Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Redemption Against the Landers

Senior Player
    vCash

Home Redemption Against the Landers

Well Strike this up as a first me kick starting a thread.

This weekend redemption time against the southern orks The Landers!
    Whats your predictions,news, gossip or scandal??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Win by a point! 🙏🏼

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Also I read somewhere that Aaron Smith won't be making the trip across due to the death of his father during the week. Shame not to see one of the best 9 of this era playing live again but family always comes first.
    Hope I'm not out of turn, but condolences to Aaron and his family from THE SEA OF BLUE.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think it's gonna be difficult

I assume Jake is out on concussion protocol, Bryce likely still not fit, reesjans can't be expected back, Hamish much more of a 12 than a 10.

If we don't have Simpson, our patched up backline is starting to look really thin on the inside.

Highlanders appear to be leaving a few home, almost understandably.

The only hope we have is that we continue to be inconsistent, so it'll likely be close, but the pattern for this year is to give up three tries and claw it back in the second half.

It pains me to say, but Landers by a couple.

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Surely this is the week Stewart gets to show us why he should play 10

Poolman or kuenzle back to 12 but haven’t been overly impressed with either there really

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Highlanders are our bunnies

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Kuenzle and stewart have both been good at 12, and work ok as 10/12 too since they can interchange and both slot in at first receiver when necessary. Fines and Prior also very good.

The main thing is probably not having last minute changes like we've had to the last few games, with late scratchings to Simpson, Hegarty, Pulu, etc.
    We've got good personnel available in all positions despite the injuries.

If we can be switched on from the kick off not give away easy early points, the sea of blue should be able to bring them home in a tight one!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Highlanders are our bunnies
    Well, someone played like they had myxomatosis a few weeks back. Not sure it was them but...

vCash
    Highlanders Halfback Folau Fakatava ruled out of Force clash
    Story by Finn Morton

Halfback Folau Fakatava has been ruled out of the Highlanders’ round nine clash with the Western Force due to an illness, according to a report out of New Zealand.

As reported by Stuff journalist Paul Cully, the All Black will miss the trans-Tasman derby on Saturday “after failing to make the trip to Australia” earlier this week.

The news comes as another tough blow for the Highlanders, who are also missing Aaron Smith ahead of their crunch clash across the Tasman.

Legendary scrumhalf Aaron Smith has stayed in New Zealand after his father Wayne passed away on Friday.

“It’s probably a good time to recognise him and his family with the passing of his dad” assistant coach Dave Dillon said.

“It’s pretty tough to process at the best of times, so we’re just thinking of them.

“I think you’re all in it together. You feel if it’s important to one person that it’s important to all of you.

“When something like that happens, you reflect on your own experiences and you just offer support and let them know that you’re thinking of them. It’s bigger than the game.”

Following a slow start this year’s Super Rugby Pacific campaign, the Highlanders turned their fortunes around in round four with a win over the Force.

The 43-35 result saw the team from the south bring up their first win of the season, and they’ll look to repeat history in a reverse of that fixture this weekend.

Making the long trip to the west coach of Australia, the Highlanders would leapfrog the Queensland Reds into sixth place with a win on Saturday.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/othe...107ff9f4&ei=99

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah, i am nervous this week :-/

vCash
    That's a huge blow for the landers. Smith and Fakatava are world class.

vCash
    I have it on good authority that a long term TWF member has boarded up his igloo, travelled across the wilds of the arctic by dog-sled and crossed the Nullarbor to show his faith in the team and cheer them home. It's in the bag. Dead set.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    what could possibly go wrong?
    that'll do me

vCash
    Ryan McCauley honours brother this Armed Forces Round
    Wed, Apr 19, 2023, 5:00 PM
    by Western Force Media

The Western Force will play in honour of the service men and women this Saturday, holding a personal sentiment to Force Lock Ryan McCauley.

McCauley "couldn't be closer" to his brother, who is currently serving in the Armed Forces.

This Armed Force Round is extremely important to him and his family, stating he couldn't be prouder of his brother's sacrifices for his country.

"He has sacrificed a lot, living all around Australia and deployed overseas once. I don't often tell him, but I am very proud of him. He loves what he does, and my family is very proud of him, he has worked bloody hard to get to where he is now."

"I will be playing for him this Saturday."

The two of then often sharing stories of their careers, highlighting the similarities in their careers.

"You don't often see what they do, they put a lot of work in behind the scenes. We often talk over dinner about the similarities of our training and leadership structures; this connects us in a way."

"My brother has a membership even though I can give him tickets every week. He and his mates from the Defence Force all get their memberships each year and sit in the same seats; they love it."

"The Defence Force here has a strong connection to rugby, they play Army vs Navy games and love getting around and supporting the Force."

The club's continued efforts each year to uphold our gratitude to those who have served in many ways is not lost on McCauley or the wider playing group.

"Since I've been here, we have emphasised ANZAC Round and supporting our Armed Forces by getting in touch with them throughout the week and season; it's a great thing we do as a club."

When the men face our trans-Tasman counterparts on Saturday night, the match will also symbolise the great mateship that Australian and New Zealanders share—stemming from our allied front on the world's battlefields.

The fixture will feature a traditional ANZAC ceremony along with the National Anthems of Australia and New Zealand, amongst other pre-match activities. McCauley acknowledges that these services each year are a reminder of the selfless acts of his brother and the ones that have served before him.

"The ANZAC Round is a great game to be a part of as we can play our small part and play for those who have sacrificed so much for our country. The players know it's extremely important to honour and play for the men and women who have served and are serving this week."

"The Last Post is a very moving thing; no matter how many times you listen to it, it always reminds me of what the ANZAC’s sacrificed for us."

The Armed Forces round will kick off at HBF Park at 3:05pm with Super W team hosting the brumbies. The men will then face the Highlanders at 5:35pm following the traditional ANZAC ceremony.

https://westernforce.rugby/news/ryan...-round-2023419

vCash
    Team For Saturday:

Tom Robertson
    Tom Horton
    Santiago Medrano
    Felix Kalapu Jr.
    Jeremy Williams
    Tim Anstee
    Ollie Callan
    Michael Wells
    Issak Fines-Leleiwasa
    Bryce Hegarty
    Manasa Mataele
    Hamish Stewart
    Sam Spink
    Toni Pulu
    Chase Tiatia

Feleti Kaitu’u
    Angus Wagner
    Siosifa Amone
    Ryan McCauley
    Rahboni Vosayaco
    Ian Prior
    Bayley Kuenzle
    George Poolman

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast