Fri, Nov 4, 2022, 4:54 AM
ACT Brumbies Media

The ACT Brumbies are excited to announce Brumby #64 Scott Fava will return to the club as Super W head coach until the end of 2024.

A Super Rugby champion in 2004 and a Wallaby, Fava made 46 appearances in ACT colours from 2002 to 2005 before making the move to Perth to join the Western Force.

Fava took charge of the Wallaroos Defence at the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand and will continue in that role with the national team moving forward.

ACT Brumbies Super W head coach, Scott Fava said: “I’m so excited to be back at the ACT Brumbies.”

“It’s obviously a special place to my family and I, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to be part of a special time for Women’s rugby in this part of the world.”

ACT Brumbies General Manager of Professional Rugby and Pathways, Chris Thomson said: “We’re fortunate to be in a position to bring Scott back to the Brumbies at what is an important time for Super W and Women’s rugby in Australia.”

“Scott brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to the role, and his time spent within the Wallaroos setup will have only added to that so we’re supportive of him continuing in both roles.

“Our next focus is putting the right support staff around Scott, and that process is already underway in conjunction with Rugby Australia.”

Rugby Australia General Manager, National High-Performance Programs, Adrian Thomson said: “This is a fantastic appointment for the ACT Brumbies and one we support at Rugby Australia.”

“Scott has done a good job with the Wallaroos forwards, and we believe the national team will benefit from Scott spending even more time coaching at the top level.”

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/brumby...-coach-2022113