Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bledisloe 1 - 15 September 2022

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Bledisloe 1 - 15 September 2022

Foley, Gordon named to start Bledisloe Test in Melbourne
    Tue, 13/09/2022, 10:12 am
    Nathan Williamson

Wallabies coach Dave Rennie has confirmed his side for the Bledisloe Cup opener against the All Blacks, with Bernard Foley earning a recall.

Foley will play his first game under Rennie and first for Australia since 2019, coming in for Noah Lolesio (concussion).

He is joined by NSW Waratahs scrumhalf Jake Gordon, who starts for the first time in 2022, pushing Nic White back to the bench.

“It's great to have Bernard's experience and he brings plenty of voice and passion for the gold jersey," Rennie said in a statement.

"New Zealand showed their class in a massive win over Argentina last week and will come to Melbourne full of confidence."

Gordon's Waratahs teammate Lalakai Foketi partners Len Ikitau in the centres after Hunter Paisami failed to overcome his own head knock.

Along with this, Andrew Kellaway has been elevated from the bench, selected to start at fullback.

He is joined in the back three by Tom Wright and Marika Koroibete, who will play his 50th Test for the Wallabies, with Reece Hodge reverting to the bench.

Meanwhile, in the forwards, it's an all-Victorian-born back row as Rob Leota and Pete Samu earn call-ups to the starting side, joining Rob Valetini.

This sees Jed Holloway shift to lock, filling the gap left by Rory Arnold after he was unavailable for selection.

Dave Porecki swaps with Folau Fainga'a, whilst James Slipper once again captains the side, taking him to outright third on the list of most-capped Wallabies behind George Gregan (139) and Stephen Moore (129).

Rebels prop Pone Fa'amausili comes onto the bench after a calf injury to Taniela Tupou, joined by Darcy Swain and Fraser McReight.

Jordan Petaia completes the bench alongside Hodge and White as the Wallabies play the All Blacks in Melbourne for the first time since 2010.

"We're well aware of the opportunity in front of us over the next fortnight and we're extremely motivated to make the most of it," Rennie added.

Wallabies team to play New Zealand at Marvel Stadium, Melbourne on Thursday 15 September, 7:45pm AEST
    James Slipper (c) (121 Tests)
    David Porecki (5 Tests)
    Allan Alaalatoa (58 Tests)
    Jed Holloway (4 Tests)
    Matt Philip (26 Tests)
    Rob Leota (12 Tests)
    Pete Samu (26 Tests)
    Rob Valetini (25 Tests)
    Jake Gordon (14 Tests)
    Bernard Foley (71 Tests)
    Marika Koroibete (49 Tests)
    Lalakai Foketi (2 Tests)
    Len Ikitau (19 Tests)
    Tom Wright (16 Tests)
    Andrew Kellaway (16 Tests) Replacements
    Folau Fainga’a (31 Tests)
    Scott Sio (73 Tests)
    Pone Fa’amausili (1 Test)
    Darcy Swain (15 Tests)
    Fraser McReight (6 Tests)
    Nic White (54 Tests)
    Reece Hodge (59 Tests)
    Jordan Petaia (20 Tests)

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/wallab...tralia-2022913

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Sotutu replaces All Blacks No.8 Savea
    Melissa Woods
    AAP

Hoskins Sotutu will make his first start of the year when the All Blacks take on the Wallabies in their Bledisloe Cup Test in Melbourne, with coach Ian Foster naming him to replace star No.8 Ardie Savea.

New Zealand were forced to name a new-look backrow with Savea to miss Thursday night's Test due to the birth of his child, while blindside flanker Shannon Frizell is also out through injury.

Captain Sam Cane remains at openside flanker and has been joined by Sotutu in his 11th Test, while Scott Barrett has moved from lock to six for the Marvel Stadium match.

Blues backrower Sotutu's last Test was against Italy last November.

The shift of Barrett, who also started at blindside flanker in the All Blacks' first Test against Ireland, means veterans Brodie Retallick and Sam Whitelock will team up in the second row.

The backline remains unchanged after New Zealand's thumping 50-point win over Argentina in Hamilton.

