Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbitration hearing - Western Force v ARU - 31.07.2017

Player
    vCash
    What sort of assistance can the Vic government provide? It's not like they can give Cox cash on the side and say VRU bought it for a dollar.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Likely just the already made threats to event funding and future Rugby centre. But stated no financial input.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    The Victorian Government are bluffing. They live huge sprinting events and will bid for them anyway. If they don't it's not like there won't be other candidates trying to bid for the events.

Champion
    vCash
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...36dea997b9b6ae

But the ownership change — which has the ​backing of the Victorian government — was questioned by the ARU, who have to sign off on any such transfer.

The ARU said in a statement they were not informed of the ownership change.

“The Australian Rugby Union (ARU) has tonight received confirmation from a third party that ownership of the Melbourne Rebels had transferred from Imperium Group to the Victorian Rugby Union (VRU),” the statement said.

“The Melbourne Rebels have an obligation under their Participation Deed to inform ARU of any change of ownership. To date, ARU has received no such communication from the Melbourne Rebels despite recent attempts to confirm their position. ARU is urgently seeking to confirm the terms on which this transfer occurred.”

How the change of ownership changes the Super Rugby downsizing saga remains to be seen but Cox’s departure would significantly reduce the chance of the Rebels being cut.

The ARU and Rugby WA engaged in arbitration hearing this week over the governing body’s legal right to cut the Western Force from the competition next year. A decision is expected next week.

If Rugby WA win, the Rebels would no doubt come back into the reckoning as a possibility to be shut down.

But given Cox and Imperium have now transferred their shareholding to the VRU, the ARU can no longer enter any negotiation to buy back the Rebels licence with the private owners.

Whether the Imperium-VRU transfer requires ARU approval to be binding is another question, however, It is believed Victorian rugby advice is that the ARU can’t withhold their approval unreasonably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    The Victorian Government are bluffing. They live huge sprinting events and will bid for them anyway. If they don't it's not like there won't be other candidates trying to bid for the events.
    Plus - Melbourne is established for sports as well. Events will go back there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...36dea997b9b6ae

But the ownership change — which has the ​backing of the Victorian government — was questioned by the ARU, who have to sign off on any such transfer.

The ARU said in a statement they were not informed of the ownership change.

“The Australian Rugby Union (ARU) has tonight received confirmation from a third party that ownership of the Melbourne Rebels had transferred from Imperium Group to the Victorian Rugby Union (VRU),” the statement said.

“The Melbourne Rebels have an obligation under their Participation Deed to inform ARU of any change of ownership. To date, ARU has received no such communication from the Melbourne Rebels despite recent attempts to confirm their position. ARU is urgently seeking to confirm the terms on which this transfer occurred.”

How the change of ownership changes the Super Rugby downsizing saga remains to be seen but Cox’s departure would significantly reduce the chance of the Rebels being cut.

The ARU and Rugby WA engaged in arbitration hearing this week over the governing body’s legal right to cut the Western Force from the competition next year. A decision is expected next week.

If Rugby WA win, the Rebels would no doubt come back into the reckoning as a possibility to be shut down.

But given Cox and Imperium have now transferred their shareholding to the VRU, the ARU can no longer enter any negotiation to buy back the Rebels licence with the private owners.

Whether the Imperium-VRU transfer requires ARU approval to be binding is another question, however, It is believed Victorian rugby advice is that the ARU can’t withhold their approval unreasonably.
    More contract law fumbling by the current ARU board and executive. Do they even know the contents of anything they've signed in the last 5 years?

C'mon the

vCash
    I just saw some white folks head into a centrelink office in suits.. I thought they were government officials but when I looked closer I recognized them from photos on the ARU web site l.. Looks like they won't getting new contracts with any company soon..

Who would elect these guys onto a board ever again.. Unless you want to avoid the tax office and run a company into the ground.. I use to have great respect for John Eales as a great player and leader but over what is going on now I just lost all respect..

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    I just saw some white folks head into a centrelink office in suits.. I thought they were government officials but when I looked closer I recognized them from photos on the ARU web site
    Bullshit, I don't believe there is a centrelink office east of Centennial Park.

C'mon the

vCash
    Don't beat me up Shasta, I'm not ashamed to admit I had to Google maps to come up with a credible place name to use in that joke.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Don't beat me up Shasta, I'm not ashamed to admit I had to Google maps to come up with a credible place name to use in that joke.

Next time just Google Eastwood.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    And what exactly is the difference between a contract called an Alliance Agreement and a contract called a Participation Agreement... If the change in the number of teams in South Africa voids the Alliance Agreement then surely it must void the Participation Agreement... Typical ARU... We have a contract and we expect you Melbourne Rebels to abide to the letter of that contract.... Oh Western Force you have a contract as well but you can't possibly expect us, the ARU to abide by that contract. Bah Idiotic...

Champion
    vCash
    https://melbournerebels.com/2017/08/...ship-takeover/

The future of the Melbourne Rebels has been secured after Imperium Sports Management, led by managing director Andrew Cox, transferred its ownership in the Melbourne Rebels to the Victorian Rugby Union (VRU), effective immediately.

“It’s exciting for the Melbourne Rebels and local rugby that, with the VRU, we’ve been able to secure the future of the Super Rugby club,” Cox said.

“Importantly this will strengthen the player pathway for aspiring talented Victorian players. We acknowledge the work of Tim North, President of the VRU and the VRU Board.

“After two rewarding, productive, and at times challenging seasons, Imperium Sports Management is pleased to hand over control of the Melbourne Rebels to ensure their future is in the hands of the Victorian Rugby community. We are pleased that this secures the future of the Melbourne Rebels in Melbourne.

“Peter and I would like to take the opportunity to publicly acknowledge and thank the club’s Advisory Board which was chaired by Jonathan Ling, and included Gary Wingrove, Bob Dalziel, Lyndsey Cattermole, Peter Butler, Steve Castledine, Michele Williams, Gavin Coote and Rod Lamplugh, and the Imperium staff for their support, professionalism, hard work over the duration of Imperium’s ownership.

“The team at Imperium will remain passionate Rebels fans and we look forward to celebrating much success in the future.”

Imperium Sports Management assumed control of the Melbourne Rebels on 1 July 2015 and immediately brought much-needed stability to the club creating a high-performance environment on and off the field.

The foundations for an exciting future were laid when in 2016 the Melbourne Rebels relocated to new world-class administration and training facilities at AAMI Park in the city’s premier sporting precinct.

Under the leadership of Imperium, the re-energised Melbourne Rebels, debuted four home-grown players, nearly doubled membership to over 10,000, extended community engagement with the Road to Rebels program and brought on a significant number of new sponsors and commercial partners.

The Melbourne Rebels look forward to making some additional exciting announcements regarding 2018 and beyond in due course.

No mention on who or how they are going to fund the Rebels going forward.

vCash
    Wow! that press release has so much spin it could be used to navigate spaceships.

I would still like a lawyer to explain to me how breach of contract secures the Rebels' future.

The only way I can see that statement making sense is if the ARU press releases suggesting that the Rebels can't transfer ownership without permission is based upon them not having a clue what their contracts say.

oooooohhhh, I get it now!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    What if the ARU have ratified the VRU deal secretly as they see it as a way to screw the Force and make it easier to cut the Force?

Yes I have my tinfoil hat on but would you put it past them? They are getting more and more desperate to save face. Clynes ties to Melbourne don't exactly make him neutral.

Here's hoping we win the arbitration

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast