Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    IF the IPRC Force make an offer to a wallaby which is twice the SR amount what’s he going to do? As has already been shown players are more than happy to go to Europe for the money and give up wallaby selection. Why not stay at home? Might be able to get at least 15. I bet the FURA formerly the FUARU will very quickly change their tune.
    But based on what they seem to be agreeing to, they won't be able to offer a Wallaby anything at all - that would be seen as compromising SR.

Not that that bothers me much. If this competition is just going to go out and buy six teams, it is doomed to failure. Certainly from the WA perspective I would be strongly in favour of only recruiting players that have a tie here, either through long service with the Force or having come through the WA system. I can't say how much I would hate to see mercenary baggage coming to Perth just because the money might be better, or because it is a slightly better alternative than Europe. Even more so in the other teams...if they can't create a genuine link to their support, it will be over very quickly.

And in that vein, the delay might not be a bad thing. Unlike SR (and it's great failing), this comp has to go so much deeper than just one team. If WA is going to put out a real team, what is left of our NRC team needs to be expanded with new players, and all of them training as full time professionals next year. Same in all the other locations, wherever they might be and with whatever the best talent is they have. Because irrespective of initial standard, these teams will quickly have to become local - in WA because the ARU and true believers will be looking for any way to interfere, in the other locations because it won't be sustainable any other way.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hi Everyone just got am email form Ross Mitchell GM from Asia Rugby.. I also have added a link to the report from the meeting

God evening Tony.

The team from IPR today, Sunday 5th November, briefed some 19 delegates from 10 World Rugby member unions in Asia Rugby on the vision and proposed plans for the IPRC.

For Asia Rugby unions this presents a really exciting opportunity for our members. We are still in the early planning stages but we will continue to work in good faith with World Rugby, Australia Rugby and IPRC to endeavour to make the most of this great prospect for the Region.

Please check our web site www.asiarugby.com for updates.

Best,

Kind Regards,

Ross Mitchell
    General Manager, Asia Rugby

https://www.asiarugby.com/2017/11/05...-championship/

Indo Pacific Rugby Championship – Tokyo Meeting
    5 November, 2017 in News, Featured, IPRC, #IPRC by Khuram Haroon
    Representatives from the following World Rugby Full Member unions travelled at the invitation of IPRC to hear the ideas being put forward for the Region to be able to host this high level competition, the Indo Pacific Rugby Championship starting in 2019

Chinese Taipei
    Guam
    Hong Kong
    India
    Indonesia
    Malaysia
    Philippines
    Pakistan
    Thailand
    UAE
    The IPRC is being funded by philanthropist Mr Andrew Forrest from Australia. Andrew met all the attendees in person and commented, “It was fantastic that so many people from so many different unions were able to get up to Tokyo at such short notice to hear what we had to say about the exciting future of Rugby in the Region.

Although we were only able to send out invitations on Monday this week, yet the enthusiasm and willingness of so many unions to get here, despite the obvious difficulties with short notice and possible visa issues, was truly outstanding.

Unions that would otherwise perhaps not have been able to hear us first-hand seized the opportunity to travel up and hear what the future possibly held for everyone”

“It certainly bodes well for us to see the willingness and ability of Asia Rugby to respond so quickly and positively to the initiatives being put forward.”

Asia Rugby’s World Rugby Council Member, Trevor Gregory, who was one of those who attended said, “This is an amazing opportunity for us in Asia to really develop the game at the performance level.

World Rugby,Rugby Australia and Asia Rugby are on the same page and are all now working closely together to try to ensure the success of this visionary project which can provide a stepping stone for many of our participating unions to the next level.

This will affect not only the players, but for the unions themselves; their infrastructure and support, including administration and match officiating. It is even more exciting that we are talking about not just the men’s game, but also women’s competitions as well, both at 15’s and 7’s. I am personally delighted that this very important meeting was able to take place.and our thanks to Andrew and his team for their inspirational vision as detailed in a very professional presentation. ”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    You're dead right, Malaysia wears yellow and black.

