Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Force v Lions, 2017

vCash
    Force hit an inpenetrable grey defensive wall at 20m all night

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Even at 15-17 there was not the slightest chance...the slighrest inference...the Force could win

vCash
    Last two home games are rebels and tahs, if we lose them, I'm afraid well deserve the chop

Jags away might be doable, but it's on the wrong side of the road trip from hell

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Great effort but sick of brave losses as well! Still love the Force

vCash
    Doesnt matter, tbey wont be allowed to win

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    A contrived result

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm just going to say that I'm sick of brave losses.
    Ditto. I usually don' like to vent straight after the game before I cool down. I've walked out disappointed many times before. This time I'm just bloody angry. Maybe I'll change my mind if I can stomach a replay. But, forget the ref or any other reasons outside our control. 8 minutes to go. 2 points in it. Attacking inside the Lions half. Jono Lance grubbers to touch under no pressure. I'm sorry, he's too conservative. Back to Pindan Premier Grade. If Ruru is fit I'd go with him, Prior, Burton and Grant. That game, as much as the Tahs one was ours to win. FFS!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    With 15 minutes to go, I was genuinely confident we'd create a scoring opportunity and win.

Just about every time we got into the Lions 22 we came away with some points. Not what i'm use to, but keeping score board pressure as they say. For the 2nd week in a row, our defensive pressure reduced a good team to scrappy and disorganised..

Pissed off about the loss..
    But the Thai beef salad from the food van behind the northern video screen was a surprising win..

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Senior Player
    vCash
    After two narrow-but-no-bonus-point-losses, I am actually bit happier with tonight's effort, given the huge injury toll. I thought that we did a lot to shift the momentum at times in the game. The Lions came expecting an easy bonus point win. They got the bonus point in the end, and hats off for the gut to take the after hooter scrum, but we rattled them alright.

I though that at about the 52nd minute mark, we really started to believe we could win. There was more venom in our tackles and our rush defence, and the Lions were pressured into making errors. A couple of minutes later I said to my mate next to me, the next side to score will win. Unfortunately that was the Lions...

I think a few little decision-making errors cost us. When we needed to go through the hands, we went to the cut out pass when we had numbers and an overlap. When we needed to recycle in the ruck and go again, we kicked. I am sorry, but I am not a great fan of Prior... his kicks were not that great from the base, but of course his place kicking kept us in the game.

Some of those poor decisions allowed the Lions to relieve pressure. I am tempted to say that "we will learn and be better for it..." but (1) I have been saying that for years, and the young guns in our team have simply gone on to play their best rugby in greener pastures (Drew Mitchell, Digby Ioane, Pocock, even Brock James, etc etc) and of course (2) we will probably not be around anyway.

Still, I thought some of the newbies did really well.

How I wanted to win this one though.....

As a post script, where I am sitting, high up in Gold, due to the attrition in membership, most of the seats go on sale. Last week and this was a contrast in the extreme. Last week we were surrounded by Kiwi supporters. The banter was cheeky but friendly, and the knowledge of the game unsurpassed. This week we were surrounded by Lions fans. I have not seen or heard a more one-eyed, loud, opinionated bunch of fans ever, no humour, just fanatic rage, and a self righteous belief that they should win.

As I said, I would have really loved to win this one, especially to have been able able to stick it up them.... And it's one of the reasons I could not turn my back on the Wallabies, even if the Force are dumped, at future tests in Perth....

Amen

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Ditto. I usually don' like to vent straight after the game before I cool down. I've walked out disappointed many times before. This time I'm just bloody angry. Maybe I'll change my mind if I can stomach a replay. But, forget the ref or any other reasons outside our control. 8 minutes to go. 2 points in it. Attacking inside the Lions half. Jono Lance grubbers to touch under no pressure. I'm sorry, he's too conservative. Back to Pindan Premier Grade. If Ruru is fit I'd go with him, Prior, Burton and Grant. That game, as much as the Tahs one was ours to win. FFS!
    I dont disagree with what youre saying shasta, however as stared above perhaps the boys and Lance in particular knew the only way past the 22 was a lucky bounce from a grubber. Otherwise any tackle was auromatic holding the ball penalty against

vCash
    Feeling pretty gutted at the moment. I'll watch the recording tomorrow and see how I feel about it then

Player
    vCash
    Wessels on field after the game was not a happy man. He pointed the finger firmly at the last 20 mins and crap decisions.

I agree. Burton was obviously new and had trouble but we kept going and stayed with the lions. Jono comes on and the attack changes completely and we looked dominating, but then a shit decision is made, from anyone in the team, and the pressure is gone. Wessels can see it, hope he can change it.

Lastly, and I hate saying it, but hodgo as Captain needs to stop being so conservative. First penalty no worries, direct in front, but others should have been kicks for the line. We did it early this year when others were Captain and it paid off, sometimes it didn't but we showed intent.

Player
    vCash
    The team needs a massive injection of testosterone. Guys need to believe in their ability and bring it on field and be arrogant. No one in the team believes they can be the best player in Super Rugby at their position. Enough with being the nice guys, be hard and nut out the win boys!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    The ghost of so, so many games past. So f***ing irritating.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    You guys understand the reason we are where we are is this non supporting bullshit. We played the team who made the grand final last year, run them to the death with about 10 players out injured and a decade of little financial support from our governing board. Oh yeah, let's just whinge instead of getting behind our boys who have their lives being turned topsy turvy. Have some god damn gumption.

14 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast