Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cron faces sanction over TMO lashing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    But if so, the conclusion would have to be that he will be getting sanctioned for saying what they all themselves are thinking.

Or to conceal their part in getting the refs priorities so far out of whack that they couldn't/wouldn't see that hit for what it was.
    100% the latter

You have to cover up the flaws in the system.

Even their response to Tony Lewis' request for a justification was pissweak.

how TF is an "Educational review" going to solve anything, it sounds like there was something that the reffing team weren't aware of.
    Were they not aware of their responsibility to watch the play?
    Were they not aware that a 7 week red card offence required action on the field?
    Were they not aware of the laws governing foul play and head contact?
    Were they not aware that when a player is taken off the field for a HIA that they should go back and have a look at the incident that caused it?

All of these things seem pretty bloody common sense to me!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Regardless of the cost, the spray did have some impact, with Nic Berry being hyper touchy on the carding issue this week. Not sure it was the desired outcome, but somebody listened.[/QUOTE]

Same with a few of the other games you heard the refs even during play asking the Injured player if they were ok and then stopping the game a few phases later.
    Believe it or not the games still flowed and the players were taken care of.
    I personally think that Tony and Simon really caused a stir in rugby Hq and rightly so. A professional ref should be able to be privately castigated if they’ve had a Barry like those guys did. It’s people’s livelihoods at stake after all.

vCash
    I'm happy to chip in for Cronnys fine as cheap shots (especially head shots) which could affect the players safety or health, in the short or long-term, should never be missed - which this one clearly was.

#FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wasmute View Post
    I'm happy to chip in for Cronnys fine as cheap shots (especially head shots) which could affect the players safety or health, in the short or long-term, should never be missed - which this one clearly was.
    especially when it is from that fuck-wit.

Champion
    vCash
    Please explain SANZAAR in 2044 ( 21 years from today:

Dear SANZAAR - our client Jake Strachan was the subject of an illegal tackle by Lochie Swinton. Our client has been diagnosed with CTE and hence we have progressed litigation seeking some $150 million in damages.

Through the process of discovery we notice that neither of the 4 appointed match officials by your organization, utilizing some 9 cameras noticed the head high late tackle. We can show that some 12000 spectators did in fact notice this brutal act.

We find it reasonable that this act was missed to allow the WARATAHS to win their match.

We also find it interesting that when a concerned and well credentialled coach for the FORCE raised the issue post match you have decided to commence disciplinary action. We are not sure what to interpret from such an action.

We look forward to meeting you in court.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I was imagining it more as part of a "greatest missed hits" video, followed by an invitation for RA to repeat for the court their statement regarding their commitment to player safety...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Hello -Its me - I am the bad guy.

Tony Lewis sent a please explain request thru the appropriate channels. This is what's supposed to happen.

Simon Cron - put his grievance into the public domain. SO, just like what happens in the AFL, NRL, NBL, A-League, Chicks Netball, and probably the V8 Supercars. He is subject to possible sanction for criticising the Referee etc.

Its not a deliberate knock against the Western Force. Its not a conspiracy. If Brad Thorn, or Stephen Larkham, or Darren Coleman, or Kevin Foote did the same thing - they all would be in the exact same trouble.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quite agree, although I would be interested to hear in quotes the 'grievance' Cron put in the public domain. He asked whether every one of those referees just missed a high end piece of foul play, even on all the replays they had available, or was there a thought process behind it being conpletely ignored. Given the supposed focus on head high contact, it seems quite a reasonable question, seeing as it is the sole reason for the second TMO to exist at all, and if it was a conscious choice then the current process very clearly failed and a significant recalibration needed. If all that is supposed to be 'Star Chamber' stuff and kept entirely secret, then their supposed commitment to action on player protection has to be questioned.

As I noted previously, that everyone read that as him questioning the refs integrity is far more reflective of their thoughts and worries about referees than anything he said. The likely outcome is that he'll be penalised for what they secretly think, projected on him.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

Tony Lewis sent a please explain request thru the appropriate channels. This is what's supposed to happen.

Simon Cron - put his grievance into the public domain. SO, just like what happens in the AFL, NRL, NBL, A-League, Chicks Netball, and probably the V8 Supercars. He is subject to possible sanction for criticising the Referee etc.

Its not a deliberate knock against the Western Force. Its not a conspiracy. If Brad Thorn, or Stephen Larkham, or Darren Coleman, or Kevin Foote did the same thing - they all would be in the exact same trouble.
    Personally in such a case I think a better way to handle this would be " We have the power to sanction Cron and to request a "please explain" , however in this case we can clearly see a break down in our current method of officiating and will look to remedy that.