Also, has anyone checked out the big rugby derby in Korea? ..
    Impressive stuff. There's more passion from that crowd than at Dunedin's Zoo

TMO might want to check the grounding on that run away though

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    “It was fantastic that so many people from so many different unions were able to get up to Tokyo at such short notice to hear what we had to say about the exciting future of Rugby in the Region.

Although we were only able to send out invitations on Monday this week, yet the enthusiasm and willingness of so many unions to get here, despite the obvious difficulties with short notice and possible visa issues, was truly outstanding“

Unlike Clyne & Co who couldn’t be arsed flying to Perth, guess it was way too hard for them to turn up to the meeting in Asia.
    Have to smile arpt the Eastern States low response to the IPR launch- would appear they’re all starting to shit themselves now!

vCash
    apart from some individuals from Melbourne and Canberra who seem to have an issue with WF fans having a chip on their shoulders... if the shoe was on the other foot....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    Also not considered is that Wessels wont be the coach...
    Yes, same thing occurred to me when I saw the timeline, bit of a pity as he helped build a very cohesive group at the Force.

Unless his Rebels contract has a cunning clause that would allow hike to drop the Rebels for the IPRC Force?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Unless his Rebels contract has a cunning clause that would allow hike to drop the Rebels for the IPRC Force?
    Wessels' Rebels contract does allow him to coach the Force in the IPRC but I'm assuming it doesn't constitute an escape clause. That's the only downside with the clash in timing with Super Rugby, it probably rules him out.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Yes, same thing occurred to me when I saw the timeline, bit of a pity as he helped build a very cohesive group at the Force.

Well from memory his contract and a few others are only for 1 year. Lets wait and see. The only way that the other mob could stop some of the players from moving over would be for either Cheika to promise Wallaby spots to players or the salaries be raised to match the IP guys. Win Win for Twiggy. And as we know traditionally after world cup year a lot of player movements except this time they don't have to go to Europe away from family etc to get a decent pay packet.
    It will be interesting to see who the real surprise marquee signing will be.

vCash
    would be for either Cheika to promise Wallaby spots to players or the salaries be raised to match the IP guys.
    We have seen in the cases of Kane Douglas, Quade Cooper and Leroy Houston that can be a big mistake believing what Cheika is telling them. Luke Jones was stupid to fall for that when speaking to the press when he was in Australia for the Barbarians match. Hopefully Houston talks some sense to him. Houston took a deal from Bordeaux after being lured back to the Reds on a cut price deal to hopefully get in to the Wallabies. That didn't work out so he didn't want to waste his time in another Reds rebuilding process.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I wonder if RA will enforce limits on Foreign players playing for The Force in the IPRC? not that id like to see that anyway just wondering

Senior Player
    vCash
    I wonder if RA will enforce limits on Foreign players playing for The Force in the IPRC? not that id like to see that anyway just wondering
    Its got nothing to do with them. if you pay the bills for the whole comp you get to have the say. Pay no coin and get no say. Those dicks won't be getting much say when it comes to who plays in what team in the IP.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Indo Pacific Rugby Championship organisers are confident that players signing with the new Perth-based competition will be eligible for the Wallabies.

That would give them the choice of playing in the new tournament or in Super Rugby when the IPRC is launched in March 2019, the same timeslot as the SANZAAR competition.

IPRC management says the current eligibility ruling for Wallabies is that they must be playing in Australia.

Signing for the new “Western Force” side would qualify them.

But the IPRC also wants Australian players coming back from overseas to play in the other five Asian-based teams to be eligible for the national side.

Read more: https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88650775z

Player
    vCash
    apart from some individuals from Melbourne and Canberra who seem to have an issue with WF fans having a chip on their shoulders... if the shoe was on the other foot....
    At GAGR we have been told off for whinging and bringing up the subject again. Some of them like missing Link, have there head in the sand!

Champion
    vCash
    Sad to see nothing on the Australian or on Roar about yesterday's news!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    At GAGR we have been told off for whinging and bringing up the subject again. Some of them like missing Link, have there head in the sand!
    I've even been sanctioned!! I have to shake my head and laugh - what a joke they are

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast