Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Force List 2023 speculation

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    So who is (new signing) Oliver Cummins? Anyone know what position he plays?
    If I've got the right person, Google seems to think he's a quality age-grade league prospect. He looks about 18ish now. I'd be guessing outside back unless he played age grade rugby too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    Devastating news for Worcester Warriors staff and players today. Anyone got any idea of that improves our chances of getting Santiago back in to the Force?
    Probably only an improvement from zero to highly remote. The Argentinian players were reported to have been told that they have to be playing regularly in Europe in order to make the RWC squad; so Medrano would be likely to try and get loaned to another European side. Of course, he could try and get an exemption, as the Pumas captain, Matera, is at the Crusaders.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Oliver Cummins has been selected for the Rugby WA Under 19, 32 man squad.

I assume he will be part of the wider training group.

From the video appears to be a decent size full back.

With school videos hard to judge ability as opposition unknown.

Appears to have a bit of a league background which often helps with tackiling abilities

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Probably only an improvement from zero to highly remote. The Argentinian players were reported to have been told that they have to be playing regularly in Europe in order to make the RWC squad; so Medrano would be likely to try and get loaned to another European side. Of course, he could try and get an exemption, as the Pumas captain, Matera, is at the Crusaders.
    Ugh, I had heard that about the amount of games. I suppose with RWC next year he’s got to get on the paddock as quick as possible.

vCash
    Another piece in place. Geez! we've got some top tier coaching staff!

https://westernforce.rugby/news/forc...rmance-2022106

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Another piece in place. Geez! we've got some top tier coaching staff!https://westernforce.rugby/news/forc...rmance-2022106
    They're certainly talking him up.Especially considering we did pretty well with a&C last year any step up will be great.

C'mon the

vCash
    Curtis Rona linked with the Gold Coast Titans

Former Wallaby Curtis Rona is reportedly set to return to rugby league after a five-year stint in rugby union.

The 30-year-old was expected to sign with the Western Force before the deal fell through. According to Wide World of Sports he bizarrely then went AWOL from his current side the London Irish with friends and family unable to reach him.
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s9RfEGfngXgrDE

vCash
    MIA? Foxsport drawing a long bow, London Irish had a bye this week, last played 1 October and only scheduled to play again 14 October.

Curtis is locked in at London Irish and Gold Coast only suggest an interest.

Click bait again from newscorp

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Wide world of sports also reporting it (channel 9) and they're not NewsCorp bruh

Last edited by jargan83; 10-10-22 at 14:31.

vCash
    The "Channel nine" version from their contributor "The Mole", not sure of his credentials

Name:  Screenshot 2022-10-10 143138.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  67.3 KB

vCash
    Anyway, let's hope we can get Curtis back in WA; I still think he could benefit not only us, but the Wallabies also. And then after that, maybe enough time to be a foundation player for the new mungo team in Perth.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    The Mole - if you don't have a story, make one up. So here's something we take it with.

Name:  Grain.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  52.9 KB

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Bath confirm Fergus Lee Warner signed for 2022/2023 very happy to see him sorted out for this season at least

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    MIA? Foxsport drawing a long bow, London Irish had a bye this week, last played 1 October and only scheduled to play again 14 October.

Curtis is locked in at London Irish and Gold Coast only suggest an interest.

Click bait again from newscorp

Exclusive: Curtis Rona quits London Irish after going AWOL for a week
    Rona has informed his team-mates of the decision at the club's training ground
    By
    Ben Coles,
    RUGBY REPORTER
    12 October 2022 • 4:01pm
    Curtis Rona quits London Irish after going AWOL for a week
    Australia international Curtis Rona has left London Irish with immediate effect after previously going missing in action for a week.

Rona, 30, informed his team-mates at the club's Hazelwood training ground on Monday of his departure.

The former Wallaby has been linked with a return to playing rugby league in the NRL in Australia having previously played for North Queensland Cowboys before switching to Canterbury Bulldog, but is now set to take up a contract playing in Japan. Rona won three Test caps for Australia in 2017 under then head coach Michael Cheika.

Rona joined London Irish in 2019 and has been a key performer for the club over recent years, forming a strong centre partnership with Benhard Janse van Rensburg.

The centre featured in London Irish's first three matches of the 2022-23 season against Worcester, Bristol and Northampton, but was not part of Irish's matchday squad in the win over Bath before the club went on their bye last week.

Rona leaves the club having scored 16 tries in 70 appearances, with England international Will Joseph and Italy international Luca Morisi now the club's main options at outside centre.

“Thank you to the supporters and everyone at London Irish for making me feel so welcome at the Club from the first day that I arrived,” said Rona.

“I want to thank the players, staff and coaches for everything that they have done for me, and I wish London Irish nothing but the best for the future.”

Director of Rugby Declan Kidney added: “We are disappointed to see Curtis go. We wish him and his family well on their next adventure and thank him for his efforts in the London Irish.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast