It’s the moment that captured everything that makes Rugby what it is when Wales winger Josh Adams handed his player of the match medal to Italy hero Ange Capuozzo.

Adams and Wales looked set for victory when he dived over in the 69th minute, with Italy’ losing 36-game streak set to continue.

However, Capuozzo created a moment of magic that will live in Italian Rugby history, breaking the line and several defenders, drawing the fullback to find Edoardo Padovani for the winning try.

Given these awards are usually settled well before full-time, Adams was probably a worthy winner at the time of adjudicating but it was awesome to see the Welsh flyer recognise the historic performance from the fullback and hand him the honour.

“It was a moment of great class. His gesture was sublime. He has the lucidity to do it when they have just lost, which I find really strong. He offered me the man-of-the-match medal, telling me it had to come back to me,” Capuozzo said via Rugbyrama
“I thanked him 100 times but replied that it was his. I really wanted him to keep it for himself.

“For me, his gesture is worth 10 medals. I did not expect it and was shocked at the time. For the little Pro D2 player that I am, these are the guys I draw inspiration from every day and to be honoured by this kind of player was unthinkable.”

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/one-pe...-viral-2022324