Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Announcement(s)

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Yes, it is a fricken Greek tragedy, right enough.

If it means the Force is going to end up playing the Brumbies game plan, let's just hope our defence is rapidly brought up to at least their standard. But got a ways to go if that is the case. Had hoped Fines might try and distinguish himself as a half more in the Aaron Smith mould, but that probably won't fly either given the Force has never really shown much ability to switch styles on the run. It'll be one or the other, and I know what my money would be on.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Yes, it is a fricken Greek tragedy, right enough.

If it means the Force is going to end up playing the Brumbies game plan, let's just hope our defence is rapidly brought up to at least their standard. But got a ways to go if that is the case. Had hoped Fines might try and distinguish himself as a half more in the Aaron Smith mould, but that probably won't fly either given the Force has never really shown much ability to switch styles on the run. It'll be one or the other, and I know what my money would be on.
    Andy,I think Cron is more astute than that

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I've no doubt he is, but I'm not sure astute is all that is needed to change a Wallaby incumbent's style of play, or suddenly remould a whole team of existing players into that style of play, or equally suddenly make them all adaptable when there has never been any indication of that to date. He may be the stutest bloke in stute-town, but that doesn't mean he won't also end up having to be pragmatic about what his cattle are capable of, especially the old play-making cattle. Many very highly credentialled coaches have burnt on that pyre...

Of course, he might have astutely pursued White intending to entirely build the team and game plan around that style...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    It will be really interesting to see if the magic of a Force jersey can turn White from being an annoying, cynical pain in the arse into a genuinely good bloke.
    I think you can take that to the bank. What will also be interesting will be how his No.1 Scrummie status goes post RWC and looking towards the Lions Tour. Funny things happen when Rugby players move to the Dark Side of the Moon.

P.S. But really; There is no dark side of the moon. It's all dark.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Andy,I think Cron is more astute than that
    Certainly. And, despite the many set backs this season, nobody could argue that the Cron style and game plans have not been developing. Personally, and in the light of the fact that negotiations are still ongoing, I'm holding out hope that Simpson can still be convinced to stay (has he actually signed to return to the UK?). Otherwise; if White comes and doesn't adapt, I still see a lot of scope in Fines. He suits the "Cron Style". You always have to be wary of players signing here when it's not first preference, I think.

JO'C will be 33 next season. He's still performing well when not injured and I'd be more than happy to see him back - especially if he wants it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Nic White has signed a 2 year deal with the Western Force - source; announced on 6PR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I think you can take that to the bank. What will also be interesting will be how his No.1 Scrummie status goes post RWC and looking towards the Lions Tour. Funny things happen when Rugby players move to the Dark Side of the Moon.

P.S. But really; There is no dark side of the moon. It's all dark.
    I suspect, like Folau, he is moving because they're already pencilling him into the "past his use by date" box.

All that remains now is for him to prove them all wrong. And maybe remain on the field for more than 30% of his contract!

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Is Naisarani only signed for 2023?

vCash
    Yep, only for the 2023 season as per this article: link

Hopefully we can extend that if he finds form, and isn't already contracted in Japan for next year.

vCash
    Fines, Kuenzel and Pasitoa sign on for another 2 years to 2025

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Tazzmania; 17-05-23 at 09:40.
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Senior Player
    vCash
    That is a ripper of a result. Great to see some continuity in some positions.

vCash
    Do we need a thread for speculation/rumours?

Ben Donaldson may be targeted by Force

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/rug...ource=rss_feed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Fines, Kuenzel and Pasitoa sign on for another 2 years to 2025
    You Fuggin Beauty

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Do we need a thread for speculation/rumours?

Ben Donaldson may be targeted by Force

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/rug...ource=rss_feed
    Thanks but no......too hit and miss this season for mine.

I'm on board with an older mentor for Reesjan, but direct competition is a bad idea unless it's somebody who's actually good at the role (Edmed and Harrison are both better prospects IMHO)

Now that I have that off my chest. If he does sign he'll be a great addition to our squad and an even better human.

C'mon the

vCash
    Ben Smith doing a great job getting us coverage in The West.

Western Force re-sign Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Reesjan Pasitoa and Bayley Kuenzle for next two seasons

The Western Force have re-inked a trio of talented backs, retaining the services of Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Bayley Kuenzle and Reesjan Pasitoa.

The three were out of contract heading into the off-season, but have all re-signed for the Force on two-year deals.

Despite the arrival of Wallabies scurm-half Nic White, the Force have been quick to secure the service of Fines-Leleiwasa after an impressive campaign.

Read More

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast