Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Waratahs v Force 13 March 2022

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

Sorry, his name escapes me - but he will be headed back to Shute Shield as soon as Hooper decides he is ready to come back to the Tahs.
    Charlie Gamble (apparently made his way up through Subbies - a blast from the past). MOM performance. On the bright side (?) that maybe puts Tizzano on the third rung and looking elsewhere.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    We saw it last week vs QLD in the second half and again this weekend that when teams get a decent head of steam we can't seem to arrest the momentum.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Charlie Gamble (apparently made his way up through Subbies - a blast from the past). MOM performance. On the bright side (?) that maybe puts Tizzano on the third rung and looking elsewhere.
    I was about to mention Carlo. Gamble will hit the bench (undeservedly imho) and Carlo will play shite shield.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I was about to mention Carlo. Gamble will hit the bench (undeservedly imho) and Carlo will play shite shield.
    Well it seems the rise of a "Neville from the Burbs" through Sydney Suburban Rugby was a little misleading from the Stan crew. More like a talented Kiwi who decided not to mark time behind some fortunate sons from the Shite Shield. Still took a while though.

Hooper return date revealed as Coleman’s Subbie Gamble pays off

.............The New Zealand-born back-rower took an unusual path to the professional game. A highly rated schoolboy player, Gamble was part of the Crusaders’ development program but made the shock decision to start a new life in Sydney just a few years ago.

He pitched up at Petersham to play Subbies rugby, delivering beer and wine for a crust while taking the suburban competition by storm. His performances for the Shammies caught the Waratahs’ attention and earned him a short-term contract, but it wasn’t until Coleman joined the NSW set up that Gamble was given an opportunity.........

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...14-p5a4ei.html

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6