Often a more powerful message is to say we have a loaded gun and have the right to take it out of it's holster, however in this case we'll keep it in it's holster.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash

A young man was physically assaulted in a way that would have serious consequences outside of a football field, and there was no explanation of how it was missed. None whatsover. So the questions asked were reasonable and appropriate given the circumstances. Either it was missed or it was ignored. Which was it?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    A young man was physically assaulted in a way that would have serious consequences outside of a football field, and there was no explanation of how it was missed. None whatsover. So the questions asked were reasonable and appropriate given the circumstances. Either it was missed or it was ignored. Which was it?
    You know the hardest thing in the world to do is explain a mistake to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.

Yes, the questions asked were reasonable and appropriate. However not the correct way to do it. That is what Tony Lewis had already done. They didn't need to be asked, again.

Airing dirty laundry in public makes everyone look bad. That's why they have correct and proper channels.

Exile
    Sydney

Player
    vCash
    You know the hardest thing in the world to do is explain a mistake to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.

Yes, the questions asked were reasonable and appropriate. However not the correct way to do it. That is what Tony Lewis had already done. They didn't need to be asked, again.

Airing dirty laundry in public makes everyone look bad. That's why they have correct and proper channels.
    The point is that the mistake has not been explained. Crickets. You might find that acceptable but I certainly don't. It wasn't a 50/50 decision either. It was obvious, malicious and (as the subsequent citing showed) at the high end of the scale. I repeat my question, was it missed or was it ignored?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    The point is that the mistake has not been explained. Crickets. You might find that acceptable but I certainly don't. It wasn't a 50/50 decision either. It was obvious, malicious and (as the subsequent citing showed) at the high end of the scale. I repeat my question, was it missed or was it ignored?
    You know - for what it's worth.

I didn't see it. I have no idea what I was doing or not doing - but I was watching the match. And I missed the incident.

So because I am the bad guy. Does me missing the whacking of Jake an accident, or did I deliberately close my eyes a the right moment?

SteveWA - I have a question for you:

If next week Georgina Robinson reports in the SMH that the RA Investigation of the Incident found that the TMO('s) made a mistake and they weren't fully seated and situated for the start of the match (just a guess). They have sent a written apology to the Western Force CEO Tony Lewis and to Jake Strachan. And RugbyAustralia has deemed that their punishment will be 40 lashes on the end of their dick with the tail of a frilled neck lizard. Will this satisfy you?

I ask this because you are giving off the impression that no matter what happens you aren't going to be happy about the outcome.

You do realise that they can't go back in time and fix it, right?

Exile
    Sydney

Veteran
    vCash
    Cron was brave/stupid to phrase it like that.

But i also agree with Steve, there has been no comment as to how it was missed. There is a big song and dance about head contact, and this is the biggest miss of the decade. but no comment why/how it was missed, and if it wasn't missed, why it wasn't sanctioned in the game.

not really good enough. And this is not a the central ref stuffed up, the officiating team stuffed up.

Player
    vCash
    You know - for what it's worth.

I didn't see it. I have no idea what I was doing or not doing - but I was watching the match. And I missed the incident.

So because I am the bad guy. Does me missing the whacking of Jake an accident, or did I deliberately close my eyes a the right moment?

SteveWA - I have a question for you:

If next week Georgina Robinson reports in the SMH that the RA Investigation of the Incident found that the TMO('s) made a mistake and they weren't fully seated and situated for the start of the match (just a guess). They have sent a written apology to the Western Force CEO Tony Lewis and to Jake Strachan. And RugbyAustralia has deemed that their punishment will be 40 lashes on the end of their dick with the tail of a frilled neck lizard. Will this satisfy you?

I ask this because you are giving off the impression that no matter what happens you aren't going to be happy about the outcome.

You do realise that they can't go back in time and fix it, right?
    Firstly, this isn't about you. You weren't paid to watch out for foul play and you didn't have the benefit of multiple TV monitors with the ability to forensically replay the incident. Nor did you ignore the Force onfield leadership team asking you to review the incident.

Secondly, if RA comes out with an explanation then I'll form an opinion at the time that happens. So far they haven't.

And thirdly, since you mentioned GR I'll ask you a question. Do you think it is reasonable that RA (correction - someone associated with RA or Super Rugby) has apparently leaked to GR yet can't explain what happened on the day?

Last edited by SteveWA; 27-04-23 at 13:47.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast