Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force v Moana Pasifika Sat 11 March 2023

vCash

Western Force v Moana Pasifika Sat 11 March 2023

Name:  FqvjUhsaUAA-k9i.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  62.7 KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Under the circumstance not a bad team

Great to see Rahboni Vosayaco joining on what must be a medical recruitment, finally a big body physical loose forward.

Rest more or less as expected.

Good to finally see Nikolai off the bench, will be interesting to see how he goes at this level.

Pulu back and team and bench look well balanced, worried about centres but lets see how we go

Thrush as captain, who would have though.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    finally a big body physical loose forward.

Rest more or less as expected.......

worried about centres but lets see how we go
    Yes a big body; but this will still be where we are out-gunned. The midfield will need quick service for an attempt at running some of those behemoths around. Defence through that channel is the question mark. So tire them out, if

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Has anyone heard anything regarding Spink’s hammy injury?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Will Prior be benched if he throws another atrocious intercept?

I'm normally a fan of his due to a great passing game but two bonehead intercepts in two games makes that assessment pretty bloody suspect at this point.

C'mon the

vCash
    Prior starting at 9 is rather mystifying given his performances so far. Should really be out of the 23 to give our other 9 a go.
    Pretty rough on Jackson to not get the starting 8 gig also.

What's the word on Foliaki? Hopefully a centre with some decent potential??
    Is Kibirige injured? He's been OK so far, so surprised to see him drop out of the 23, especially since all positions are well covered by the versatility of players like Hegarty, Stewart and Kuenzle except for wing.

Hoping for a good result, but am very nervous we may get soundly beaten by a Pasifika side which has looked decent so far this season.

vCash
    Our younger players need to nurtured and brought into the team slowly and exposed to super rugby methodically and in calculated manner. They should not be thrown into the deep end to see if they can swim as it will probaly not bode well.

I commend the coaching team on their handling of Jackson and George, they will hopefully be mainstays in our future teams if we treat them right.

Rohboni Warren Vasyoco is a big phyiscal number 8, just what the doctor ordered and a great get. (see post below)

Pulu when fit is all class and no question a starter.

Nikolai Foliaki is a big centre, but proably short on game time having been injured in pre season and Poolman is still learning his craft but showing great potential and therefore I have no problem with the bench slots.

In need Tiatia can cover wing.

The surprise is Prior but he must be showing something on the training track and / or Simpson is not or may be carrying a niggle.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Tazzmania; 09-03-23 at 14:44.

vCash
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-03-09 144221.png
Views: 597
Size:  21.5 KB

vCash
    Great write up on rugby.com.au

Rahboni Warren- Vosayaco thrust into Force starting side

Love the second last paragraph:

With Wells and lock Jeremy Williams both ruled out as a result of failed HIA, coach Simon Cron was forced to 'pull the trigger', signing the former Sunwolves backrower on an injury cover deal.

"We've been working on a depth chart in-behind players that we've got and we were looking at players still training and playing in Super Rugby franchises who are ready to go," Cron told reporters.

"We've been tracking Rahboni for the last six weeks and as soon as Jeremy Williams and Michael Wells both HIA'd, we had to pull the trigger so we were talking with his agent for a while now.

"Rahboni, what a legend! I called him and he said 'when do you need me?' and I said 'I could do with you hoping on a flight this afternoon' and he's an hour and a half from the airport and drove straight there to jump on a plane.

"What a great human to come fill that void on an injury cover contract."

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Our chances have improved a little with Moana affected by injuries also:

Pasifika (1-15): Abraham Pole, Samiuela Moli, Sueten Asomua, Alex McRobbie, Mike McKee, Miracle Faiilagi, Solomone Funaki, Lotu Inisi, Ereatara Enari, Lincoln McClutchie, Anzelo Tuitavuki, Danny Toala, Fine Inisi, Timoci Tavatavanawai, William Havili.

Reserves: Luteru Tolai, Ezekiel Lindenmuth, Isi Tu’ungafasi, Potu Leavasa, Jonah Mau’u, Manu Paea, Henry Taefu, Levi Aumua.

Referee: Jordan Way

Michael Curry (neck), Samuel Slade (ribs) and Christian Lealiiifano (concussion) are all unavailable.

Not doing too badly when you've got someone as damaging as Aumua coming off the bench though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Prior starting at 9 is rather mystifying given his performances so far. Should really be out of the 23 to give our other 9 a go.
    Pretty rough on Jackson to not get the starting 8 gig also.

What's the word on Foliaki? Hopefully a centre with some decent potential??
    Is Kibirige injured? He's been OK so far, so surprised to see him drop out of the 23, especially since all positions are well covered by the versatility of players like Hegarty, Stewart and Kuenzle except for wing.

Hoping for a good result, but am very nervous we may get soundly beaten by a Pasifika side which has looked decent so far this season.
    re Prior, if I was Simon Cron, I would be telling him hes on his last chance. Throw another bonehead telegraphed intercept and you will be the starting 9 for soaks for the rest of your career.

(don't shout at me, I literally couldn't be bothered looking up who he's actually attached to so just went with best guess)

C'mon the

vCash
    LOL Jackson won the starting spot with Auckland in the NPC, keeping it for finals and some rookie coach still keeps him on the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    LOL Jackson won the starting spot with Auckland in the NPC, keeping it for finals and some rookie coach still keeps him on the bench.
    Good point, but we don't know whether the reason is a niggling injury or somesuch. But I'd better not start speculating in injuries.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    If the Coach knows that the player is off somewhere else next year would that change the mind set?

Heaps here keep saying we can't keep chopping and changing each year, and need consistency, could this be the answer, the one's getting the starts are here for the longer term?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I watched all the NPC games that involved the Force players in 2022 and I was the poster on this site giving you the stats and summaries of our players involved.

Jackson was great and grabbed the opportunity he was given, however the NPC is a level down from Super Rugby and I believe in the interests of his longegivity that he still needs a bit more time to develop as he has huge potential. The coaches are going down the right track with him and ensuring that they nurture him correctly.

PS He is already signed for next year as well

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast