Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Down to the wire

Champion
    vCash

Down to the wire

How good to see a tight comp in premier grade. Congrats to all clubs, especially coaches, admin volunteers and Rugby WA. Great to see Roo Dogs and Numbats in the mix too. Can only be good for Rugby in WA.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Hearing Force players in teams who have not made the top six have been forced to go and play for those who have. Few players apparently pissed off at being told to leave their home club. Anyone else hearing the same?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Absolute shit show, anyone that had anything to do with this give yourself an uppercut

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    We agree Westie, must be a first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Hearing Force players in teams who have not made the top six have been forced to go and play for those who have. Few players apparently pissed off at being told to leave their home club. Anyone else hearing the same?
    WTF, was this from Force or from RugbyWA.

I could maybe, possibly, reluctantly see some limited and bullshit justification if it was a Force directive to ensure that their professional players were playing high level rugby throughout the season, but even that comes at the expense of future year development because every team would ensure that they can operate without the Force players just in case they don't make the cut. That would basically ensure that no Force player will suit up on a regular basis in Club Rugby

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    I can confirm this rumour.

An absolute shit show it is going by what I've heard too!

In other news Jackson Pugh is playing in the NZ NPC on the Force's orders. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the local comp.

Champion
    vCash
    From what I've heard some of these players didn't want to move but had no option. They were good enough to play before the split with their clubs so why aren't they good enough now. And what about those who were not allowed to play during the season on Force orders and so got no game time at all. I hope these players stay loyal to their clubs after all this bullshit disappears but you can guarantee the cheque books will be waving. Talking of which I'm hearing a certain well-monied club down by the river is throwing wads at Aranmore kids. Anyone else heard the same?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I can confirm this rumour.

An absolute shit show it is going by what I've heard too!

In other news Jackson Pugh is playing in the NZ NPC on the Force's orders. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the local comp.
    With a lack of NRC, its important that Pugh keeps playing at a high level in order to continue his development. I think its a straight fact that NPC is stronger then club rugby.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Seems a pointless fight to start for the sake of a literal handful of matches before the season ends. In the absence of an NRC or some other comp to allow continued professional development, I'm almost surprised they haven't sent the lot to NZ.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Seems a pointless fight to start for the sake of a literal handful of matches before the season ends. In the absence of an NRC or some other comp to allow continued professional development, I'm almost surprised they haven't sent the lot to NZ.
    Yes of course the NPC and Heartland teams in NZ will want to set aside their loyal locally produced players so that a few eager upstarts from the west can secure some game time....

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Could only offer them up. I imagine a lot would depend on who was picking up how much of the tab for them, given they would still all be on a SR contract. Even leaving the Heartlands teams out as they aren't professional, the players WF would have who'd still be considered on the development path would just disappear into 14 teams. Not much point sending the likes of Prior out for a run-around thinking it'll make much difference, but there are some who definitely need some high level rugby as they'll be getting next to nothing now. If RA can't make it happen, someone needs to.

Player
    vCash
    Coaches Players Fans …. Everyone is losing out with this crap Australia A concept….. GRR !!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I don't have a problem with Australia A, think it could even be expanded if they bent their minds to making it pay, but it is no replacement for an NRC. It is targeted at a completely different group of players.

vCash
    If the wants its players to play for top 6 clubs then why can't the clubs - and general public - require the play in the top 6 of their comp?

That's too much to ask for, is it?

Champion
    vCash
    There is a massive cultural divide in our rugby here in WA. You have a professional organisation that has to be profitable, the pool from which this organisation can draw players in this state is small and in itself clubs are divided on loyalties. The community rugby clubs don't really care about the professional mob. They care more about who is poaching whom, who has bought whom and how unfairly they are treated. It's been like that since last century and will not change. The professional mob are between a rock and a hard place. I wonder what each of us would do if we were running the Force?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast