Thu, 28/07/2022, 2:02 pm
Nathan Williamson

Western Force prop Tom Robertson has been added to the Wallabies squad to travel to Argentina.

This comes as Scott Sio failed to overcome a shoulder complaint picked up during the second Test against England.

Don't miss out! Purchase your tickets for the Rugby Championship
It adds to the injury toll at loosehead prop, with Angus Bell (toe) and Harry Johnson-Holmes (Achilles) already ruled out.

Robertson will join camp on Thursday evening ahead of their flight to Argentina and will likely compete with Rebels standout Matt Gibbon for a spot on the bench, with James Slipper set to start.

The pair were dominant together for Australia A, with Robertson slotting in at tighthead as they dominated at scrum-time in all three games of the Pacific Nations Cup.

Robertson made a long-awaited return to the Wallabies set-up in last year's Rugby Championship, coming off the bench against South Africa.

He earned selection for the Spring Tour, named as the replacement loosehead during the Wallabies' defeat to England after an injury crisis.

Meanwhile, Gibbon admitted it would be an honour to earn a maiden Wallabies cap, almost four years since he first joined the squad.

“I’ve been around the park for a while so I’m really enjoying it,” Gibbon told reporters on Wednesday.

“I think I was actually in training camp four years ago and struggled with injuries so I’ve always been head up trying to get back into here and give it a crack.

“I think after a while you just realise this is Rugby. This is the pinnacle so it’s what we want to do. I’ll have a little time to think about it later but until I get that gold jersey, I’ll keep fighting.”

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/tom-ro...injury-2022728