Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Super Rugby Pacific 2023 Teams: All the team news for Round 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Prior mostly seems to react to pressure at the breakdown by standing around waiting for his forwards to give him the platform that he wants. Fines just gets it out of there like he should, or dives in to help secure the ball, like he should.
    Aimless box kicking was another major problem from him, which you can't really blame on the forwards either.

Way more upside to Fines that Prior as far as I'm concerned, in both the short and long term.

No doubt having a better platform from the forwards would help them both though. They'll have their work cut out for them again this weekend with the likes of McReight and Daugunu over the ball
    I don't think it's unfair to say that Prior has a wider, faster, flatter pass and better field vision. I think that has been proven over the last couple of seasons (and let's not forget, I was leading the Prior's too old brigade a couple of years ago) I reckon if Finesey managed to sharpen his passing up, I don't think there'd be a question that he's the bloke to go with. Unfortunately though, there is still a valid question over who is best and that really means that Fines-Leleiwasa hasn't developed sufficiently in the last few years, let's face it a grandparent (in rugby terms) is making it hard to decide

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    OK. I'll tell that old bloke who sits next to me next time I see him. He might find it a little difficult to take his seat though. I reckon he might have some delicate body parts frozen off in the intervening period. At least his beer won't get warm.
    next time you see him we’ll be there as well. I’ll make sure to share lots of evidence of his misery.
    Already off to a good start, they landed in Vancouver on Tuesday and found all this white stuff on the ground. It’s been years since Vancouver had that much snow on the ground in March. At least it started to prepare him for our place😂

Anyway back to the Rugby, someone mentioned the changing attack direction. I was excited watching it and seeing it work. Especially as it seemed that the whole team were ready for it and weren’t flat footed or surprised. I was getting frustrated last year with shovelling the ball along and if they did change the direction everyone was caught out and unprepared ending with a turnover or dropped ball.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I think Isaac lost a year of development when he warmed the bench …. then played wing ??? at the Brumbies WTF .., He is a supremely talented half back ( Wallabies material) It will be a few games before he is back to his best but he will be influential this season….. Go Force !!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6