Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Redemption Against the Landers

vCash
    Looks like a good balance, great to see Wells, Hegarty and Pulu back.

Decent bench too

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Senior Player
    vCash
    Is that the confirmed team Tazz?
    Sorry mate just seen your update.

vCash
    Name:  FuH5GPuWwAUv0cA.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  63.3 KB

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    FORCE !

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Wells and Hegarty return for Highlanders clash
    Thu, Apr 20, 2023, 9:55 AM
    by Western Force Media

Western Force head coach Simon Cron has made four changes to his starting XV to take on the Highlanders at HBF Park on Saturday night.

Captain Michael Wells returns after three weeks on the sideline with an Achilles tendon strain. His leadership and direction on the pitch are vital in the Force's resurgence at home. Pairing up with Anstee and Callan in the back-row, the captains control and influence will be welcomed against a strong Highlander pack.

Bryce Hegarty is fit and back in the mix, named at fly-half for his third match in front of the Sea of Blue. Consistent back pain ruled him out for the last three matches, so with the injection of his experience against a powerful Highlanders outfit, the team is lifted heading into Saturdays match.

The back three continue to build their partnership, with the inclusion of Toni Pulu, back from a knee injury, pace is not lost on the right wing. After a try-of-the-year contender in last week's match against the Waratahs, Zack Kibirige is unavailable for selection, ruled out with hamstring soreness.

The front row remains unchanged, with Tom Horton coming into his own, knocking up solid performances. Felix Kalapu returns to the starting XV at lock, linking up with ever-consistent Jeremy Williams.

The Force has conceded just 85 turnovers in the 2023 Super Rugby Pacific season, fewer than any other team in the competition and 18 fewer than the Highlanders (103). The team will be looking to hold this form in front of the home crowd this Saturday.

Tom Robertson
    Tom Horton
    Santiago Medrano
    Felix Kalapu Jr.
    Jeremy Williams
    Tim Anstee
    Ollie Callan
    Michael Wells
    Issak Fines-Leleiwasa
    Bryce Hegarty
    Manasa Mataele
    Hamish Stewart
    Sam Spink
    Toni Pulu
    Chase Tiatia
    Feleti Kaitu’u
    Angus Wagner
    Siosifa Amone
    Ryan McCauley
    Rahboni Vosayaco
    Ian Prior
    Bayley Kuenzle
    George Poolman
    GAME DETAILS Super W: Force vs Brumbies

Saturday, April 22 | HBF PARK | 3:05 PM AWST

Super Rugby Pacific: Force vs Highlanders

Saturday, April 22 | HBF PARK | 5:35 PM AWST

https://westernforce.rugby/news/well...-clash-2023420

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Owen View Post
    Surely this is the week Stewart gets to show us why he should play 10

Poolman or kuenzle back to 12 but haven’t been overly impressed with either there really
    Im sorry - I just don't think Poolman is ready for SuperRugby.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Captain Michael Wells returns after three weeks on the sideline with an Achilles tendon strain. His leadership and direction on the pitch are vital in the Force's resurgence at home

I’m not sure there’s any truth in that!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Wouldn't necessarily disagree X, but Australian rugby being what it is, how does he become ready for SR without playing SR...?

Senior Player
    vCash
    I can feel it my bones considering the, 2 new signings as well, that this weekend will be the resurgence of our season. After the bumfight low light game we had last week I reckon the lads are gonna be super pumped for this game!
    Confidence is growing now.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Wouldn't necessarily disagree X, but Australian rugby being what it is, how does he become ready for SR without playing SR...?
    Im sorry mate. I don't have an answer for that one either.

well, actually I do - but I break another of my own rules doing it.

(Rule - Dont Spend Andrew Forrests money)

I believe that Global Rapid Rugby needs to make a comeback. The Force team(Perth Spirit) to be filled with Force Academy players. Its the perfect step between Club Rugby and Super Rugby.

