Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby World Cup 2019

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Thanks for explaining all that. But I didn't see anyone blaming the Fijian player. That would be as ridiculous as expecting Hodge to stand idly by and wave him through to the goal line.

In these incidents those things are considered in mitigation. And apparently 3 top level referees and a TMO also took those into consideration. But I'm glad it gave you a laugh.
    Hodge’s tackling technique is appalling. It was evident against the All Blacks yet one of the worst Wallabies coach in the pro era had him marking Radradra. It took Semi two minutes to line him up and have him down as road kill. He did it again. Hodge didn’t stop Yato legally. Didn’t wrap his arms around the ball carrier and went high.

I wouldn’t be using match officials letting it go as an argument. They have been getting it wrong since the crackdown on dangerous tackles started. A good example is the seat belt tackle on Remy Grosso that fractured Grosso’s skull. No penalty, no cards, no suspension. No surprise that Cane was one of the culprits his technique is worse than Hodge’s. Often hits guys high with his shoulder around the head without wrapping his arms. No red cards, no suspensions disgraceful.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bakkies; 28-09-19 at 08:02.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Kieran Read is... Kieran Read
    Yep. It took the referees about 10 years to start carding McCaw regularly for serial and cynical infringing.

Read got Jamie Heaslip high around his neck to stop a driving maul five metres out, this was after Fekitoa nearly took Zebo’s head off. Fekitoa only got a yellow card but picked up a suspension. Another case of the match officials getting it wrong. Earlier Sam Cane shoulder charged Robbie Henshaw in the head, Henshaw was knocked out cold. Only a yellow and no citing. The referee was Jaco Peyper who is definitely an AB fan boy. This match led to a further crackdown on dangerous tackles.

Last year Read shoulder charged Francois Louw in the head in a clean out. Straight in front of the ref. Louw took no further part in the match. To make it worse a separate Boks player got carded.

vCash
    Sure did. But players can be cited if the officials miss an incident. Though nowdays, when incidents are reviewed from multiple camera angles by three on field and a TMO it seems insulting to impose such a heavy sanction.

Hodge was wrong footed and put off balance by the Fijian player stepping inside and dropping slightly. Bloody ridiculous. If that's the bench mark, those 2 Samoans can expect life.

BTW. Marcel is 50-1 for first try and you can bet each way. Get on
    sorry, but that looked like you were blaming the fijian player.

it's hodges responsibility, and it could have been the best try saving tackle of the tournament if things had gone to plan.
    i don't expect anybody to stand idly by, but hodge was out of control with no way of adjusting.

and as for tv pundits saying it's 'too early' for decisions and bans like this, and 'they have set a precedent'.
    isn't this laying the law down?
    ie we are not having this sort of shit in this tournament.

cider my arse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Hodge’s tackling technique is appalling.
    Maybe so. Luckily we all have opinions and mine hasn't changed, careless and reactive but not reckless. 3 matches at RWC is too much IMO. Hodge has admitted he was not clear on WR's protocols and looks like their match officials are also not. If mitigating circumstances are not to be considered they should educate everyone.

vCash
    That Japanese win! I'm off to collect my winnings!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Whoop whoop how could is that for rugby world wide.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Joe Schmidt blamed the ref, couldn't he find a tea-lady?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Maybe so. Luckily we all have opinions and mine hasn't changed, careless and reactive but not reckless. 3 matches at RWC is too much IMO. Hodge has admitted he was not clear on WR's protocols and looks like their match officials are also not. If mitigating circumstances are not to be considered they should educate everyone.
    Of course Hodge would say that. He is coached by Cheika who plays dumb and ignorant frequently when it comes to officiating.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    That penalty against Kerevi was farcical

Last edited by jargan83; 29-09-19 at 17:54.

Champion
    vCash
    What a match! Think I just got my passion back for the wallabies!!

vCash
    Nice win for me for a change!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Wales deserved to win that game.

Player
    vCash
    Great match . Very difficult to overcome a lead like that . Wales were the better side on the day . The Wallabies are going to pay the price for their poor starts at the business end . DHP I thought had a great game .

vCash
    Second biggest travesty was Hooper asking about poor tackle technique on Kerevi incident - after the Hodge episode
    Biggest travesty ... Hooper remaining on the pitch after his cowardly hit on Biggar ...

If the ref's have been asked to apply laws to protect players ... I'm in complete disbelief that it was let go

"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

vCash
    DHP has such a great game that Cheika decided it was too much and Beale should be fullback instead, farkin hell.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast