this stage, and I thank Mark for responding to concerns from the fans and while not saying anything new he has at least acknowledged we are out here.

I know it is hard for us fans that have stuck with this franchise since the rally in 2006 to feel that we are not part of the inner sanctum that makes a huge strategical plan and then tries to roll it out, however anyone who has worked in a company of relative size will know that the inner dealings and restructures cannot be shared with all until it is finalized and implementation about to start. It is probably difficult enough for them as a small group finding consensus on the best way forward, never mind adding a further few thousand into the debate.

I would like to thank Exile for starting this ball rolling, Hertryk for taking to Rugby WA and Rugby WA for responding to it and also realising the message had to go out to all members.

The important comments in his message are based in Perth, competitive and continue to grow local talent.

12 years ago we had no rugby at provisional level, today we at least still have our foot in the door, lets keep the faith and try and open that door bit by bit going forward.

The fact that foundation players like Matt and Pek continue to commit to the cause gives me renewed hope that my kids and hopefully their kids will have the privilege of watching this great game and the players that have played and will play for us and against us over the years.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Tazzmania; 18-05-16 at 06:35.
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I don't think he can tell us any more at this stage. I applaud him for taking the time to communicate with us. He is doing the best he possibly can by us and we should redouble our efforts to get behind him and the rest of the RugbyWA board 110%!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Andrewg, I spoke with Simon the CEO of Haigh and Hastings and he said they were getting nothing out of the Force deal and were looking at other codes! Hence Dockers and a Mungo team over east. Bloody shame that a WA company has to go over there.
    Well I had never heard of the company before and I'm sure I'm not the only one of the people that attend the games so they have got something out of it!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10