Exile
    Sydney

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It would be a thing, right enough. About the only way I can see an NRC actually happening...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I believe that Global Rapid Rugby needs to make a comeback. The Force team(Perth Spirit) to be filled with Force Academy players. Its the perfect step between Club Rugby and Super Rugby.
    We have four games against the South African Cheetahs already lined up, and at a recent ARN function (I did not attend, however I saw a tweet yesterday) Tony Lewis appeared to mention two possible games against Montpellier away and a Japanese team away as well. So, if correct not a bad hybrid for team development.

PS: George is only twenty years old has a lot of development to go, however I think his earlier introduction was not the plan and more to do with player availabilty especially a cover for 13.I like what I see and the coaches and CEO seem pretty up beat about him.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    We have four games against the South African Cheetahs already lined up, and at a recent ARN function (I did not attend, however I saw a tweet yesterday) Tony Lewis appeared to mention two possible games against Montpellier away and a Japanese team away as well. So, if correct not a bad hybrid for team development.

PS: George is only twenty years old has a lot of development to go, however I think his earlier introduction was not the plan and more to do with player availabilty especially a cover for 13.I like what I see and the coaches and CEO seem pretty up beat about him.
    Listen, I hate that I am bad mouthing a kid. I want him to do well. But, its just hard to get excited about a player when he has a look about him that I can only describe as "Deer in the headlights". He honestly looks like he doesn't want to be there and he is saying to his teammates please don't pass it to me.

I hope he is part of the run on teams with the Cheetahs and Montpellier. The experience can only help him.

Exile
    Sydney

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Force coach unleashes on TMO for missing Swinton hit
    Justin Chadwick
    AAP
    April 20, 2023 3:23PM

Western Force coach Simon Cron has expressed his disgust at how Lachie Swinton's brutal late hit on flyhalf Jake Strachan went unnoticed during Saturday's 36-16 loss to the NSW Waratahs.

Swinton flattened Strachan just 21 seconds into the match after the Force playmaker had completed a clearing kick.

The referee and TMO failed to pick up the incident during the match, despite Strachan going off a few minutes later for a concussion test.

Strachan passed the HIA and returned to the field, but was subbed out at half-time after his condition deteriorated.

The concussion is so bad that Strachan is set to miss a minimum of four weeks.

Swinton was later cited by SANZAAR and slapped with a 10-week ban, which was reduced to seven weeks given Swinton's acceptance of guilt and display of remorse.

If Swinton had received a red card when the incident occurred, it would have put the Force in the box seat to secure a vital victory.

Cron was left flabbergasted at how the incident went unnoticed at the time.

"We saw it live, everyone I've talked to saw it live ... and yet two guys in the (TMO) box with nine cameras missed it," Cron told reporters on Thursday.

"So you've got to ask the question - did they miss it, or did they choose to miss it?

"Because I don't understand how you could miss it."

Force chief executive Tony Lewis has written to Rugby Australia about the incident.

Strachan was allowed to re-enter the field in the first half after being cleared by an independent doctor.

Despite it not being a Force medical staff member who cleared him to return, Cron was feeling some guilt that Strachan was placed at further risk.

"I wish I picked up that he was not good. He was battling to make any calls - structure, system wise," Cron said.

"We had some young leaders out there and they said to me after the game, 'He wasn't talking to us'.

"If I had known that, I would have pulled him off immediately.

"I wish that I had picked up on that myself from the box. I'm disappointed in us we didn't see it.

"I felt bad for Strachy because that's risky, it scares me.

"But ultimately, I think that if it had been dealt with properly the first time (with the TMO addressing the hit), it would have been a lot clearer for everyone."

Swinton's seven-week suspension is the longest ban imposed on an Australian since Brumbies winger Chance Peni was hit with one of similar length five years ago.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ru...hit-c-10405566

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    4 weeks is a big hit indeed. Some of the Tahs supporters are still carrying on about Jorgensen and Harry Johnson Holmes being hit high etc. Just goes to show how bad the officiating was.
    That being said a bonus point win this week will bang us back up into 7th and above them anyway. Giddy up!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast