Views: 714
Size:  106.9 KB

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Not a bad looking team considering.
    Great to see Gareth Simpson getting a crack. Rather interesting he's straight into the starting team over Fines-Leleiwasa, but perhaps he's increasingly being seen as more of a finisher.
    Would've preferred Well was left out altogether as Pugh and Anstee have looked better than him.

I haven't been convinced by Kuenzle at 13 - it seems 12 is really his position but Hamish has been very good. So would've be good to try Manasa, Poolman or Foliaki at 13 instead.

Kalapu surely deserving of a start after his performances to date as well, but happy with our 3 locks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Agreed I would have gone Kalapu over Williams and Anstee over Wells, but it's interesting that Wells has shifted to 6, perhaps an assessment that he hasn't given enough from 8?

I also believe that Anstee needs a bit more bulk to truly own the 6 jersey.

Fines-Leleiwasa retaining the bench isn't as important as Stitch being dropped altogether. I haven't seen anything to suggest it's injury related, so will assume that he's just not showing enough. It's not a perfect assessment because both 9s have been bashed as a result of forwards not being effective at the breakdown but this has been less noticeable when Fines enters the field at about 60.

Mataele to the bench is also a big story, IMHO he hasn't been himself this year, pretty ineffective where he was a monster last year. having Kibirige and Pulu suggests we'll be looking to move the Landers around and tire them out, which I think will be a good strategy if we can keep them from scoring.

C'mon the

vCash
    If you listen to the Simon Cron press conference in the other thread, he explains the changes.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I really like the look of Kalapu. Taking for granted the coaches know how many minutes he can get ATM. Maybe for now they see him as an impact player who makes some good line-breaks when the game is up for grabs. I really liked Rahaboni's debut. Putting in a shift like that virtually off the plane was impressive. Hope he's a keeper. Speaking of big shifts; Robertson & Medrano were huge. Hope they refreshed well & can back-up. Simpson is a mystery pick. But as has been mentioned - we don't know what we don't know. Not willing to write Keunzle off as 13 yet. He was good at 12 last year. To quote the second biggest bullshitter in the U.S., we'll see what happens.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    If anyone wants to have a look at Gareth Simpson there’s a bit on YouTube playing at 9 and 10 in SA .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    If anyone wants to have a look at Gareth Simpson there’s a bit on YouTube playing at 9 and 10 in SA .
    And a couple Worcester games on Stan Sport before they got canned.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Kudos to Ben Smith from The West finally we are getting coverage and it sounded like he asked a few questions at the press conference as well.

Western Force coach Simon Cron aiming for 80-minute performance ahead of away clash with Highlanders

Western Force coach Simon Cron wants an 80-minute performance as much as a win when his side kick off their three-game New Zealand trip against the Highlanders on Sunday.

After two wins from their opening three games, the Force sit sixth in the league, but Cron has been vocal about the need to improve consistency within games.

The Force may have lost five games on the trot against the Highlanders and Cron said the ladder did not tell the full story with the bottom-placed Kiwis.....

To ensure we keep getting coverage we need to visit the articles so I have only put in the intro.......

Click here for more

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So Faainga may not pass muster. I dont see too big an issue with Horton coming in if needed.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Seen a couple of stories about Gareth Simpson The West saying he is recently acquired and RA claiming he was some kind of secret signing.
    Shows how much notice journos take of us. He played in the trial against Fiji.
    Big secret huh

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Not a bad looking team considering.
    Great to see Gareth Simpson getting a crack. Rather interesting he's straight into the starting team over Fines-Leleiwasa, but perhaps he's increasingly being seen as more of a finisher.
    Would've preferred Well was left out altogether as Pugh and Anstee have looked better than him.

I haven't been convinced by Kuenzle at 13 - it seems 12 is really his position but Hamish has been very good. So would've be good to try Manasa, Poolman or Foliaki at 13 instead.

Kalapu surely deserving of a start after his performances to date as well, but happy with our 3 locks

Agree with all of this but we have 3 matches on tour in NZ so I am sure he will use the whole squad, so next game he will probably go back to prior, Pugh, kalapu etc. actually starting Pugh against some of his old Auckland teammates would be a good call

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Ian Prior has the weekend off to attend his sisters wedding down south this weekend and he will rejoin the team next week, you heard it here first as always

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    what's his sister doing ,getting married in the rugby season,she should know better,lol

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Ian Prior has the weekend off to attend his sisters wedding down south this weekend and he will rejoin the team next week, you heard it here first as always
    whether he takes the field should be dependent upon how well the two playing this week go though shouldn't it?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    whether he takes the field should be dependent upon how well the two playing this week go though shouldn't it?
    If his sister was not getting married, I would say that he would still be starting this week, despite some of the thoughts here, so that may not be the case GIGS, time will tell....

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast