Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I imagine RUPA will be outraged if the ERU try to stop IPRC. Restraint of trade?
    I would hope they would say something if the ARU object.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm sure you would not be surprised that I can confirm that the largest diaspora of Sri Lankans in the world lives in Melbourne and they are very into their rugby - I would think they would be very into the iprc tournaments

truth triumphs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackster View Post
    I'm sure you would not be surprised that I can confirm that the largest diaspora of Sri Lankans in the world lives in Melbourne and they are very into their rugby - I would think they would be very into the iprc tournaments
    We'll swap with Melbourne then.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    ...Murali played scrumhalf back in the day.
    Perfect spot for his passing technique

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    He would have a far better pass than Phipps that's for sure.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper1 View Post
    I would hope they would say something if the ARU object.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeClyne
    “It can’t in any way diminish or dilute club rugby, NRC, Super Rugby, or the Wallabies. They are established and important components of the game, so if his proposal adds to those programs, fantastic.”
    It looks like you might get to test their resolve, With super rugby starting in march, and play going right through to December with the wallabies tour, I can't imagine that there's a second in the year that doesn't conflict with the competitions mentioned. I've got a strong feeling that Clyne wants to completely nuke WA..... Can't imagine what we've done to offended him

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    “It can’t in any way diminish or dilute club rugby, NRC, Super Rugby, or the Wallabies. They are established and important components of the game, so if his proposal adds to those programs, fantastic.”

Well WA clubs dont play in the Shite Shield, so no conflict there. Force already got kicked out of Super Rugby, so no dilution there. Twiggy is going to release players to Wallabies and in fact he will bring back extra Wallabies from Europe for Cheika. So opposite of diminishing. And without Twiggy money, there will be no NRC. So no deClyne there either.
    So IPRC is all systems go!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    “It can’t in any way diminish or dilute club rugby, NRC, Super Rugby, or blah, blah, blah
    Yeah, but the only catch is that Cameron Clyne doesn't always know what he's talking about, and will always reserve his ability to not recall or change his mind. Just glad that World Rugby is listening to Andrew Forrest - we don't really need the ARU, but World Rugby's support would be nice. The IPRC is a win-win situation for the ARU, but the ARU have a habit of doing things their own way rather than acting with common sense.
    I hope that World Rugby see the potential, and they also realise that there aren't many people with the passion and resources to pull something like this off (I can only think of one person). Fingers crossed for a good result on the 14th!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Clyne is talking rubbish. He kicked the Force out based on a pack of lies and none of the unions suggested to be involved are in the soon to be short lived Super Rugby comp.

As for tv we don't know yet if Foxsports will bid for rights. They have enough channels now to cover Rugby that is on at the same time. BeIn could do with more live Rugby on during the day.

To get China on board Twiggy will easily get AliSports on board and Shanghai is a logical spot for a team. They have a more historic background in Rugby and long term Rugby sponsors HSBC and ANZ have their Chinese bases there.

vCash
    I reckon he's trying to seed a believable reason to nix the whole thing actually.
    Reading between the lines of Twiggys press conference, the stance on an unconfirmed competition timing backed by "we don't care which, so we don't argue, you can pick the time and we'll run with it" could be an indication that the working party have been stalling over clashes the whole time.

I would suggest that twiggy has probably taken on smarter and tougher competition than clone and his cronies, so will probably get what he needs.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    This is the same de Clyne that was lecturing Twiggy on how to run a business.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I reckon he's trying to seed a believable reason to nix the whole thing actually.
    Reading between the lines of Twiggys press conference, the stance on an unconfirmed competition timing backed by "we don't care which, so we don't argue, you can pick the time and we'll run with it" could be an indication that the working party have been stalling over clashes the whole time.

I would suggest that twiggy has probably taken on smarter and tougher competition than clone and his cronies, so will probably get what he needs.
    The media keep referring to how much there is to work through, and how difficult setting up the IPRC is, which sounds like "working party" stalling tactics to me. I'd expect the ARU to try something like stall until Christmas Day when no one's listening, make an announcement that there are some "financial irregularities" with the IPRC, and then hoping everyone in Sydney will just remember that the IPRC couldn't go ahead because of "financial irregularities". No one will dig deep enough to discover that the financial irregularities were just a misprint paying a $1,000- licensing fee to the ARU, instead of RugbyAU.

vCash
    Does this comp really need ARU approval? What happens if he gets approval from:
    -Hong Kong Rugby Football Union
    -Japan Rugby Football Union
    -Sri Lankan Rugby Football Union
    -Fiji Rugby Union
    -Asia Rugby
    and any others..?

Do they still need the ARU then? Will World Rugby still deem it an unsanctioned competition, despite a number of national unions and a continental confederation okaying the league?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Does this comp really need ARU approval? What happens if he gets approval from:
    -Hong Kong Rugby Football Union
    -Japan Rugby Football Union
    -Sri Lankan Rugby Football Union
    -Fiji Rugby Union
    -Asia Rugby
    and any others..?

Do they still need the ARU then? Will World Rugby still deem it an unsanctioned competition, despite a number of national unions and a continental confederation okaying the league?
    I think that would be one of the reasons he went to World Rugby before getting the ARU portion of the deal done. If the ARU cause trouble but World Rugby have signed off on it, at the end of the day the only reason the ARU have any power is because World Rugby grants it to them.

If it is expected the ARU won't sign off on everything by November 2nd or even if they do, once the Senate enquiry hits the next day Twiggy could surely go in there and point out they have already given blessing and have huge support for his competition and the ARU have proven time and time again not up to the job.

If World Rugby acts against the ARU then hypothetically could Twiggy be given free reign to run an independent comp and the discretion to deal with international players without ARU meddling? Sure a player CAN be released for the Wallabies but the ARU will have to meet certain criteria to do so eg. compensation.

But at the end of the day, I am sure Twiggy understands most of us are Western Australians first and Australians second so if the Australian Wallabies criteria is a sticking point we'd rather not have the Wallabies at all, as at the moment they aren't representative.

Bit ranty I suppose but to me the ARU seem like a criminal on a spree, with each misdeed the walls seem to close in on them and to me it seems it must slam shut on them very soon.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    To have a cross border competition you have to permission from two unions for the IRB to sign off on it. For example to have a trans Tasman competition the NZRU and ARU have to both agree with it.

Another reason Hansie raised potential succession from the ARU.

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast