Twelve All Blacks stars are donating match worn and autographed Test jerseys to raise funds for Australia’s bushfire recovery and relief efforts.
Inspired by Shane Warne’s baggy green auction raising more than $1 million, the All Blacks have stepped up with all proceeds going to the Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund.

The donated jerseys are from Sam Cane, Kieran Read, Jack Goodhue, Richie Mo’unga, Anton Lienert-Brown, Aaron Smith, George Bridge, Codie Taylor, Liam Coltman, Brodie Retallick, Ardie Savea and Dane Coles.

“Seeing all of the stuff on the news, and how devastating it was, and the damage left behind for communities, got the boys thinking about how we could help,” All Blacks loose forward Sam Cane said.

“When we saw that Shane Warne had raised over $1 million by donating his baggy green, we realised we could raise more money by donating our own All Blacks jerseys which are incredibly special to us.

“We don’t hear as much about the bushfires on the news anymore, but the devastation left behind remains for communities across Australia.

“Houses have been lost, wildlife has been destroyed, and for some people their life won’t be the same again.

“As New Zealanders we all feel for our mates across the ditch and want to support them through what is going to be a long and hard road to recovery.

“For me an All Blacks jersey is a representation of the hard work, dedication and effort that has gone into earn one.

“It is extremely special.

“I want to thank everyone who has put a jersey up and everyone who donates for what is a very important cause.”

Although Warne’s baggy green went to the highest bidder, Cane said it was important for the team that everyone who donated had an equal chance of winning one.

“I’ve done things for charity in the past and people have said they can’t afford the items but would still like to help,” Cane said.

“So, what we’ve done here is to give everyone an equal crack at getting one of the jerseys.

“We’ve created a Givealittle page and will give away one jersey per day.

“Everyone that donates at least $10 on a certain day (and answers a simple question) will go in the daily draw to win one of the jerseys.”

From Foxsports