Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: ARU Responds to luminaries letter with stakeholders summit

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I spoke he's flying Jetstar, no wonder they need the ARU to reinstate the funding model, if things don't change soon they'll have to start looking for alternatives to the Russian caviar.

Does anybody know if Serbian caviar is bearable?
    Oochin harosho

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Oochin harosho
    No need to get upset about it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2404 View Post
    J

Ironically, the letter — intended for ARU chairman Cameron Clyne and members of his board — has not yet been formally lodged but the ARU was made aware on Monday that it was being circulated among rugby greats seeking their support.
    So far, former Wallabies coaches Bob Dwyer and Alan Jones have signed it, so too Nick Farr-Jones, Simon Poidevin, Peter Grigg, Anthony Herbert, Mark McBain, Barry Honan, John Ballesty, Peter Falk, Brett Papworth and at least two dozen other former Wallabies.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...e46f5cb63a5d14
    What does this article on Rugby Heaven now do for Mr Farr Jones credibility regarding funding.....

Rugby Heaven: Ex Wallaby Farr Jones caught up in loan controversy

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Not a lot. But it gives the ARU better ammo then "pissing it up the wall". As does the NSWRU quietly parking it at the bottom of the harbour next to the ground hire fees for over a year.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Not a lot. But it gives the ARU better ammo then "pissing it up the wall". As does the NSWRU quietly parking it at the bottom of the harbour next to the ground hire fees for over a year.
    I would thing that giving an undocumented and unsecured 50,000 dollar loan to a bloke who is under such "severe financial stress" that he can't make his house payment would have been written somewhere in the definition of "pissing it up the wall"

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Well neither of them had $50k in readies. And NF-J, with only a career in accountancy and banking wouldn't have a clue how to draw up a loan guarantee document that the three of them could have signed.

Champion
    vCash
    http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/11...ic-plan-review

The ARU has committed to a review of its strategic plan, after a meeting with representatives from across the game on Tuesday.

The meeting, which went for much of Tuesday afternoon, was the culmination of months of public discussion around the ARU’s commitments to grassroots rugby, with a letter recently penned to the ARU board by a number of high-profile former Wallabies players and coaches about the issue.

ARU chairman Cameron Clyne and former Wallaby Simon Poidevin who submitted the letter to the ARU board, chaired the meeting and the governing body agreed to examine its policies across the plan, which was initially created with input from groups across rugby.

The pair was joined by members of the rugby community at all levels, including ex-Wallaby Brett Papworth, who has been a vocal critic of the ARU’s community contribution.

Clyne said he was pleased with the outcome of the conversations on Tuesday.

Champion
    vCash
    As most of us expected, this petered out to be nothing more than a glorified circle jerk.

vCash
    Not sure that an agreement to review the strategic plan is 'nothing'. The "luminaries" will clearly expect the review to result in the changes that THEY want. I was hoping that the ARU would stand up to them, but it doesn't sound like they have. #eunuchs

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Not much detail -as expected. Might tune into 2sm tomorrow and see if Pappy is seething or satisfied.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Not sure that an agreement to review the strategic plan is 'nothing'. The "luminaries" will clearly expect the review to result in the changes that THEY want. I was hoping that the ARU would stand up to them, but it doesn't sound like they have. #eunuchs
    The ARU would be reviewing their plan anyway as part of normal corporate governance procedures. The ARU would also adjust their plans and strategies as necessary as part of normal corporate governance. The tone of the article suggests to me that they all agreed that a yearly review of of strategic planning is necessary. Im saying any governing or corporate board would be doing that anyway. No organization worth their salt would not have a strategic plan for growth open to review and self assessment. Sounds like the ARU brushed them off rather cunningly.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I would think there would have been a few red faces at the meeting... I am sure the news of the last few days would have made the pitch for more money for grass roots rugby in NSW has been harmed.. Its a sad state of affairs for the local clubs who have been battleing and been told the well in dry for you but not me mates..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    I would think there would have been a few red faces at the meeting....
    If people don't have time to hear Papworth's take on that meeting on air today, a listen to the interview posted on The Man's Papworth thread is worth a go.

Rookie
    vCash
    The truth behind the ARU meeting:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/the...ing-the-truth/

vCash
    Thanks Reg.

What a nest of poisonous, self-interested vipers. No wonder our game is going down the tubes.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast