Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coaches call

Champion
    vCash

Coaches call

Anyone got access to this zoom link to the Coaches Pre-Season Briefing 6:30 today?
    Wouldn't mind a listen or an update on what they say.
    Diamond, Platinum or Gold Members get it I think.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Diamond, Platinum or Gold Members get it .
    Its not Racist. But I am sure its some kind of -ist

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Excellent Zoom Meeting and looks like we have a great coaching team to drive the team this year.

Summary:

Good is the enemy of great, we need to aim to be great.

Focus on Skill Set, Mind Set and Structure.

Players need to understand the land (Western Australia) and the people (West Australians) that they represent.

Pillars: Team First, Honesty Trust Vulnerability, Shared values and goal, HP communication, Celebrate team and individual success.

Working on good to great transition.

Looks like Henry Robertson is a long term injury and a replacement is coming in

Tom Horton coming in to provide additional hooker cover.

Super impressed with Simon Cron and his team, and I am excited for 2023.

Lets get behind the team and show our support

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Excellent Zoom Meeting and looks like we have a great coaching team to drive the team this year.

Summary:

Good is the enemy of great, we need to aim to be great.

Focus on Skill Set, Mind Set and Structure.

Players need to understand the land (Western Australia) and the people (West Australians) that they represent.

Pillars: Team First, Honesty Trust Vulnerability, Shared values and goal, HP communication, Celebrate team and individual success.

Working on good to great transition.

Looks like Henry Robertson is a long term injury and a replacement is coming in

Tom Horton coming in to provide additional hooker cover.

Super impressed with Simon Cron and his team, and I am excited for 2023.

Lets get behind the team and show our support
    How disappointing is it to lose Michael McDonald only for his replacement/preferred option to get injured...

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    How disappointing is it to lose Michael McDonald only for his replacement/preferred option to get injured...
    How disappointing it was to have a coach who wouldn't give Michael McDonald any reasonable game time (once he showed his fitness in 2022).

Sadly he and Carlo left the West when they played in the U20s and the WF were still in the wilderness. They were both lured by the spin from the Tahs. Neither got much game time with the Tahs due to injury and selection preferences.

I share Michael and his family's frustration and don't blame him for having a go in Ireland where he can at least play the game he loves. Unfortunately, he doesn't appear to be getting much game time with Ulster.

Last edited by andrewg; 19-01-23 at 22:38.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Its not Racist. But I am sure its some kind of -ist
    Elitist? Rich List? Zoom licence limit list?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Elitist? Rich List? Zoom licence limit list?
    The zoom was hosted by minderoo, so I don't think there's be a problem with user limits.The coaches all spoke well, had massive raps for George poolman and talked a lot about skills under pressure.When asked what their pass mark was they all agreed they wouldn't be happy until they're number 1I think that'll take some time to build, but I'm encouraged by the mindset, now it's time to deliver.

C'mon the

vCash
    They also spoke highly of Marley Pearce who was a standout in the u19 team this year and good to hear that they will manage his progress as he is still young and they want to build most importantly with him and what he wants to achieve.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I share Michael and his family's frustration and don't blame him for having a go in Ireland where he can at least play the game he loves. Unfortunately, he doesn't appear to be getting much game time with Ulster.
    Dissapointing for Michael as he has only managed to get 19 Minutes at Ulster to date:

Name:  Screenshot 2023-01-20 103704.png
Views: 793
Size:  32.8 KB

Stats thanks to allrugby.com

vCash
    Looks like we are finally getting media coverage in the West.

Ben Smith

Article on Simon Cron

To make sure he gets the exposure and we show thats what we want to see in the West, I have put the link above and only part of the article below.

Super Rugby: New Western Force coach Simon Cron focused on wins and performance as he takes over the reigns

Simon Cron is blunt, but in an endearing way; his words are not laced with cliche and spin.

It makes sense he used to be a forwards coach, given his no-nonsense nature would not be out place in the trenches of a ruck.

There is a conviction in the way the new Western Force coach talks, a belief and confidence which never feels like it is on show simply to paper over the cracks.....

Click on the link for more

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So he's coached under the direction of Steve Henry. That's gotta be good, no? Or was it Sir Graham Hansen?

But yeah, good to see some print media coverage.

Champion
    vCash
    Pretty much what we heard before but I suppose it's better than nothing to get something. Would be good to get some news or something fresh though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Pretty much what we heard before but I suppose it's better than nothing to get something. Would be good to get some news or something fresh though.
    Tbh, coverage in the west will never match what committed lunatics like us can dredge out of the bowels of the internet.It's about getting a message in front of a new set of eyes.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    So he's coached under the direction of Steve Henry. That's gotta be good, no? Or was it Sir Graham Hansen?

But yeah, good to see some print media coverage.
    Looks like someone at The Worst has been spying around here. It's been changed.

vCash

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast