Michael Traill
The West Australian
June 22, 2022 6:06PM

An elite Sydney sports performance coach says he’s lucky to be alive after having his head stomped on in a vicious, unprovoked bashing outside of Leederville’s Hip-E nightclub.

Spencer Goggin said he was attacked by an unknown person while waiting for a taxi outside the popular nightclub in the early hours of Sunday morning.

With two severely blackened eyes, Mr Goggin took to social media on Wednesday pleading for any witnesses to the attack to reach out in hopes of gaining evidence for WA Police’s investigation into the bashing.

Mr Goggin said having his head stomped on by the attacker was the “single worst feeling I’ve ever experienced”.

“I was waiting for a taxi by the skate park and the next thing I know I’d been hit, my head was being stamped on, I got kicked in the face,” Mr Goggin said.

“Had it not been for me covering my head up, I think we could be listening to a very different story.

Mr Goggin added: “No one should feel grateful for just coming home alive from a night out, but it’s kind of how I feel at the moment.”

A Police spokeswoman has confirmed the attack is being investigated. “Fremantle Police are investigating this assault incident, which occurred around 2.30am on Sunday,” the spokeswoman said.

Mr Goggin said he was lucky to escape the bashing with only a concussion and facial bruising. He said he has been forced to take a week off work at the NSW Institute of Sport, where he serves as a strength and condition coach.

The 32-year-old man has previously worked with the Perth-based Western Force Rugby Union club.

“It’s terrifying what I went through. I’m still dealing with it ... I have a bit of head noise around,” he told 7NEWS.

“I’ll probably have symptoms for at least a couple (of) months.”

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at crimestopperswa.com.au.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/per...club-c-7261893