Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversy Corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Ahem, ahem.

But seriously, this RLWC has showcased how close the top half dozen countries are now days. It's fantastic to see. Didn't watch any of the mismatches, but I've really enjoyed all the serious contests. Especially enjoyed watching PNG. They've come a long, long way in the past 5-odd years.
    In my defence I didn't even check the fixture when I made my outlandish prediction and didn't even realise that Australia and NZ were on the same side of the draw.

I assume that was done to give England every chance to make the final and they still shat the bed.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper1 View Post
    unfortunately a bridge too far.
    As was Samoa for the poms. The Aussies made a lot of errors so I think Samoa can really make a contest out of next week.Glad I'm enjoying one brand of my fav sport at least.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    My fantasy RL fixtures would be to see those other top 5 teams take on NSW and Qld in a competition

Last edited by chibi; 16-12-22 at 22:35.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper1 View Post
    Eddie breaks silence: I’m willing and able for next challenge

Jones’ ultimate job would be to coach South Sydney in the NRL, but the Rabbitohs are more than happy with current coach Jason Demetriou.

Jones most recently worked with new Manly coach Anthony Seibold (who was an England coach assistant), helping him revive his career when he was on the scrap heap..............I’ve made no secret of my wish to give the NRL a go, too. Nothing is off the table.
    https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/nrl...10-p5c5az.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Well I'll be fooked! Another deliberate knock down ruled in the Indigenous v Maori today. I know it's a rule but apart from one last year, I'm stuffed if I can remember another one. What's next? Feeding the second row?

vCash
    Didn't even realise that was on today.

The Australian Cricket team suck much I'm going to have to watch the Red V get belted by St Helens.

This team is going to send me bald.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Didn't even realise that was on today.
    Neither did I. Just flicked the TV on while I ate some lunch and it was 27 minutes in.
    Which team gets to wear the Rev V??

vCash
    Just for laughs they both should have worn it

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I saw a blatant effort to control the TMO in a Mungo match on the weekend. Sir had ruled a player had lost control during the PTB. The tackling player had clearly jersey-pulled him off balance causing the error. There was a Captains Challenge, Sir notified the TMO and added "I've ruled he tried to PTB too quickly" in other words "Don't overrule me" and he didn't
    That was bloody Gerard Sutton. Who just overruled Grant Atkins in identical circumstances but with the 180 degree opposite adjudication. Consistency
    Maybe Annesley tore him a new one after last week.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    BREAKING: NRL bombshell as FIVE Bulldogs follow Suaalii to rugby union, sign with Super Rugby clubs

Five Canterbury Bulldogs players are set to join Joseph Suaalii in making a shock collective switch to rugby union, according to reports.

Josh Addo-Carr, Matt Burton, Jake Averillo and Ryan Sutton have all been confirmed to have signed long-term deals with Australian Super Rugby clubs, leaving the Bulldogs and the NRL scrambling for answers.

The identity of the fifth player is unknown.

In a further twist, some of the quintet are set to play their first Super Rugby matches in a matter of days, with Addo-Carr and Burton signing contracts with the Melbourne Rebels to begin their rugby union careers on April 10, while Averillo is expected to suit up for the Western Force for the first time when they take on the Crusaders in New Zealand on May 6.

It’s believed the Super Rugby teams, with the backing of Rugby Australia, chose to swoop on the Bulldogs alone after club general manager of football Phil Gould publicly urged the Sydney Roosters to immediately part ways with the Wallabies-bound Suaalii rather than retain him until his contract expires in 18 months’ time.

“Go now. Don’t let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. Go. Go now. Gone. He’s made his decision. You sign a contract for rugby 18 months before his league contract ends,” Gould said on Nine’s 100% Footy on Monday night.

One senior Rebels insider has been quoted as saying: “Let’s put Gus’s word to the test, eh?”

The bombshell news leaves the Bulldogs scrambling to replenish their squad for the remainder of the season, with the club putting an ad on employment website SEEK in a desperate bid to find replacements in time for their clash with the Cowboys tomorrow.

Speaking on Sunday morning, Gould, who has named himself to replace Sutton in the second row for his first NRL game since 1986, expressed his shock at the sudden move.

“When ‘Cirro’ [Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo] phoned me this morning and told me what had happened, I thought it must be an April Fool’s Day joke,” Gould told reporters.

“Then I discovered that it was.”

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Player
    vCash
    I see what you did there

vCash

Looks like Saints are copping a bit of April 1 action this morning too. As if having pace bowling demon John Howard on-board wasn't bad enough.

Name:  Latham.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  22.9 KB

vCash

Looks like Saints are copping a bit of April 1 action this morning too. As if having pace bowling demon John Howard on-board wasn't bad enough.

As funny as that is, surely it would be worth looking into. Only issue is that it would require Gus Gould to be a man of his word and consistent in something.

C'mon the

vCash

I couldn't work out who that was until I saw the photo on the SMH website

Player
    vCash
    Took the young fella to his first NRL match while we passed through Sydney on the way to Perth. Bloody Eels made it hard to watch and breathe at the end.

Name:  770EBA56-B546-44B9-B15D-4BCE0A2887F5.jpeg
Views: 408
Size:  114.4 KB

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast