Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cron faces sanction over TMO lashing

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Firstly, this isn't about you. You weren't paid to watch out for foul play and you didn't have the benefit of multiple TV monitors with the ability to forensically replay the incident. Nor did you ignore the Force onfield leadership team asking you to review the incident.

Secondly, if RA comes out with an explanation then I'll form an opinion at the time that happens. So far they haven't.

And thirdly, since you mentioned GR I'll ask you a question. Do you think it is reasonable that RA has apparently leaked to GR yet can't explain what happened on the day?
    RA has leaked to GR what happened? And GR hasn't published it? Or has she? and I missed that too.

If we are going to get technical an organisation like RA doesn't leak information to a journalist. Its a Press Release or an interview or Background.

Assuming GR is a Journalist.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    .....and now back to the studio for a score update...SteveWA 3...Bad Guy Ex-WA yet to trouble the scoreboard attendant.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Veteran
    vCash
    there is a weird amount protection going on here.

I dont think anyone could defend the way Cron went about airing his grievance. it was always going to end this way.

I dont think anyone could expect Cron to not quetion it

I dont think anyone could expect that RA would not respond to the criticism

I think everyone expects to know how and why it was missed.

we are all correct.

we are all just waiting for RA to tell us what happened, and to discover the fine that Cron gets. really quite simple.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    .....and now back to the studio for a score update...SteveWA 3...Bad Guy Ex-WA yet to trouble the scoreboard attendant.
    And it's not about me either

Simon .X. is genuine in what he says and I appreciate his viewpoint. Usually I'd agree with him, I just happen to think on this occasion being the nice guy and not rocking boats will lead to the unacceptable to be accepted.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    RA has leaked to GR what happened? And GR hasn't published it? Or has she? and I missed that too.

If we are going to get technical an organisation like RA doesn't leak information to a journalist. Its a Press Release or an interview or Background.

Assuming GR is a Journalist.
    So did RA (or rather Super Rugby) issue a Press Release about the "Please Explain" to Cron? If they did I can't find it, all I've seen is an article by GR. So was that a leak or did she make it up?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    So did RA (or rather Super Rugby) issue a Press Release about the "Please Explain" to Cron? If they did I can't find it, all I've seen is an article by GR. So was that a leak or did she make it up?
    what has likely happened is that someone in the press office having a conversation with GR has said - "Gee, the bosses arent happy with what Cronny said in that interview"

GR has a little heart palpitation that becomes Headline - "Cron to be fined by RA for criticizing Refs"

To be perfectly honest - I would like to put money on RA are just waiting for this to die down and go away so they don't have to talk/respond to it.

They are on a can't-win basis. No matter what they say.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    3-1

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    what has likely happened is that someone in the press office having a conversation with GR has said - "Gee, the bosses arent happy with what Cronny said in that interview"GR has a little heart palpitation that becomes Headline - "Cron to be fined by RA for criticizing Refs"To be perfectly honest - I would like to put money on RA are just waiting for this to die down and go away so they don't have to talk/respond to it.They are on a can't-win basis. No matter what they say.
    Yeah, I think ra were quietly hoping that they could pretend they didn't hear anythingThen their major broadcaster mentioned something was saidWait a couple of days, get some functionary who's assigned the task of getting stories out that don't get attributed to the organisationMake the rest of the world think something's going to happen.Give it a day or two and call Cron, acknowledging he had a point, but the way he did it was badIssue an official release saying that you have met with Simon Cron and discussed his breach of protocol, the sanction will not be publishedTry to wipe the remaining egg off your face

C'mon the

vCash
    RA are keeping stum knowing that the rest of Australian rugby don’t give a sh1t about the Force and we aren’t a rugby heartland and we will forget it eventually! Apart from young Stracnn who may end up with life changing injuries and they will be sued for but not on their watch!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    SANZAAR or whoever administers Super Rugby Pacific must really be upset with Cron waiting a whole week to issue a "please explain".

vCash

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3