In the only change to the reserves, Akira Ioane has been brought in as backrow cover alongside Dalton Papali'i.

The All Blacks haven't lost the Bledisloe Cup series in 19 years, while the Rugby Championship trophy also remains up for grabs.

"We are incredibly driven to keep hold of this trophy which means so much to both countries," Foster said in a statement.

"And when you factor in how tight this year's Rugby Championship is, all signs point towards another great Test match here in Melbourne."

NZ: Jordie Barrett, Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, David Havili, Caleb Clarke, Richie Mo'unga, Aaron Smith, Hoskins Sotutu, Sam Cane (c), Scott Barrett, Samuel Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Tyrel Lomax, Samisoni Taukei'aho, Ethan de Groot. Res: Dane Coles, George Bower, Fletcher Newell, Akira Ioane, Dalton Papali'i, Finlay Christie, Beauden Barrett, Quinn Tupaea.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ru...avea-c-8220122

vCash
    Harsh on Hodge - I didn't think he'd done anything to warrant being demoted, especially to be replaced at full-back for someone who is primarily a winger!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    why is this game on a Thursday night?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Good question! It sux. I believe it was a worry it would clash with AFL and RL..

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    As Jules says, Friday and Saturday are the Finals for both AFL & NRL, so they'd want to avoid them. And if they held it Sunday they'd be up against the big Essendon v Richmond AFLW game, so would again be relegated to being a minor match!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I'd assume the broadcaster is involved given Channel 9 has the League finals on live and they knows which will rate better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Harsh on Hodge - I didn't think he'd done anything to warrant being demoted, especially to be replaced at full-back for someone who is primarily a winger!
    Oh wow,

I was so busy chewing nails over Bernard FOley getting the start that I missed the disaster at fullback

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Settled combinations are over rated apparently.

vCash

vCash
    Bledisloe Cup: How to watch Wallabies v All Blacks, teams, fixtures and more
    Wed, 14/09/2022, 3:32 pm
    Nathan Williamson

The Wallabies and All Blacks will once again battle it out for the Bledisloe Cup, set to open the series in Melbourne on September 15.

Dave Rennie's men are hungry to bounce back after a disappointing defeat to the Springboks in Sydney.

They face a All Blacks outfit full of confidence after their thumping victory over Argentina in Waikato.

The two-Test series will then head to Eden Park on September 24, with the Wallabies out to win the Cup for the first time in nearly two decades

Here is everything that you need to know about Wallabies v All Blacks

WHEN DO THE WALLABIES PLAY NEXT?

The Wallabies will next play the All Blacks in Melbourne on September 15

It will be the fifth round of the Rugby Championship, with the Wallabies splitting the series against Argentina and South Africa to sit second on the ladder.

Dave Rennie's men will then face the Kiwis in Auckland to round out the tournament.

HOW TO WATCH WALLABIES V ALL BLACKS IN AUSTRALIA?

The Wallabies' clash with the All Blacks will be shown LIVE on Stan Sport and the Nine Network.

Coverage will be live and ad-free on Stan Sport, slated to start at 7:00 pm AEST with kickoff expected at 7:45 pm AEST.

The game will also be shown on free-to-air television on Channel 9 (Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane) and 9GO (Perth and Adelaide) with coverage beginning at 7:30 pm AEST

HOW TO WATCH SPRINGBOKS v ARGENTINA IN AUSTRALIA?

The Springboks' crucial match against Argentina will be shown on Stan Sport.

The first test will be ad-free, live and on demand, with extended coverage from 4:55 am on September 18.

South Africa currently sit second of the Rugby Championship, with Argentina looking to leapfrog them as they sit in last place

HOW TO WATCH WALLABIES V ALL BLACKS OVERSEAS

New Zealand: Sky Sports

South Africa/Africa and adjacent islands: SuperSport

Argentina/South America/North America: ESPN

USA:FloSports
    Canada: TSN

Ireland and UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man): Sky UK

France/Andorra/Monaco/Luxembourg: Canal+

Japan: Wowow

Pacific: Digicel

Italy, Vatican City, San Marino and Canton Ticino, Switzerland: Sky Italia

Spain/Andorra:Telefonica

Asia-Pacific, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marianas, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Nepal,Northern Marianas, North Korea, Pakistan, Palau, Philippines, Singapore,South Korea, Tajikistan, Taiwan (Republic of China), Thailand, Timor-Leste,Vietnam: Premier Sports

Africa and adjacent islandsuperSport

List of nations under SanzaarRugby.tv:
    Asia

Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, China, India and Sri Lanka

Europe

Portugal, Spain, Andorra, Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey and Ukraine

THE RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES
    *All times AEST

ROUND ONE

Sunday 7 August

South Africa 26 def New Zealand 10, Mbombela Stadium, Nelspruit, 1.05 am

Argentina 26 def Australia 41, Estadio Malvinas Argentinas, Mendoza, 5.10 am

ROUND TWO

Sunday 14 August

South Africa 23 def by New Zealand 35, Emirates Airlines Park, Johannesburg, 1.05 am

Argentina 48 def Australia 17, Bicentenario Stadium, San Juan, 5.10 am

ROUND THREE

Saturday 27 August

Australia 25 def South Africa 17, Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, 3.30 pm

New Zealand 18 def by Argentina 25, Orangetheory Stadium, Christchurch, 5.45 pm

ROUND FOUR

Saturday 3 September

New Zealand 53 def Argentina 3, FMG Stadium Waikato, 5.05 pm

Australia 8 def by South Africa 24, Allianz Stadium, Sydney, 7.35 pm

ROUND FIVE

Thursday 15 September

Australia v New Zealand, Marvel Stadium, Melbourne, 7.45 pm

Sunday 18 September

Argentina v South Africa, Estadio Velez Sarsfield, Buenos Aires, 5.10 am

ROUND SIX

Saturday 24 September

New Zealand v Australia, Eden Park, Auckland, 7.05 pm

Sunday 25 September

South Africa v Argentina, Hollywoodbets Kings Park, Durban, 1.05 am

WHEN IS THE WALLABIES V ALL BLACKS KICK OFF?
    The first Test between the Wallabies and All Blacks will kick off at 7:45 pm AEST at Marvel Stadium on Thursday, September 15

Coverage will be ad-free from 7:00 pm AEST and continue throughout the game on Stan Sport.

WALLABIES V ALL BLACKS SYDNEY TICKETS
    There are still limited tickets available for the final match on Australian soil of 2022 when the Wallabies take on the All Blacks at Marvel Stadium on September 15.

The Test is the lone Bledisloe on home soil, with the action heading to Auckland in the following week.

CLICK HERE FOR WALLABIES v ALL BLACKS TICKETS
    WALLABIES v ALL BLACKS TEAMS
    WALLABIES (15-1): Andrew Kellaway; Tom Wright, Len Ikitau, Lalakai Foketi, Marika Koroibete; Bernard Foley, Jake Gordon; Rob Valetini, Pete Samu, Rob Leota; Matt Philip, Jed Holloway; Allan Alaalatoa, David Porecki, James Slipper (capt)

Replacements: Folau Fainga'a, Scott Sio, Pone Fa'amausili, Darcy Swain, Fraser McReight, Nic White, Reece Hodge, Jordan Petaia

Click here for all your team news for the Wallabies
    ALL BLACKS (15-1): Jordie Barrett; Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, David Havili, Caleb Clarke; Richie Mo'unga, Aaron Smith; Hoskins Sotutu, Sam Cane (capt), Scott Barrett; Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick; Tyrel Lomax, Samisoni Taukei'aho, Ethan de Groot.

Replacements: Dane Coles, George Bower, Fletcher Newell, Akira Ioane, Dalton Papali'i, Finlay Christie, Beauden Barrett, Quinn Tupaea.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/wallab...l-team-2022913

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Wallabies fans in relation to final time wasting call:

Wallabies fans in relation to forward pass with Kellaway's try:

vCash
    Just kick it out.

Betoota Advocate should run a story about the Wallabies involved in a match-fixing scandal after that one

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Ref blows time off then pings us for time wasting.

Revenge for the French sub deal.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast