Thread: Wallabies return to scene of world record mauling

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Wallabies return to scene of world record mauling

The Wallabies will return to Adelaide Oval for the first time in 18 years for a rare home clash with Rugby World Cup champions South Africa on August 27.

Rugby Australia also confirmed an unusual Thursday night Bledisloe Cup clash against the All Blacks on September 15 at Melbourne's Marvel Stadium as a part of its home fixture list.

RA released the full Wallabies and Wallaroos home fixture list on Monday, with the Thursday Test marking the first midweek Bledisloe clash for 28 years.

Administrators settled on the date due to clashes with the AFL and NRL finals.

Australia's last Test in Adelaide was a 29-14 win in 2004 over the now defunct Pacific Islanders.

The Wallabies beat Namibia the year before at the famous cricket ground - with the 142-0 World Cup blitz still a record winning margin in men's rugby.

The Wallaroos will also play New Zealand at the Adelaide Oval for the first time as part of a historic double header.

"An exciting prospect for both teams that will make this an occasion to remember," RA chief executive Andy Marinos said.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/othe...1d1773a2c9cf17

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    2022 Rugby Championship and Bledisloe Cup Fixtures

* Wallabies v Argentina -- Saturday, August 6, Kick-off TBC, at Estadio Malvinas, Mendoza

* Wallabies v Argentina -- Saturday, August 13, Kick-off TBC, at Estadio del Bicentenario, San Juan

* Wallabies v South Africa -- Saturday, August 27, Kick-off TBC at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

* Wallabies v South Africa -- Saturday, September 3, Kick-off TBC at TBC, NSW

* Wallabies v New Zealand -- Thursday, September 15, Kick-off TBC at Marvel Stadium, Melbourne

* Wallabies v New Zealand -- Saturday, September 24, 5:05pm AEST at Eden Park, Auckland

2022 O'Reilly Cup Fixtures

* Wallaroos v New Zealand -- Saturday, August 20, 5:05pm AEST, Orangetheory Stadium, Christchurch

* Wallaroos v New Zealand -- Saturday, August 27, Kick-off TBC, at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!