Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby approved

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post

• Second, WCRugger is not a bad guy for a NSWelshman and he's supportive of having a new comp in Rapid Rugby. He should probably spend a bit more time in the saddle here before delivering his stump speeches, but that's just my opinion - and I'm still a n00b myself despite reading TWF guff for ten years.

My experience from my time on PlanetRugby has taught me that if you're not in the fight you'll get eaten alive.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    HK are probably saving costs with those venues.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    My experience from my time on PlanetRugby has taught me that if you're not in the fight you'll get eaten alive.
    True, but it's a different type of place. You get people from everywhere there and while PR has lost some of its buzz from from, say, even 5-6 years ago—as forums have generally—it is still a genuine 24 hr site. There are more rules now but there used to be almost none. To be "in the fight" there you had to face all styles, like MMA. Green and Gold Rugby is an oz site with more of a rugby focus. TWF is a WA-based site with a WA rugby focus and more specifically a Western Force supporters site. Understand the audiences. The latter two are more Queensbury Rules.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Can we focus on the future please? We are out of Super Rugby and are a core team in Global Rapid Rugby.

Heres another GRR article from the UK: "Rugby needs to evolve, says Force skipper"

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Can we focus on the future please? We are out of Super Rugby and are a core team in Global Rapid Rugby.

Heres another GRR article from the UK: "Rugby needs to evolve, says Force skipper"
    That's exactly what I'm saying. The past is the past. No amount of anger or resentment is going to change that. The Force and there fans have something new and exciting to look forward to. Focus your energies on that. Because here's the thing. Success will be the biggest middle finger to those behind the axing.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    From AAP but it's been picked up in the UK.

The T20 analogy is an interesting take on it as I would've thought 7s was in that position.

Yes, rugby needs to keep evolving (and it always has). There should be a bit of awareness of not getting too funky, tho.

The 40-22 kick does have potential to open the game up. Keen to see how these new GRR law variations play out.

Player
    vCash
    From AAP but it's been picked up in the UK.

The T20 analogy is an interesting take on it as I would've thought 7s was in that position.

Yes, rugby needs to keep evolving (and it always has). There should be a bit of awareness of not getting too funky, tho.

The 40-22 kick does have potential to open the game up. Keen to see how these new GRR law variations play out.
    I used to think of 7s as the T20 of Rugby but in reality it's more like the old Super 6s format they used to have in Malaysia. I agree that Rugby needs to continuously evolve. And for the most part I'm happy enough for GRR to look to test out new ideas as a means of continuing the process. The 40-22 rule has grown on me as I get the intent behind it. Keeping teams in two minds about keeping numbers in the line or defending the kick.

vCash
    That's exactly what I'm saying. The past is the past. No amount of anger or resentment is going to change that. The Force and there fans have something new and exciting to look forward to. Focus your energies on that. Because here's the thing. Success will be the biggest middle finger to those behind the axing.
    And WCR is going to keep saying this every day until you get totally turned off TWF.

RWC you may have lived in WA but you weren't living in WA to experience the impact on the players, their partners and true blue members of the Western Force and the kids. You weren't here to witness the mass migration of Premier Grade players to the East. You weren't here to experience 75% of a great player group having to move away from Perth - the place they were happy to call home. You weren't here to experience RugbyWA move into administration.

I'm happy to let every member of the Sea of Blue and every contributor to TWF move on at their own pace.

Player
    vCash
    Part of the problem is that, while there has been almost universal agreement on forums like GGR and others that it would be better if the Force hadn't been terminated, many posters on those forums refuse to accept criticism of the way it was done. Specifically, there is no acknowledgement of the duplicity, dishonesty and unconscionable conduct revealed during the Senate Inquiry. Interestingly, many of the same posters are very quick to ridicule IPCC / WSR / GRR. Attempts to counter that have been met with warnings, threats and bans even though the naysayers seem free to cast aspersions on the judgement and integrity of anyone who does support IPCC / WSR / GRR.

So, WCRugger, while I agree with you about the virtual middle finger there are very good reasons why that isn't the only appropriate response.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good to see Ian read Tifs post here re: T20 cricket. Maybe bisons post on Roar as well

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Geez Kiap,you certainly have stirred up the old fart Wamberal,on GAGR!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Geez Kiap,you certainly have stirred up the old fart Wamberal,on GAGR!
    Ah, yeah.

He's mostly harmless.

A persistent booster for the status quo but I reckon the Wallaby team for the weekend caused a bit of a double-take, even from Wambers.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Part of the problem is that, while there has been almost universal agreement on forums like GGR and others that it would be better if the Force hadn't been terminated, many posters on those forums refuse to accept criticism of the way it was done. Specifically, there is no acknowledgement of the duplicity, dishonesty and unconscionable conduct revealed during the Senate Inquiry. Interestingly, many of the same posters are very quick to ridicule IPCC / WSR / GRR. Attempts to counter that have been met with warnings, threats and bans even though the naysayers seem free to cast aspersions on the judgement and integrity of anyone who does support IPCC / WSR / GRR.

So, WCRugger, while I agree with you about the virtual middle finger there are very good reasons why that isn't the only appropriate response.
    I recall seeing plenty of criticism about how the whole saga played out last year. Pulver and Clyne in particular were singled out. The posters most resistant to the criticism of how it was done tend to be the Rebels fans. For obvious reasons they see little issue with the process.

Furthermore, the majority of the guys over on GAGR have been supportive of the GRR concept for the most part. Beyond the name change which is a bit...well, I think many would have preferred them revert to the IPRC than GRR. And some of the law variations. Very few are openly hostile toward it. People are allowed to disagree on some points. Doesn't mean they are against it.

What I think is ruffling some feathers is the unquestioning nature of some of the Force fans. Certain individuals are rather cultist in their reverence for the man. To the point that anything that isn't glowing praise is seen as a direct attack. If you want people to listen you have to be willing to reciprocate. And some on both sides just aren't either way. I know which guys you're talking about by the way and to call some most of them hostile is unfair. Several have a healthy degree of scepticism. Some more so than others but that doesn't mean they are waiting with bated breath for GRR to fail.

What's occurring here and across the Rugby community is very dangerous in my opinion. We're seeing a schism with one group leaning one way and another the other way and everyone in between is being labelled something or other for practically anything that doesn't fall into line with either sides narrative.

I'm not saying that some aren't hostile and I in no way disregard the loss and the actions leading to the Force's SR expulsion being anything other than just an absolute clusterfuck. If you actually look at the general sentiment for the most part the majority agree with you that is shouldn't have happened.

But, while you all are invested in the sole injustice that is the Force saga our anger and frustration is tempered by dealing with the absolute shit show that is RA at the moment.

Last edited by WCRugger; 23-11-18 at 11:19.

Player
    vCash
    Ah, yeah.

He's mostly harmless.

A persistent booster for the status quo but I reckon the Wallaby team for the weekend caused a bit of a double-take, even from Wambers.

Wambers doesn't like change. Period. He has a fixed view of how things are firmly grounded from his experiences that were dated about 25 years ago. He clings to the status quo because anything different scare the living bejus out of him.

vCash
    Gee, that place is worse than GAGR for banning people. The PR mods are bunch of school children the way they carry on. Ill never be back.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast