Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eddie's first Wallabies squad

vCash
    Quite interesting that ex-Force Richie Arnold is to attend via Zoom - he's active in Top 14 - while his twin does not get a mention. Because he's not playing?? He could be if he wants - in Perth!

In other news; Mungo journalist Danny Weidler is claiming that (ex-Wanneroo) Waqa Blake's agent is shopping for a Rugby contract. Also claiming, after interviewing Jones, that Cameron Murray, Nathan Cleary and/or Matt Burton are top of his wish list. Jones is claimed to have said that he wouldn't disrespect Murray by asking him to walk out on Souths while he's under contract (end of 2025). If that's true and he treats all contracts as sacrosanct he won't go after Cleary or Burton till the end of 2027 - pull the other one. But keep reeling 'em in Eddy - any publicity & all that.

He has already interviewed Nelson Asofa-Solomona (27, a kiwi with 8 years residence). He and Blake are off contract this year. At 27, is Blake a good fit for 13 over here next season? Maybe so, but he'd have to take a pay cut. I'd be surprised if RA would chip in. Unless says he'd stay in NSW, of course.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    So, who do we think would have been good to see in the squad from the Force?

contenders (and eligible) for playing well:
    - Anstee
    - Spink
    - Thrush
    - Horton?
    - Tiatia

It is hard to pull out specific players! I think kiribige and hegarty is not eligible. Not one from the second row is really peaking, despite having decent set piece play. Fines has been good when he gets on and i think Strachan has the ability to be a great 10, his passing and vision have been crisp, but not enough game time to really show it, especially coming off the bench. I want to see him start.
    Not many Force players in the player stats:
    Callan sitting third for tackles won.
    Antsee sitting ninth for tackles won.
    Hegarty sitting eighth for points.
    Williams sitting sixth for line outs won.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2