Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: NPC 2022 matches featuring Western Force Players

vCash
    NPC 2022 comes to end with Wellington far to good for the Crusaders. Wellington were by far the better side and deserved winners.

Manasa Maetele started at 14 for the Crusaders and managed 1 try before being subbed at half time. Not sure if it was injury related or not.

I have not got the stats but he was hardly in the game, did take a huge bump trying to tackle Peter Lakai.

Willie Heinz seemed to be trying to out do Faf De Klerk for the most box kicks in a rugby match so the Crusaders line did not see much ball. Disappointing tactics and that probably aided their loss.

Pek Cowan was listed at the starting tight head for Wellington but got injured in the warm up and did not take part.

Season Summary from a Force perspective

As we draw the curtain on NPC 2022 from a Force perspective:

1) It appears to have been a great learning experience for Jackson Pugh who has showed tremendous growth in both skill and confidence.

2) We got glimpses of what Chase Tiatia is going to add to our squad, and its exciting.

3) We saw Felix Kalapu who was an unknown to start with but showed he could be a very handy signing.

4) Manasa Maetele was Manasa, knew how to find the try line and beat truck loads of defenders and made many metres during the season.

5) Due to injuries at Tasman, Cambell Parata managed to get a lot match day minutes under his belt and continued to show growth.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    5) Due to injuries at Tasman, Cambell Parata managed to get a lot match day minutes under his belt and continued to show growth.
    Can anybody confirm that Campbell will still be with the WF in 2023???

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I believe one of the NZ commentators said he was still at the Force but I'm afraid that's the best I can do confirmation wise.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    With a new coach coming in, I'd say no player should consider themselves guaranteed to be in the squad, but playing in the NPC and so: a) keeping fit, and b) getting more experience should stand anyone in good stead with a New Zealander coach.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    With a new coach coming in, I'd say no player should consider themselves guaranteed to be in the squad, but playing in the NPC and so: a) keeping fit, and b) getting more experience should stand anyone in good stead with a New Zealander coach.
    If he's not, I'd guess it's won't be because he's got a SR contract elsewhere. He played OK in the NPC but couldn't nail down a starting spot. From what I saw of him he's got good tactical & goal kicking, passing and defensive skills. But he doesn't really ask enough questions with ball in hand. I don't recall him digging into the line much at all.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Yeah, but he's still only 22.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4