Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wallabies to wear white at World Cup under contentious colour-blindness policy

vCash
    SO here is the white alternate. Reminds me of an old Fiji jersey I have.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    We had a white alternate in 2015 but I don't think we wore it? I picked it up cheap after the RWC that year to use a Cricket training top.

Prefer Green as the alternate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    We had a white alternate in 2015 but I don't think we wore it? I picked it up cheap after the RWC that year to use a Cricket training top.
    Ha-ha. Reminds me of my S-I-L from Central Otago. Bought his Dad one of these little gems (probably in a clearance bin)....

Name:  ABJ.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  19.4 KB

The old boy said, rather uncharitably, something like "Thanks. That'll do to wash the Pajero"

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Wallabies launch Rugby World Cup 2023 Jersey
    Thu, Jun 22, 2023, 10:57 AM
    Nathan Williamson

The Wallabies have unveiled the jersey set to be worn at the 2023 Rugby World Cup in France later this year.

The design continues with the gold hue brought in 2021, the first time it will be worn by the side at a Rugby World Cup since 1995.

It also will have a permanent First Nations component design on its primary strip, with the playing numbers and inside collar to bear the design of Kamilaroi/Gamilaraay artist Dennis Golding.

"It's a privilege to wear. You just want to be in it a little more now," flanker Michael Hooper told reporters.

"I grew up loving this jersey, seeing the prime ministers wearing it out the following morning after a Wallabies game.

"It means a lot to me and my family. It's awesome to wear it as always."

The Wallabies also released their Alternative jersey, which is a unique white jersey featuring Golding's design.

Flyhalf Quade Cooper was one of several players involved in the design, which is 'designed to give the Wallabies every performance advantage'

"There were a lot of guys who got to have a say and have a thought on how the jersey would best suit and fits us so it was great to be a part of that process," Cooper said.

"The final product is a great fitting and great looking product. When you get the whole of Australia involved...it's a great representation of our Indigenous family.

"I'm not sure how much we'll get to wear the alternative strip but it's a beautiful kit."

“We are thrilled to launch the new jersey for the Wallabies, and for fans and community to come together in union to support the team in the upcoming Rugby World Cup," Mark Brunton, Managing Director for ASICS Oceania added.

"The jersey symbolises not only historical success for fans, but also inspires the players who wear it to feel they can perform at the peak of their abilities.

"This is the third Rugby World Cup Jersey we have proudly designed with the Wallabies through our longstanding partnership with Rugby Australia, and we hope it can bring them great success when they take the field in September.”

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/wallab...jersey-2023622

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2