Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eddie Jones to replace Dave Rennie as Wallabies coach

vCash
    Will he be allowed to use all overseas-based players?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    A little clarification required here please. Are Mungos who played GPS and made the Oz schools team still soulless? Wottabout junior mungos who are enticed by GPS scholarships & make Oz schools only to go back to RL? Is that biting the hand that didn't feed you quite enough? Do they therefore have to go through a purification ritual in order to get their souls back. Or what?
    Are you talking about mungos who steal GPS playing spots from good, honest, hardworking rugby men?

Fuggin scabs the lot of em

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Are you talking about mungos who steal GPS playing spots from good, honest, hardworking rugby men?

Fuggin scabs the lot of em
    Well that's half an answer. But not very creative. I guess I'll just have to wait for Eddie to recruit a couple.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Pretty impressed with EJ at the RA presser today. Great fun especially some banter with & about past players. The Bad Egg copping a few well aimed snipes .

Refreshing to see a coach straight shooting without any of the usual coach-speak that says very little.

Well worth a squizz.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I felt that as expected the presser appeared be very stage managed, nothing that was not expected, even the journalists questions seemed tempered.

It is the first step and I would not have expected anything different.

I was dissapointed but it was as expected that the national reach of the game was generally ignored or not mentioned and it seemed to be very Sydney centric with a smattering of Queensland comments.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    the journalists questions seemed tempered.
    I'd probably put that down to the journos not wanting to be verbally skewered rather than stage managment.

We're you disappointed by his comments about how Wallabies would select themselves? That'll do me if he sticks to it - not always been the case before. Unfortunately Pasitoa won't have much time to get on his list of 10's for 2023.

vCash
    The question that occurred to me after ruminating on the video a little bit and remembering (sometimes not too clearly) stuff that has been said previously around various sources.

I remember somewhere, somebody saying that Randwick are proponents of an aggressive, fast moving, attack oriented style of rugby (can't cite that source, sorry, perhaps one of our Sydney brethren could either confirm or tell me to shut up)

Eddie, in the conference mentioned that the Aussie style of rugby was exactly that. Ball in hand, aggressive, attacking etc

He also mentioned at one point that there was a time when Aussie rugby was in the doldrums "with some confusion in style, a bit Queensland/New South Wales" Then the Ella boys came a long and "redefined the way the game was played"

Now, I initially took that statement with a bit of a grain of salt, but then I thought about it.

Cheika, a Randwick product, continually talked about this being the "Aussie style of Rugby"
    Jones, a Randwick product, has returned to this concept
    The Ellas, Randwick products, redefined the game to play using this concept.

My question?

Is "the Aussie style of rugby, actually just the Randwick style of rugby regardless of the background that any other player comes with?

If this is the case, surely the best way to develop cohesion in the Wallabies would be to select the Randwick First grade team for the Wallabies and play the way they've played (probably since Under 10s)

Do the powers that be realise this undertone?
    Is it deliberate?
    Are we moving in a centralised direction to ensure that all Aussie rugby teams from under 10s up play Randwick rugby?

Food for thought

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Cheika, a Randwick product, continually talked about this being the "Aussie style of Rugby"
    Jones, a Randwick product, has returned to this concept
    The Ellas, Randwick products, redefined the game to play using this concept.

My question?

Is "the Aussie style of rugby, actually just the Randwick style of rugby regardless of the background that any other player comes with?

If this is the case, surely the best way to develop cohesion in the Wallabies would be to select the Randwick First grade team
    I thought you may be on to something there. But that didn't work for Cheika as first Bob Dwyer (despite being Randwick), then The Parrot, then Dwyer again, didn't select that way despite Cheika playing well for NSW. So he missed out for a decade. Eddie Jones had a similar fate. Everyone in Sydney thought it was Eddie's turn in 1989 but Dwyer added insult to injury & selected Kearns from the Reggies instead (TV audiences hold that grudge too). Are they both still dirty; or are they trying to right a wrong?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    gee the parrot game Jones(the other) a real glowing endorsement

vCash
    Eddie Jones............a follow up opinion from Gus Gould after the Stan interview.

Cameron Murray to the Wallabies? I'd say yes, but for 2027.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noDfrzg4K34

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2