Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thank you Nick Taylor

vCash
    Paywalls on main stream media websites don't help either - one of the reasons the AFL, NRL and Cricket Australia invested heavily in their websites and internal media operations (Until News Ltd had a cry).

Can't really blame the East Coast media for not carrying stories about the Force, they'd likely rely on a local reporter over here (Fairfax owns WAToday for example). A story on a team on the otherside of the country probably doesn't generate enough clicks for a website like the SMH.

Agree that the local media should have more but like I said, the West is obsessed with the WCE and probably the Scorchers for this week.

Someone here go study journalism

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Paywalls on main stream media websites don't help either - one of the reasons the AFL, NRL and Cricket Australia invested heavily in their websites and internal media operations (Until News Ltd had a cry).

Can't really blame the East Coast media for not carrying stories about the Force, they'd likely rely on a local reporter over here (Fairfax owns WAToday for example). A story on a team on the otherside of the country probably doesn't generate enough clicks for a website like the SMH.

Agree that the local media should have more but like I said, the West is obsessed with the WCE and probably the Scorchers for this week.

Someone here go study journalism
    Understand about the Eastern States, website clicks and so on.
    Don't need to study journalism to get a job at The West do you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Understand about the Eastern States, website clicks and so on.
    Don't need to study journalism to get a job at The West do you?
    Given the amount of news.com.au content that comes straight from Reddit I think a journalism qualification takes 5 minutes these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Paywalls on main stream media websites don't help either (some of them are as easy to bypass as they were when mainstream media first started their internet portals - The Worst isn't one of them )

Can't really blame the East Coast media for not carrying stories about the Force, they'd likely rely on a local reporter over here (Fairfax owns WAToday for example).
    I generally get my Fairfax Rugby & NRL stories on the WA Today site as well as local/international news. Don't really look for local BBL or AFL pieces there but it might be interesting to see how they are treated compared to the WF. It's fine for us rusted on's to read other sites for our sports coverage but I've always had a bit of a tin hat outlook on the local media's lack of Rugby/NRL coverage. WAToday is basically a cut and paste of the SMH, apart from a smattering of local news/politics. It is a real negative with regard to raising the profile. Your not paranoid if they really are out to get you.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    he was a like a stream of bats piss.
    he shone out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark.

one of my favourite memories was bumping into him in queenstown, running late, on the way to he captains run.
    we jumped on a bus, but found ourselves on the wrong road.
    we had to cross a live golf course, much to the anger of local golfers.
    then negotiate the aquatic centre to get to the practice oval for nick to get his photos and interviews.
    we were glad we made it, cameron shephard had come back from a long injury and looked sharp & hungry.
    we put a bet on him to score first and won a few hundred (drinks were taken)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cider my arse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2