Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

vCash
    I found it very interesting that they were originally planning not to clash with Super Rugby but the ARU and World Rugby asked them to consider the March-June window.
    Basically to get a cross border competition played you will need approval from the relevant unions to get IRB approval. Twiggy has gone the round about away by getting approval from the Asian unions by putting out EOIs than rubber stamping along with Government backing hence the Senate Committee, Sports Minister and Foreign Ministry involvement to say to the ARU we want a competition including an Australian team with huge financial backing. Basically backed them in to a corner.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    A quick trip to HK, Shanghai or the PI for away matches is more enticing than Canberra, Sydney or Hamilton - even if those places end up in a merged comp down the track.
    I said once before Get Tony Fernandaz as a sponsor for the Western Force??????? Member could get cheaper than cheap flights on Air Asia and maybe even a plane with the force name on it.. Or maybe Southern china Airlines ??????

vCash
    I really liked his comments about the financial support
    1 this is beyond a scale that the ARU could afford to imagine

And

If a backer only brings capital I'd really rather not, I'd prefer to do it on my own.

He's making it very clear what calibre of bank account the ARU has picked a fight with.

I think he's also laying the challenge out to other billionaires in the region to stump up more than cash. There also seems to be a bit of a shopping list, digital media distribution, a need for stadia, entertainment and event planning, etc. I'm sure twiggy would be delighted for minderoo to pay for it, but joining with a partner who can provide that in his own right...

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Huge belt of airlines to exploit as part of the competition Malaysian airlines, Singapore Airlines, air Asia, Cathay pacific and many more that could possibly want to get on board in this market.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    All Nippon air to sponsor the team from Tokyo.

Use it as a carrot to support the WA go to attempts to negotiate direct flights.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Im really beginning to think Twiggy has outsmarted the ARU or RA whatever, the IRB has long been planning to get into the Asian market this is the perfect opportunity at no cost to them. Even on the East coast people have lost the faith in the ARU, I am sure the VIC Govt bid will become public, after all this is not a private enterprise this is taxpayer funded money, good luck keeping that under wraps Mr Cameron Slime, also $88 bucks for a Rebels season ticket, so maybe bets should start as to when they go broke.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What would be a real shot in the arm would be to see some of the big Japanese companies, who do not currently have Rugby teams encouraged to join this competition. Nissan, Suzuki, Hitachi, Sumitomo......If they decided that having a sport sponsorship presence in some of their largest export nations is a good idea...... They have a ready made "feeder comp" which finishes a month ahead the March-June window.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    These comments from Patsy Clyne come across as so insincere and shallow???

"Rugby Australia chairman Cameron Clyne said he was interested in Forrest's proposal but noted there was a lot of work to be done and that he had to ensure it would not harm the game in Australia."

"There's a lot of detail to be worked through, so we've been consistent in saying we're happy to explore the idea," Clyne told Fairfax Media. "Our No.1 priority is to make sure it actually helps Australian rugby. It can't in any way damage any existing components. "

Existing components = everything except the game in WA.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/an...27-gz9r6a.html

vCash
    How ironic that Patsy Slime should be worried about harming the game in Australia!!

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Oh, and by "Australia" I'm assuming he means Sydney.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    These comments from Patsy Clyne come across as so insincere and shallow???

"Rugby Australia chairman Cameron Clyne said he was interested in Forrest's proposal but noted there was a lot of work to be done and that he had to ensure it would not harm the game in Australia."

"There's a lot of detail to be worked through, so we've been consistent in saying we're happy to explore the idea," Clyne told Fairfax Media. "Our No.1 priority is to make sure it actually helps Australian rugby. It can't in any way damage any existing components. "

Existing components = everything except the game in WA.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/an...27-gz9r6a.html
    After Clynes performance this year, it is very very condescending to say it can't damage any existing component. The ARU destroyed a whole States Rugby Community for fuck sake. Now they are concerned about damage control? After the year they put Australian Rugby through? Are you kidding me Clyne?
    This is the second time this year this fuckwit has tried to say that someone willing to put $100 million into Australian Rugby should be viewed as the enemy or is not in Australian rugbys best interests.
    Clyne, you were elected to serve Australian Rugby, it's constitution, it's participants and fans and the sports best interests into the future. You are a failure on all counts. You are not serving any of the job criteria you were elected to do. Australian rugby is damaged, you have pissed on the constitution, participants and fans detest you and the sports future is unclear. Why? So you can be an egotistical wanker? Thats about all you have contributed to rugby. Your time is up. Time to move on and wreck another business, that is if ASIC do not disqualify you from being a director in the future.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Sounds like he is starting to struggle to maintain his relevance. Tick, tick, tick gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    After Clynes performance this year, it is very very condescending to say it can't damage any existing component. The ARU destroyed a whole States Rugby Community for fuck sake. Now they are concerned about damage control? After the year they put Australian Rugby through? Are you kidding me Clyne?
    This is the second time this year this fuckwit has tried to say that someone willing to put $100 million into Australian Rugby should be viewed as the enemy or is not in Australian rugbys best interests.
    Clyne, you were elected to serve Australian Rugby, it's constitution, it's participants and fans and the sports best interests into the future. You are a failure on all counts. You are not serving any of the job criteria you were elected to do. Australian rugby is damaged, you have pissed on the constitution, participants and fans detest you and the sports future is unclear. Why? So you can be an egotistical wanker? Thats about all you have contributed to rugby. Your time is up. Time to move on and wreck another business, that is if ASIC do not disqualify you from being a director in the future.
    He was never ‘elected’. That’s the root of all evil

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    How ironic that Patsy Slime should be worried about harming the game in Australia!!
    Why would you say that? It's completely unfair.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    This is the second time this year this fuckwit has tried to say that someone willing to put $100 million into Australian Rugby should be viewed as the enemy .................................................. ......................................... Australian rugby is damaged, you have pissed on the constitution, participants and fans detest you and the sports future is unclear. Why?
    Could it be as simple as lingering anger at not being appointed to a job Mr Forrest once interviewed him for................would not be totally surprised after viewing his performance at the senate inquiry.......... the way he carped on at the unfairness of it all came across as a little "unbalanced" that day.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast