Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Blues v Force Eden Park 26 March 2023

Senior Player
    vCash
    Also, great debut from Marley Pearce. He did not look out of place

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Individual players playing well individually - if they could just get their shit together at the same time consistently would make a big difference. Really like Hamish’s running, he always takes the run straight ahead & puts some other boys to shame. Kicking ball away does my head in! And Bayley left 7 points on the field, has he now forgotten how to kick? Saw Isaac get yanked by the hair at one stage - ref no comment. Kiwi teams always have a player running off the shoulder in support, is it that hard to do? And yes - they really need to analyse the refs.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Awful lot of passengers in the forwards in the first half. As soon as Wells, Williams and Faingaa came off we started to show some goods. Jeez the front rowers were immense. Kuenzle in defence had to do a lot of work as well, but for fuq sake keep him away from the goal kicks.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    All in all I think a much more connected performance, not good enough to stick with the blues, but I think if we had some more of our big names on the field the story would have been different.

Anstee looked great as a hybrid 7/6, spink, kibirige and Simpson were threatening the whole game. Tiatia and pulu were brilliant.just some of the little finishing off things to touch up on.

Poolman with another dumb play throwing a pass that shouldn't have been thrown, surely he's on last chance.

I liked Stewart at 10 this week.

It would have been nice to get those 2 advantages and we were cruelled by virtually no reffing at the breakdown, including them taking our halfback out 3 times and again cleaning miles past the ruck.

With stuff like that being ignored last week, being stuffed by the same thing this week suggests the coaches aren't sufficiently analysing refs.
    Australian sides are too honest when it comes to the dark art’s always have been. But yet again the captain was saying sweet bugger to the ref about it.
    As for Poolman maybe it’s time to give him a rest.
    Strachan looked pretty tidy when he came on as well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The little things make the difference. Mistakes made at vital moments

I’ve not seen Medrano have a better game
    Kalapu was very good
    Spink carried so well & makes a huge difference defensively. Hard Hard bloke
    Back 3 impressed
    Callan offers so much but undoes his good stuff with stupid mistakes
    Poolman is too loose
    Hamish is the hardest tacking 10 in the comp

Wells again way too quiet

Better. But some way to go yet

And congrats Marley!

vCash
    Tiatia was immense too, at one stage he did about 4 consecutive tackles, jumping up and onto the next! Wish they all showed as much initiative as some players seem to go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Tiatia was immense too, at one stage he did about 4 consecutive tackles, jumping up and onto the next! Wish they all showed as much initiative as some players seem to go to sleep.
    Think you’ve nailed it Valzc! We always seem to be one man short. If they all played to their potential we would have more Ws than Ls!
    Definitely a better performance than the game against the Reds but I don’t think much improvement on last week. Certainly didn’t help have having Hegarty dropping out at the last minute. Front row were fantastic and If Medrano isn’t mentioned in the team of the week I’ll put my tinfoil hat back on. Disappointed that we lost yet again but at least it wasn’t a cricket score. Next week will be a whole new story.

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I dont get Poolman. He just seems like a bunny caught in the headlights whenever he is on the field.

What am I missing?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Next week will be a whole new story.
    Maybe not. They might take the opportunity to rest their AB's too; play well again then belt the Tahs. Considering our situation, not totally frustrating today.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I dont get Poolman. He just seems like a bunny caught in the headlights whenever he is on the field.

What am I missing?
    His age and experience at this level?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    His age and experience at this level?
    Maybe one of the leadership group / coaches could have a word and tell him to cut the dumb shit out.

No speccy passing, take the ball in to contact and retain possession. Don’t get isolated etc

Last edited by WFDom; 27-03-23 at 09:01.

Veteran
    vCash
    to be honest, i thought they played well, and better than expected. We didn't quite close out those opportunities, but man, this is the first year in many that i remember actually making the opportunities.

Like many are saying, the back three have been electric. Pulu, Kibannaci and TiaTia have been wow. i also dont remember the last time i constantly saw dominating tackles.

I rubbished the team at the start of the year. i hope that i am wrong, but i really feel like it is coming together. I feel bit bad for Kuenzle. He is obviously NOT a kicker, but is there in the absence of anyone else.

Kicking is an issue - we need a kicker to be able to get points and decent field position.

My whinge from the game - The Blues constantly took us past the ruck, and held on past the ruck, or brought them to ground, past the ruck. It is all on the edge of legal, but never quite over it. would have loved this to been brought to the refs attention, as it could have been managed better. I saw a comment above where we always seemed a man short, i think this is part of the reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Wells again way too quiet
    !
    Not sure what you want from Wells, he played 40 Minutes, scored 1 Try, made 11 Tackles missed 1, won 1 lineout and conceded 1 penalty. For 40 minutes that is a huge amount of tackles.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Not sure what you want from Wells, he played 40 Minutes, scored 1 Try, made 11 Tackles missed 1, won 1 lineout and conceded 1 penalty. For 40 minutes that is a huge amount of tackles.
    I think we are all a bit bitter at him swanning in and taking the captaincy away from a player that we like/are familiar with. he needs to be a pockok for us to be happy. He is also a quiet grafter, not a flashy obvious player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Awful lot of passengers in the forwards in the first half. As soon as Wells, Williams and Faingaa came off we started to show some goods. Jeez the front rowers were immense. Kuenzle in defence had to do a lot of work as well, but for fuq sake keep him away from the goal kicks.
    Please look at the stats to see the hard work some of the players you mention are passengers:

Wells see my post above.

Williams: 13 Tackles 3 missed, 2 Turnovers won, made 12 metres with 6 carries, line outs won 5.

Faingaa: 2 carries for 2 Metres, 15 Tackles 1 missed, and 1 turn over won.

I would not classify those stats as passeneger stats.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast