Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can rugbywa stop making fuck ups

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    5 years was the max apparantly
    Max punishment for World Rugby apparently.

One of the articles I saw about it yesterday said the original punishment that RugbyWA wanted to hand down was 100+ weeks.

Assaulting a match official really should have a life ban.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    5 years was the max apparantly
    No, 5 years is entry point, that reporter got it wrong.

96 game entry, the player was initially charged with over 100, but this was reduced due to contrition etc.

He could have got a life ban. I have deliberately avoided watching the incident because I don't want to give it clicks, others can comment on whether he should have gotten life.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    I think this issue has hijacked this post.
    Should we get back on track on what is wrong with RugbyWA and the decision to relegate.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Perhaps RugbyWA should not have expanded as they have. Yes, it would have been hard on those who wanted to become start up clubs but a more solid smaller group would not have brought about the issue we have been dealing with for too many years.
    Sounds a bit like Pulver and the ARU in 2017 saying Australia needs to "shrink to greatness".

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Sounds a bit like Pulver and the ARU in 2017 saying Australia needs to "shrink to greatness".
    Brilliant Hansie. And we know what happened there don't we.

Champion
    vCash
    Back on track: For too many years the changes to the comp structure has been reactionary, I don't think we've had the same structure operating for more than 4 or 5 years in a row. so, if there is going to be a relegation/promotion system, it needs to be well planned and put in place for more than 3 or 4 or 5 years. Players want to win and play for winning clubs. If clubs are relegated on the performance of 1st grade, there will be talented Colts at that club that will walk to play the following season with a winning club. Even worse will be talented Colts or 2nd graders who give the game away. The fear of this happening will send clubs broke trying to lure and pay for players to keep them in the top grades. Perhaps to help prevent this happening is to restricts "imports" in any 1st grade side to 3 or 4 max, for the whole season. The balance must show they have been members of that club for minimum 3 years. There will still be questions over newly arrived migrants from O/S, should there be a "salary cap" where clubs divulge their payment structure?, what about force players? maybe it's time for RugbyWA to enlist the services of a sporting advisory group or create such a group to meet with all stakeholders and make some recommendations.

Champion
    vCash
    The 5 clubs on the chopping block are Bros, Baysie, Wests, Roodogs, and Kala,all 5 clubs have juniors in just about every age group and also all field womens teams along with 3 senior grade sides.

They are all viable and have a rich history, just because a couple of suits thinks this whole debacle is a good idea driven by a couple of wise men from the East who were here for half a haircut does not mean it's the way forward and a way to actually grow the game.

Clubs need to stick together and tell those suits how it's going to roll and then they can administer that competition, interesting times ahead and if RWA back down on this then they will get a hell of a lot more respect from those in club land because if they don't it won't be a pretty ending for anyone.

We need to stick together although I am hearing there maybe one or two ready to feast on the carcass that will be the relegated club, I would be very disappointed if that's true.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    The 5 clubs on the chopping block are Bros, Baysie, Wests, Roodogs, and Kala,all 5 clubs have juniors in just about every age group and also all field womens teams along with 3 senior grade sides.

They are all viable and have a rich history, just because a couple of suits thinks this whole debacle is a good idea driven by a couple of wise men from the East who were here for half a haircut does not mean it's the way forward and a way to actually grow the game.

Clubs need to stick together and tell those suits how it's going to roll and then they can administer that competition, interesting times ahead and if RWA back down on this then they will get a hell of a lot more respect from those in club land because if they don't it won't be a pretty ending for anyone.

We need to stick together although I am hearing there maybe one or two ready to feast on the carcass that will be the relegated club, I would be very disappointed if that's true.
    Could not agree more with all those sentiments. Why get rid of a side that is doing more to grow the game than some in the golden triangle with their cheque books - oh, and did I mention one club that should not be playing in Premier Grade under the current rules because they have no juniors. Here's a clue: You don't need to be a student of the game to work out which club that might be.

Champion
    vCash
    Again we need to stick together and the time to stick the boot into each other is not now, we can save that for later.

According to the RWA website and if the letter of the law is adhered to in accordance of the participtation agreement University has not provided the required 5 junior teams however in every rugby playing country in the world and in those capital cities there is a university rugby club and very few if any of those universities actually have any juniors so I don't agree with those that are using the RWA noncompliance thing as a reason as to why they should be relegated.

We also need to remember that Uni have to stay in Prems so we can watch their class one cockhead coach lose his shit when they get rolled again in finals as will inevitably happen.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    good to see you have thrown away the pills,Westies!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Westie is 100% correct.

Our landscape and competition is unique and different to the East. Their models will not work here.

In 2017 the ARU made a massive mistake and miscalculation based on advice that had no comprehension of what we were doing in the West. Let's not allow history to repeat itself in our backyard.

All clubs must get together to work collaboratively for the good of our game.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Coach - I think someone has hacked Hansie's profile - the hacker just agreed with Westie.

OR

We need to call The Guiness Book people - Hansie agreed with Westie.

OR

Torvil and Dean are performing for the Devil

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Coach - I think someone has hacked Hansie's profile - the hacker just agreed with Westie.

OR

OR

Are you qualified to comment on Perth Club Rugby?

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

OR

OR

Put Westie and I on the sidelines of a game between our two clubs and there is absolutely no way we will agree on any ref decision, assistant refs judgement of the ball crossing touch etc. but we will both agree to debate how to make the game better for all when we are away from the field.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Again we need to stick together and the time to stick the boot into each other is not now, we can save that for later.

According to the RWA website and if the letter of the law is adhered to in accordance of the participtation agreement University has not provided the required 5 junior teams however in every rugby playing country in the world and in those capital cities there is a university rugby club and very few if any of those universities actually have any juniors so I don't agree with those that are using the RWA noncompliance thing as a reason as to why they should be relegated.

We also need to remember that Uni have to stay in Prems so we can watch their class one cockhead coach lose his shit when they get rolled again in finals as will inevitably happen.
    So. No Juniors. No points. Relegation. Whoops say the board, didn't expect that. Oh, we'll just slap them on the wrists with a fine instead and while we're at it let's scrap that silly relegation law.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast